Bono or Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
I read somewhere Bono's statement:
"Some of the best lyrics wrote The Edge and some of the best guitar riffs i wrote"
For lyrics it says who wrote them in album book, but for guitar riffs i doesn't.
So, which guitar riff did Bono invevt/made up?

I think Bono plays the guitar solo at the end in Dancing Barefoot.

Otherwise, I think he mostly plays what you hear on the acoustic guitar on the albums.

I just noticed that Bono plays some melody in the acoustic performance of SYCMIOYO (HTDAAB dvd) :drool:

I love how he forgets the chords during the song :lol: (even Edge laughs) :edge:

JMScoopy said:

I think these kind of jokes are tired. :mad:

Ever wondered why you dont hear his guitar when playing live most of the time ?

Relax Scoopy, I think he does really look good with a guitar...:madspit:

dr.dae said:

Ever wondered why you dont hear his guitar when playing live most of the time ?

Actually, he's often quite audible, especially on bootlegs.

Axver said:

Actually, he's often quite audible, especially on bootlegs.

That`s what I´m talking about...but he`s way under the normal mix. You can hear him if you focus on him but he´s never prominent in the mix.

By the way, I think he`s doing good IF you hear him in the live mix. ( Never talked about studio recordings).

cheers,
dr.dae

dr.dae said:

That`s what I´m talking about...but he`s way under the normal mix. You can hear him if you focus on him but he´s never prominent in the mix.

By the way, I think he`s doing good IF you hear him in the live mix. ( Never talked about studio recordings).

....b/c he plays rhythm guitar. why would he be prominent in the mix even if he was better than Edge? :scratch:

dr.dae said:

cheers,
dr.dae

Here's a cure for you - get into the ellipse. You'll notice just how loud Bono's amp is. He's below the house mix, yes, but onstage is right in there. That's why I like to be up front! :)

Back
Top Bottom