Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian activists slam 'gay milk propaganda' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Ahahahaha, what-

... oh wait, they're serious. Oh.

I've actually never seen Housos... reckon I should get season one on DVD?

If you like the Angry Vicroads Caller, then yes, absolutely.

Danny, I will top you.

Context: I went to a 24 hour comedy gig. We got the horrible idea to prank Alan Jones.

Ergo, I recorded this: Alan Jones - 24 Hour Gig Call In by Melinda Miller 3 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Oh wow. :lol:

It's profoundly disturbing. Russia in particular seems to be in a spectacular rush backwards.

Makes sense considering the high numbers of neo-nazis/'national bolsheviks' throughout the country, and especially when you have clowns such as Zhirinovsky roaming the place.

Almost a century ago this was the first country (I think, at least European) to legalise gay marriage, legalise abortion and make men and women equal even despite the flaws Revolutionary Russia may have had at the time.

I'd question whether the sexual equality was ever achieved beyond paper (just look at its heavily patriarchal state structure), and I was aware of the legalised abortion, but unless I'm having a bad memory day - legalising gay marriage?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that happened. It got taken down in the late 20s/early 30s though, unfortunately, since Stalin cited it as a 'bourgeois condition' of some sort. But we all know anything resembling reason was never Stalin's strong point and even after his death, the USSR remained pretty conversative and because of this it is partly why Eastern Europe remains mostly homophobic.

786421899_627287.gif

Hey Danny, in light of your hate for Aussie hip hop, we were just wondering what your opinion of Kiwi/Pasifika hip hop is? e.g. Scribe, P Money, Che Fu, that sort of thing.

At least, unlike in Australia, most Kiwi hip hop isn't by middle class white tossers trying too hard to be urban. Can't say I've listened to much of it myself, though I think Charlotte knows some of it.

Scribe's Not Many was everywhere for a few years. I think it's got a great beat. And the rapping is certainly light years ahead of any Australian "rapper", even if it's just a slightly quicker version of Dr Dre's Forgot About Dre. You can consider a hip-hop song really successful if lines or the beat get sampled in other songs or become phrases, and "not many / if any" certainly did that.

I just discovered this terrific production company:

Vídeo Brinquedo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Their films are some of the funniest shit I've ever seen. The Little Cars series makes I Don't Want My Pizza Burning look like Wall-E.

Probably my favourite thing from the wiki article:

"A 2008 study in Beijing found that the Chinese DVD copy of Ratatoing had a high amount of piracy.[17]"

Now I imagine going to Shanghai, and on every TV I walk past, I see this thing staring back at me:

Ratatoing-dvd.jpg

I've already got tickets for that one! May see you there... but it seems Comics Lounge also does food, maybe we could do that then go see Adam Hills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom