Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with all these frontmen of bands being just about the same height as me. I swear, there seems to be some sort of trend where frontmen are all approximately about 5 foot 7 in height, like me. :laugh:

(Yes I am self conscious about my height)

Vlad n U 2 said:
What is it with all these frontmen of bands being just about the same height as me. I swear, there seems to be some sort of trend where frontmen are all approximately about 5 foot 7 in height, like me. :laugh:

Complexes.

I'm going to become a Bono impersonator aka Pavel and have people on Interference write mean things about me ... :love:

I'm pretty sure I figured out what's wrong with my forearms and wrists. I've done something different and they already feel better since Tuesday.

Btw Vlad, five foot seven is a perfectly respectable height for someone who may not have finished growing yet, and even for someone who has. Are you taller than either of your parents?

Glad to hear this! :up: What changed?

Well I'm pretty sure that in my weight loss, I lost muscle mass from my wrists for not eating enough protein. I tripled my protein intake by adding things like nuts and more meat by subbing out things like goldfish, granola bars, and fruit snacks and am coming out even on the calories. And I've been working my wrists and forearms with a stress ball and they already feel light years better. I'm just hoping I'm not getting exicted prematurely. But it'll be nice to be able to play guitar again Tuesday at practice and see if I can hold the chords down any easier.

Of course my right middle finger and the back of my right hand are still fucked. A splint did no good.

What's with people taller than me complaining about being short? :tsk:

Btw Vlad, five foot seven is a perfectly respectable height for someone who may not have finished growing yet, and even for someone who has. Are you taller than either of your parents?

My dad's about 2cm taller, mum's about 13cm shorter than I am. :lol: I'm fairly average height compared to those of my ethnicity, but in Australia I feel like I'm being swamped by giants.

Seriously, I find the correlation between being below average height and a frontman to be eerily accurate. Thom Yorke, Bono, JD Bradfield, Matt Bellamy, Beck (not really a band but still), Ian Brown etc. I find it fascinating, that's all.

My dad's about 2cm taller, mum's about 13cm shorter than I am. :lol: I'm fairly average height compared to those of my ethnicity, but in Australia I feel like I'm being swamped by giants.

There's a reason I always go for the front row at gigs. It seems your average gig-going male is about half a foot taller than me.

I don't know how all the four-foot-nothing chicks cope.

There's a reason I always go for the front row at gigs. It seems your average gig-going male is about half a foot taller than me.

I don't know how all the four-foot-nothing chicks cope.

120cm? :laugh:

I understand your point. I'd do the same.

I was perhaps being a tad hyperbolic.

Plus being up the front is just the best anyway. I like to gaze at pedals and take printed setlists.

Even if you're tall: why would you pay for a concert ticket and stand at the back? Or worse, stand at the bar and talk the whole time, as a surprising amount of people seem to do?

My very limited knowledge of how concerts work leads me to be very surprised that people actually stand at bars during concerts they paid for.

Though I don't think it's all that different to going to the football, having to sit in a corporate box and be around people who only sporadically follow the game while sipping wine. On both occasions I went to see a game in a corporate box I paid surprisingly little attention to tasty food as my eyes were glued to the proceedings of the match. :laugh:

Vlad n U 2 said:
Seriously, I find the correlation between being below average height and a frontman to be eerily accurate. Thom Yorke, Bono, JD Bradfield, Matt Bellamy, Beck (not really a band but still), Ian Brown etc. I find it fascinating, that's all.

Not to mention the chillsexbro in my avatar.

Hey Danny, what do you think of Seth Sentry? Someone put his album on at work today and I really, really liked it. I didn't really notice much of an Aussie accent either (not that that bugs me too much anyway). But yeah, that's some Aussie hip-hop I can get into.

I like the idea of Vlad thinking Alan Palomo is a chillsexbro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom