Axver why do you hate ONE so much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
noononono you got that one wrong! We're the resistance! So you are still a sheep for being mainstreem. We're the emo kids, you're the popular kids. See? We hate one and scream about it like emos cut their wrists for attention. It's all blatantly obvious. :yes:

:ohmy: So, you meant I´m a popular and ordinary sheep ! Is that it GG ??

Oh...noezzzz :crack:

put me in the boat of those who used consider "One" as my favorite U2 songs. i still love it, and i realize its place in U2's career (it supposedly helped them get through some rough times during the Achtung Baby sessions). but i also have gotten quite sick of how much "One" has been used during this decade, whether it be all the charity stuff, or the Mary J Blige thing, but it's hard for me to love the song like i used to.

put me in the boat of those who used consider "One" as my favorite U2 songs. i still love it, and i realize its place in U2's career (it supposedly helped them get through some rough times during the Achtung Baby sessions). but i also have gotten quite sick of how much "One" has been used during this decade, whether it be all the charity stuff, or the Mary J Blige thing, but it's hard for me to love the song like i used to.

this.

I still love the original version, the live versions are hit or miss depending on Bono's vocal delivery imo...

i never really liked the album version of ONE, just seems feeble to me, but i love the live version, especially on the vertigo tour, San Diego especially with the long solo at the end, i also agree on how it is used for just about every cause, cant we just used it like on zootv where it was just played with no need for a long ramble at the start

i never really liked the album version of ONE, just seems feeble to me, but i love the live version, especially on the vertigo tour, San Diego especially with the long solo at the end, i also agree on how it is used for just about every cause, cant we just used it like on zootv where it was just played with no need for a long ramble at the start

:up:

Where's the "Bono_212, why do you hate If You Wear That Velvet Dress so much?" thread. DAMN IT, AXVER. Stop being so loud with your anger :sad:

noononono you got that one wrong! We're the resistance! So you are still a sheep for being mainstreem. We're the emo kids, you're the popular kids. See? We hate one and scream about it like emos cut their wrists for attention. It's all blatantly obvious. :yes:

So, just one more question GG: any punishment for not being part of your God´s flock ?? :sigh: because I´m seriously thinking about to commit suicide in the first barbed wire fence...

:sad:

You know, if you don't like the thread, go read another one.

Or would you like to post about how my opinions are just Photoshopped?

:love:

Woah, I never knew you liked One Ian! :sad: I thought you were one of us!

oh shit, did i say something i shouldn't have in that thread? bah, i'd just had surgery, i'd have confessed my love for anything.

i'm definitely not on any new i hate one and here's why bandwagon. when i first heard the best of 1990-2000, stuck in a moment jumped out at me more than one. and i can't abide stuck in a moment.

one was probably my least favourite song on that disc, and it still is. it improves a bit live, but it's polishing a turd.

Damn, even I've always liked One more than Stuck In A Moment!

It was at you because you stroll into every One thread proclaiming how bad it is that anybody might dare to have a different opinion to such a respected poster as yourself.

Oh for christ sake Axver cmon, seriously. I don't take people on about One and swing the 'respected poster' axe as ammo...I've been unusually light hearted about the One slagging in this particular go round compared to other times. Mind you, we haven't touched on Mary yet, so there's that. ;) Anyways you're cross pollinating from the other thread, and I only said that in response to someone calling me anonymous or unregistered or whatever. :shrug:

Oh for christ sake Axver cmon, seriously. I don't take people on about One and swing the 'respected poster' axe as ammo...I've been unusually light hearted about the One slagging in this particular go round compared to other times. Mind you, we haven't touched on Mary yet, so there's that. ;) Anyways you're cross pollinating from the other thread, and I only said that in response to someone calling me anonymous or unregistered or whatever. :shrug:

Cross pollinating reminds me of someone. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

oh shit, did i say something i shouldn't have in that thread? bah, i'd just had surgery, i'd have confessed my love for anything.

i'm definitely not on any new i hate one and here's why bandwagon. when i first heard the best of 1990-2000, stuck in a moment jumped out at me more than one. and i can't abide stuck in a moment.

one was probably my least favourite song on that disc, and it still is. it improves a bit live, but it's polishing a turd.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4946500&postcount=60

Well, I do like Stuck in a Moment, on occasion. One has just been ruined by being overplayed and way overrated.

I want someone to start a thread called "Digitize, why do you hate CRUMBS so much?".

:sad:

yeah that's a much better idea. but nobody really cares about Crumbs, so it doesn't really matter if you don't like it. there's no real reason to complain since it's not like they keep playing Crumbs live or anything.

I looove One. Not nearly as much as I used to - it used to be my favourite U2 song. But I think it really is an amazing song. Luckily U2 has a lot of songs to choose from so if you don't like One that's okay :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom