Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think the last song Muse ever wrote was Knights Of Cydonia and I'm completely okay with that.

But they only have Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry, and Absolution and I don't recognise that title from any of those three!

My religious cousin, and also mother to a newborn, on Facebook today. :sigh:

"what is this world coming to? what a frustrating Insight last night, very disappointed there were no 'pro life' advocates included in the discussion, everyone just wants to play God. How corrupt this world would be if we all got to choose our children, there is a reason there is a God."

What I want to know is how the women quoted in that story found out about the urinals.

I liked the part where he said the US have the best healthcare yet are hopelessly upstaged in that department by a nearby island they have been so enthusiastically oppressing and strangling over the past 50 or so years. :laugh:

I don't even see the point of trying to discuss anything with him.

This is pretty great stuff from Guy Sebastian.

"I still believe in God, I still believe in the fundamentals of that. But I base it on the fact God is love. I don't feel God is what people have said He is throughout generations. For me it's a faith. People sometimes lose the concept of faith. I don't know if there's only one God, I don't know if there's a God, I just have a faith that there is. That's what I've grown up with. But the minute it starts to become about hate, I switch off."
Sebastian's eyes were opened when a male friend he grew up with came out as gay - and fled overseas out of fear of the flak he might cop from the church.
"He moved countries, he was that scared about the whole religious thing because he was brought up in the church. My friends and I were like, 'Dude, why did you leave, what did you think we would say?' It became not a big deal at all.
"Look at gay marriage. I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone who they can and can't be in love with. You look back at the unfair things that happen in history, and this will be looked back on as one of those things.
"People will think 'Oh my gosh, I can't believe the world was in that state, that they held those views'. It's pretty unfair for people to not claim the same benefits; that's ridiculous."

:up: :up: :up:

Losing my religion: Sebastian | News.com.au

It's quite possible! Do his/their dog's bark at absolute nothing while your trying to watch TV? This went on for an entire hour while I was home for lunch. I'm this close to spraying the dog with the hose when they aren't home.

It's quite possible! Do his/their dog's bark at absolute nothing while your trying to watch TV? This went on for an entire hour while I was home for lunch. I'm this close to spraying the dog with the hose when they aren't home.

Oh god, we have another neighbour who I think owns that very dog. Barks all through the fucking day sometimes. Haven't missed it one bit since I got my office at uni ... even the construction outside my office is more peaceful most of the time than that dumb fucking dog and its moronic barking at shadows!

Oh god, we have another neighbour who I think owns that very dog. Barks all through the fucking day sometimes. Haven't missed it one bit since I got my office at uni ... even the construction outside my office is more peaceful most of the time than that dumb fucking dog and its moronic barking at shadows!

I'll either spray it or just turn the lawnmower on for an hour to drown it out. It's one of those little fluffs (I think there is two, but I'm not sure) that only old people are supposed to have, I've always had a strong dislike for those type of dogs and this is not helping!

How fun are neighbours? :tsk:

I saw this on Facebook and I assume Alison is behind it: John Farnham flash mob in Manly takes residents by urprise | News.com.au

Also, haha at the "urprise" typo in the headline.

Bahahaha, that's fantastic. :lol:

I thought it said "uprise" for a moment, and had a glorious vision of a Muse/JF mashup.... "Rise up and take the power back because you're the voice..." :wink:

This is pretty great stuff from Guy Sebastian.

Losing my religion: Sebastian | News.com.au

I actually went into that thread in FYM just before (these moments of madness seize me from time to time)... I think the fact that I skimmed most of Indy's posts is the only thing that prevented my brain from exploding.

I'll either spray it or just turn the lawnmower on for an hour to drown it out. It's one of those little fluffs (I think there is two, but I'm not sure) that only old people are supposed to have, I've always had a strong dislike for those type of dogs and this is not helping!

How fun are neighbours? :tsk:

I think this dog is at least a "real" dog ... I am tempted to buy a dog whistle just to drive it completely fucking insane.

Honestly, this is the first time in a long time I've had serious, ongoing frustration as a result of shitty neighbours, as opposed to just some occasional moments of annoyance.

Oh a dog whistle would be a brilliant idea!

Same for us, although we've only been out of home for not quite twelve months yet. But the guy who lived in the unit previous to these guys was so quiet you barley knew anyone lived there. He moved out in January and the unit was vacant till March or so and has been shit ever since.

You should consider complaining to the landlord/real estate agency. I've thought about complaining about our upstairs neighbour.

My neighbours just speak Vietnamese very loudly late at night. No loud Washed Out or COD to speak of.

Speaking of dogs, I sorta rescued a dog today. Was just driving home and there was a golden retriever sniffing around by the side of the road, didn't seem to have an owner around. I drove right on past but then was all UGH FUCK I'LL NEVER FORGIVE MYSELF IF I SEE IT IN A DITCH TOMORROW, especially since it was right near the train tracks. I drove on back and called for it. Had a collar, but no name or number, so I was worried I'd have to knock on every door on the block. It was real bouncy and fun, not fully grown. I asked a guy doing some roadworks if he'd seen where the dog came from, and as soon as the dog saw him, it belted back to a house with a very obvious open gate that I'd somehow not noticed. I formally gave the dog back and congratulated myself by blasting Toto on the way home.

The moral of the story is that dogs are frightened of roadworkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom