B-sides appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chucky28

The Fly
I am listening to "Where did it all go wrong" as I speak. I still cant believe how many good b-sides U2 did over the years. Some should definitly have been on their official albums. Hell, some of their best stuff didnt even appear as b-sides yet ("Mercy", "Smile" etc). What do you all think?

Yes, b-sides rule!

My favorites:
Spanish Eyes
Luminous Times (Hold On To Love)
Walk to the Water
Deep in the Heart
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Holy Joe
Lady With The Spinning Head
Salome
Big Girls Are Best

Spanish Eyes, Luminous Times, Dancing Barefoot, and Bass Trap are in my top twenty U2 songs of all time, and Where Did It All Go Wrong? and Alex Descends Into Hell aren't far behind.

Walk To The Water, Luminous Times (Hold On To Love), and
Spanish Eyes ....... I'd say these songs definitely do-it for me !!
Excellent B-sides, indeed !!:drool:

The best B-sides ever:

Spanish Eyes
Deep in the Heart
Walk to the Water
Summer Rain
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Alex Descends Into Hell
Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
Lady With the Spinning Head
Luminous Times

All beautiful songs that deserved a place on an album.

Spanish eyes, Summer rain, Alex descends into hell...., Lady with the spinning head are sensational.

but...like 2861U2 said....... ALWAYS:drool:

Yeah, ALWAYS is awesome!! I like it even better than "Beautiful day". As for "Where did it it all go wrong", I think it could have found it's way on AB...then again, I dont which song it would have replaced cause AB is :drool: the way it is.

Dont be shy to talk about your love for some of U2's outtakes too(like "Smile", "Levitate", "Mercy", etc.)cause I think a lot of those could be awesome b-sides too!

Treasure
Spanish Eyes
Silver and Gold
Sweetest Thing
Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
Dancing Barefiit
Where Did It All Go Wrong
Slow Dancing
Holy Joe
Your Blue Room
North and South of the River

I LOVE them. (However I don't like any of the B-sides since pop :( )

Spanish Eyes
Deep in the Heart
Lady with the Spinning Head
Salome
Summer Rain
Are You Going to Wait Forever

Hmmm...You know how Bono says (paraphasing here) that your request is our command...what if we brought signs to the show requesting a B side? Do you think our boys would have the balls to play it? Even a little bit, even with Bono screwing up the words?

Any B-side live would be cool!

My choices:

Spanish Eyes, Salome, Luminous Times, Slow Dancing, Lady with the spinning head, Summer Rain.

If Night & Day counts as a b-side then thats among my faves. (but NOT the remix!)

North and South of the River
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Walk to the Water
Sweetest Thing
and, ridiculously enough, the Soul Assassin's remix of "Numb"

"Sweetest Thing" was my favorite U2 song in high school when it came out on the back of... whatever it was on the back of (I could get up off my chair and check, but that would involve... getting up!). And I still love it (the original, not that crap re-recording for the greatest hits package). I also love the cover of "Everlasting Love."

Back
Top Bottom