Best Part of New Album -- Makes you love the old stuff again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Right now found on VH1 classic an hour special on The Joshua Tree... and it got me thinking the best part of No Line is that it makes me excited to listen to U2 in general... watch the old DVD I haven't in years... get excited that they might play a song live they haven't played in a long time...

Oh boy...

I was thinking about this the other day actually. Its that way for me too. U2 have always been my favourite band, but not always my favourite at the moment. When they have new albums coming out, my U2 consumption always skyrockets and I find myself listening to a lot of their old stuff. whats old is new again. good times

After all the talk about best albums... I realize I don't remember last time I listened to the first 4 albums as opposed to just the singles... I've got to do that.

I dunno, I was absolutely nutty about listening to old stuff from 2002-2005 (those were my university years so that may have something to do with it). But I think I got a little fatigued of old U2 when U2 18 Singles came out.

NLOTH is exciting, but I'm not sure if it gets me excited to listen to the old stuff again. I hadn't really been listening to new music since Bomb came out, but recently I've been excited about Coldplay, The Killers, and from what I hear, Kings of Leon is pretty damn good too. I'm happy that there are bands coming out with new music that I like because I don't think I can keep going back to old U2 forever without getting bored of it eventually.

Really? For me totally opposite. Sure U2 is my favorite, but don't always get excited to hear BULLET THE BLUE SKY... but when a new album/tour comes around, my love of the old stuff comes back. I go from general U2 love to U2 FULL THROTTLE!

For the next year as the tour goes on, I'll be lost in U2 land... took a break after last tour...

But if Streets comes on the radio, I go crazy... but only when an album comes out does my iPod play 99% U2.

The NEW stuff makes me discover the old stuff again. The song THE FIRST TIME wasn't a big one for me, but last tour they killed it, now I love it...

Really? For me totally opposite. Sure U2 is my favorite, but don't always get excited to hear BULLET THE BLUE SKY... but when a new album/tour comes around, my love of the old stuff comes back. I go from general U2 love to U2 FULL THROTTLE!

For the next year as the tour goes on, I'll be lost in U2 land... took a break after last tour...

But if Streets comes on the radio, I go crazy... but only when an album comes out does my iPod play 99% U2.

The NEW stuff makes me discover the old stuff again. The song THE FIRST TIME wasn't a big one for me, but last tour they killed it, now I love it...

You have to understand, I was listening U2 nonstop for that period before the end of the last Tour. Every bootleg from the tour, every officially released concert, every music video, every album, every best of compilation, even b-sides. It was insane.

And since then I've realized I stopped listening to other new music, so instead of going back and listening to old U2 I'm trying to find other bands that I like. I'll eventually go back to listening to old U2, but right now I'm very insecure about getting stuck listening to only old music 20 years from now :reject:

Gets me thinking... what songs are coming back on this tour that will be redone...

The Unforgettable Fire seems to fit with this new album well...

Back
Top Bottom