Best Of DVD....Easter Egg Hunt!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
Anybody know of any hidden tracks yet? So far, I know of the Trabant screensaver(from U2 Log, but I still have yet to figure it out). Also, on the track menu for Last Night On Earth, one of the pictures on the left side of the screen can be clicked(on a PC, mind you) for access to some extra footage of that video. I was hoping to start this thread to have all of the Easter Eggs posted in one place.........anyone else?:bono:

One.....

I'm not picking up the DVD til Thursday after my last final (so I won't be tempted to skip my studying), but I found this on youtwo.net:

If you access track 18 on the DVD, you'll see W.S. Burroughs hanging out with U2 for 30 seconds.

This page also lists some hidden tracks on the dvd, not sure if it's obvious to those of you that have it, or how you access it if it's not obvious:

http://1073online.com/common/launch/110402/110402_u2_bestof_dvd.html

Last edited:
I have a DVD-ROM drive on my PC, so I was watching it on that, and I went to the Extra Features menu, and then to DVD-ROM. For some reason it didn't recognize my drive and just said something like "Please insert this DVD into a DVD-ROM drive to access special features". OK I thought, maybe I can click on it. I clicked on it and the screen switched to a red screen with teh blurry numbers "616" in the middle. That's all it is, and I can't find a way to back out of it without hitting the menu button. If someone could find out what the hell this is or what 616 means, it'd help out.

616 is the number of the beast in the Latin version of the Revelation translated by St. Jerome. there are a number of ancient biblical manuscripts that use this number instead of the more common 666.

what to do with this information regarding U2 or the DVD, i'm not real sure.

c

DaveC said:
I clicked on it and the screen switched to a red screen with teh blurry numbers "616" in the middle. That's all it is, and I can't find a way to back out of it without hitting the menu button. If someone could find out what the hell this is or what 616 means, it'd help out.

I posted this elsewhere.... but I can't imagine that the DVD case would have buffalo all over it but no buffalo video.
I'm wondering if that video isn't an easter egg.

Re: yo Kristie

bonosloveslave said:

I have no idea what language this is in, I think the site is out of Denmark, but they show buffalo pics:

http://www.u2tour.de/news/article879.html

german
Evidently there's some screenshots of the One video but it doesn't say how to get to them... and a trabbie screensaver with swimming trabants, but again, it doesn't say how to access it.
Or maybe since I took my last german exam ever this morning my german abilities have severly declined and I'm wrong :D

I am having so much fun with my DVD tonite!!! So last night I just watched the DVD straight through....tonite I decided to go through it track by track, and I figured out how to find the alternative videos for EBTTRT, One, Stuck, Staring at the Sun, and Numb. I can't believe I have never seen most of the alternative versions!
And I saw track 18 bonosloveslave, :lol: thats pretty funny! thanks for the tip!

U2SJ said:
I am having so much fun with my DVD tonite!!! So last night I just watched the DVD straight through....tonite I decided to go through it track by track, and I figured out how to find the alternative videos for EBTTRT, One, Stuck, Staring at the Sun, and Numb. I can't believe I have never seen most of the alternative versions!
And I saw track 18 bonosloveslave, :lol: thats pretty funny! thanks for the tip!

You may be getting an annoying pm from me regarding theses tracks in the next few days.....:wave:

U2SJ said:

Numb? Are you sure? :scratch: I saw alternative versions for all of those you mentioned, but not for Numb. :huh:

U2SJ said:
I figured out how to find the alternative videos for EBTTRT, One, Stuck, Staring at the Sun, and Numb. I can't believe I have never seen most of the alternative versions!

Can you try to explain how you found them? I'm going out to buy it today.....:hyper:

The alternate versions aren't hard to find at all.. just go to track selection, select the song and it will list all the available versions (most often one) and the option of director commentary.

i want to find the flying trabants!

flaming june said:

Numb? Are you sure? :scratch: I saw alternative versions for all of those you mentioned, but not for Numb. :huh:

Yes!!! It is called "Emergency Broadcast" ..... I am watching it again right now! It seems as if there is a woman giving mouth to mouth to Larry? It looks like Larry to me:shrug: anyways, cool video, I like it better than the other version actually!!!
And bonosloveslave and browneyedgirl, like SkeeK said they are easy to find.... it just took me 24 hours to figure out cuz these DVD thingies are new to me and quite complex :huh: and I had no clue that there were all the alternative versions.....
I was up til 2 am last night playing with it:wink: and as I said I:heart: my new DVD!!!

So I was trying to find the flying/swimming Trabbies and imo you can't access those on a standalone DVD player.... if you click on DVD Rom then it sais
"Insert DVD in a PC/Macintosh to access weblinks and screensaver"

I love this DVD. I just saw it for the first time this morning. I did see the alternate videos. I even figured how to see them with the commentary! As for the William Bouroghs clip; is it the one where he is told to "draw out his sword?"

anyway great DVD!!:yes:

Those alternate videos mentioned are not Easter Eggs!! They are clearly there for you to find!! They are marked!

Easter Eggs are those you have to search for, or you just happen to move the arrow to the left where nothing was but then something popped up!

Easter Eggs can be fun but why don't they just add them where we can find them.

For instance, Moulin Rouge has 7 of them but I've only found 4!!!

X-Men's were easy to find!!

Oh well, plus some of the Easter Eggs esp on Boston DVD are hard to bring up on a PS2!!

U2SJ said:

Yes!!! It is called "Emergency Broadcast" ..... I am watching it again right now! It seems as if there is a woman giving mouth to mouth to Larry? It looks like Larry to me:shrug: anyways, cool video, I like it better than the other version actually!!!
And bonosloveslave and browneyedgirl, like SkeeK said they are easy to find.... it just took me 24 hours to figure out cuz these DVD thingies are new to me and quite complex :huh: and I had no clue that there were all the alternative versions.....
I was up til 2 am last night playing with it:wink: and as I said I:heart: my new DVD!!!

I saw it... unfortunately, that's not Larry. I wish! I prefer the other version of the video, this one made me a bit dizzy. :huh:

I'm guessing this is how you get the Trabbie egg...

from zootopia:
"For all of you looking for hidden extras on the best of dvd, here's something I found.
Go to the track selection screen for "One" and, using your remote, press the number 1 three times in a row. This will take you to a screen with a fishtank. Wait a few moments and you will see a very odd looking fish. "

skjuls said:
Those alternate videos mentioned are not Easter Eggs!! They are clearly there for you to find!! They are marked!

Easter Eggs are those you have to search for, or you just happen to move the arrow to the left where nothing was but then something popped up!

Easter Eggs can be fun but why don't they just add them where we can find them.

For instance, Moulin Rouge has 7 of them but I've only found 4!!!

X-Men's were easy to find!!

Oh well, plus some of the Easter Eggs esp on Boston DVD are hard to bring up on a PS2!!

first,i've never heard the term easter egg...secondly, now that i've got an idea of what they are (and know that once i finally get the best of dvd i'll not be able to find anything) WHAT ABOUT THE BOSTON DVD!!??!?!? erm, i mean, the boston dvd has secret stuff hidden that i'm sure i've not seen? now i'm NEVER going to get any studying done...

[
first,i've never heard the term easter egg...secondly, now that i've got an idea of what they are (and know that once i finally get the best of dvd i'll not be able to find anything) WHAT ABOUT THE BOSTON DVD!!??!?!? erm, i mean, the boston dvd has secret stuff hidden that i'm sure i've not seen? now i'm NEVER going to get any studying done... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, now you know what an Easter Egg is! :yes:

As far as I know there are only two on the Boston DVD! They aren't that hard to access but since it's hard for me to get to them on my PS2 I don't bother with them. Although, they are very cool!

I wish DVD maker would just list off the Easter Eggs as Extras. Geez, it's so frustrating looking for them esp when you know they are there!!!

Hi!

There is an easy way to access the easter eggs on the Boston DVD!! I found them by pressing a shuffle button numerous times until I got them both, Elevation and UTEOTW Bonocam action! This worked on my Sony DVD player so it may be possible to do the same if you have a shuffle button on your remote!

There is a harder way to get them but that takes too much trouble!

dougal

dougal55 said:
Hi!

There is an easy way to access the easter eggs on the Boston DVD!! I found them by pressing a shuffle button numerous times until I got them both, Elevation and UTEOTW Bonocam action! This worked on my Sony DVD player so it may be possible to do the same if you have a shuffle button on your remote!

There is a harder way to get them but that takes too much trouble!

dougal

hmmm...no shuffle button...i couldn't figure out how the whole "another perspective" thing worked, so i should probably give up on trying to open easter eggs...:mad:

Anyone figure out how to get the trabant screensaver up on dvd rom yet?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom