Best Song Survivor: Rattle And Hum Round V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your LEAST FAVOURITE song.

Welcome to the fifth round for Rattle And Hum in Best Song Survivor! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 song. To do so, songs will be eliminated album-by-album in 24 hour long rounds to leave the favourites to contest a final that will determine the very favourite. The top two songs from Rattle And Hum will proceed to the quarter finals. Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Due to dominating past tournaments and the inevitable likelihood that they will do the same this time, Where The Streets Have No Name and One are not in the tournament and can be assumed default equal #1 over and above the ultimate winner.

The fourth round was the closest round thus far for RAH, and Angel Of Harlem was the loser.

ORDER OF ELIMINATION
9. Love Rescue Me
8. When Love Comes To Town
7. Van Diemen's Land
6. Angel Of Harlem

FINALISTS
1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Bad
5. With Or Without You
6. Running To Stand Still
7. In God's Country
8. One Tree Hill

LAST ROUND'S RESULTS
37 votes: Angel Of Harlem
29: Hawkmoon 269
23: God Part II
15: Heartland (wtf)
6: Desire
0: All I Want Is You
(Total votes: 110)

Desire, for the same reasons I voted for Angel Of Harlem over the last three rounds.

I will play no part in the elimination of Hawkmoon 269 or God Part II. They are both excellent songs and worthy finalists.

God Part II.

I like Desire less, but I never really got the hoo-hah over this track. Seems like it's disliked pretty much everywhere outside of the U2 fanatics, too. And to save Hawkmoon, yes.

My reasoning for voting Hawkmoon is two-fold. I think it has the best chance of ousting Heartland as one of the 2 in the finals AND it's my least favourite remaining.

I don't think you have to worry about Heartland for at least one more round, if not two.

I think this round and the next will see the elimination of Hawkmoon and God Part II, then the final round will be a close battle between Desire and Heartland for the one RAH spot not claimed by AIWIY.

That said, I didn't think Angel would be ousted in the last round, so hopefully Desire can make a charge.

Part of the reason I'm not getting involved in strategic voting this round is that I genuinely can't decide if I favour Hawkmoon or God Part II, so I'll stick with my genuine least favourite of Desire.

I'm stealing Axver's muffins and giving them to those voting for Heartland... c'mon folks! I know you've want it...

MrMac, the only muffins you have stolen are arsenic muffins. Which is exactly what you deserve. :tongue:

MrMac, the only muffins you have stolen are arsenic muffins. Which is exactly what you deserve. :tongue:

:shh:
It's better for you... if my plan works you'll be getting rid of the Heartland haters...
you'll just have to deal with me. :wink:

Desire, for the same reasons I voted for Angel Of Harlem over the last three rounds.

I will play no part in the elimination of Hawkmoon 269 or God Part II. They are both excellent songs and worthy finalists.

Same.

I love how All I Want Is You didn't get voted for in the last round. :happy:

God Part II

This album deserves three songs in the finals. The "new" tunes are pretty excellent for the most part, especially these 5.

I'm open to arbitrarily changing the rules and sending three songs to the final if satisfactorily bribed. :wink:

I'm open to arbitrarily changing the rules and sending three songs to the final if satisfactorily bribed. :wink:

Just take one away from ATYCLB. Or just leave Bomb with one... COBL is really the only song on that album that has a chance in hell at going anywhere once it gets out of that round, anyway.

Back
Top Bottom