Auckland II Setlist And Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They didn't play a couple of songs I would have loved to hear live (LAPOE, New Years Day etc) but I am not complaining. It was a great show. They would have been there all night and half the next day if I wrote the set list!

Lila64 said:
I believe you may be right there coolian!

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2006-11-25%20-%20Auckland%20%28Pictures%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt%29%2F2006-11-25-22-51-26_772.jpg

YEP.. that's Khelia.. she has been on stage a few times this tour..

I am so disappointed U2 came over to Australiasia with a greatest hits tour which they performed with the brilliance and hunger as if it was their first tour.

People get a grip.

I wish they still played Two Hearts beat as One!

dazzlingamy said:

The crowd was ace, not pushy or anything when u2 came on, i was surprised! (and glad)

i agree! i was pretty surprised. i was in the ellipse as well, and maybe its just because i was dancing so crazily, but i had sooo much room!! i had plenty of room to dance, swing my arms around and belt my lungs out. maybe no one wanted to get too close to me... maybe they were scared.. haha. but yeah, it was surprising cos i was relatively close to the front, and you would think more people would be trying to get closer.

PS AWESOME setlist!! Fantastic. Hopefully a torrent will appear.

I am happy U2 didn't play heaps from Atomic, cos yeah its been a while since they have been this way, and they are just making up for it really :)

U2Fanatic4ever said:

YEP.. that's Khelia.. she has been on stage a few times this tour..

damn! shes so lucky!!

bono_man2002 said:
What are you saying...the rest of us don't have a life :wink:

:wave:

:reject: no it's just me :wink:

:wave:
yeah... I know the party is over but I said I'd check back. Wow I really missed out on a fun night it seems... and a great setlist... Bad AND One Tree Hill! :up:

catch ya

kennerado said:

Lovetown was the same and it was the best U2 tour ever, performance wise that is.

debatable.

I got a feeling for the japan shows that some pop material might come into it.

I also hope Love and peace comes back.

coolian2 said:
Just FYI

Elevation / I Got You (snippet)

By Split Enz.

ummmmmm i got you snippit?

the first show was Elevation / four seasons in one day (snippit)

the second show was Elevation / Weather with you (snippit)

unless you were at some secret auckland gig that nobody else knew about............... then there was no i got you snippit.....

quadcaster said:

ummmmmm i got you snippit?

the first show was Elevation / four seasons in one day (snippit)

the second show was Elevation / Weather with you (snippit)

unless you were at some secret auckland gig that nobody else knew about............... then there was no i got you snippit.....

Ah, i suspect you were at the secret gig.

I just listened to I Got You, it was exactly the same as what Bono sang.

BEST. SHOW. EVER.

I will probably never go to a U2 concert again. I am not kidding. It will take something truly exceptional such as a show in my hometown (Wellington) to get me to go again. That mindblowingly incredible performance of One Tree Hill, my favourite song ever, will be the last U2 song I will ever hear live. That is exactly the way I want it.

Wow. That was just so, so amazing. I could hardly have wished for better.

He's alive! (and I believe pictured pre-show on another site :shifty: )

That indeed was a beautiful version of One Tree Hill. You're a very lucky guy!

Axver said:
BEST. SHOW. EVER.

I will probably never go to a U2 concert again. I am not kidding. It will take something truly exceptional such as a show in my hometown (Wellington) to get me to go again. That mindblowingly incredible performance of One Tree Hill, my favourite song ever, will be the last U2 song I will ever hear live. That is exactly the way I want it.

Wow. That was just so, so amazing. I could hardly have wished for better.

Axver... I remember you wishing for them to play OTH during the 2005 setlist parties and I'm glad you not only heard it, but probably experienced one of the best live versions of it played.. like you said... EVER.

Good stuff!

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
He's alive! (and I believe pictured pre-show on another site :shifty: )

That indeed was a beautiful version of One Tree Hill. You're a very lucky guy!

I'm finally back home in Australia with Internet access! I'm still awestruck by the awesomeness of both Auckland shows. Wow, One Tree Hill and the Crowdies/Enz snippets ... :combust:

And yep, I'm the Adam-esque guy on the right, holding the Slow Dancing sign:

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2006-11-25%20-%20Auckland%20%28Pictures%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt%29%2F2006-11-25-19-10-30_DSCF5012.jpg

May I encourage anyone going to the Japanese or Hawaiian shows to try to encourage the band to play Slow Dancing? It's a long shot but I feel it's worth it. Currently, it is the only b-side to have been performed on every tour since its debut, but it is yet to appear on the Vertigo Tour. People, let's make it happen!

U2girl said:

:up:

I thought "I hope someone's got CPR skills ready for Axver when they play One tree hill" when I was reading the setlists.

:lmao:!

Looks like you had a GREAT spot, is that the edge of the ellipse/bomb shelter?

I thought One tree hill - Friday's version and of course the next night's too - sounded real good for not being played since 1990, I guess they took time to rehearse it.

U2girl said:
Looks like you had a GREAT spot, is that the edge of the ellipse/bomb shelter?

I thought One tree hill - Friday's version and of course the next night's too - sounded real good for not being played since 1990, I guess they took time to rehearse it.

Yeah, that's literally right where the left arm meets Edge's b-stage. It's pretty much the only position I hadn't tried so far this tour. That was on the second night. The first night, I was second row in front of Adam - great spot. I was absolutely stunned when they did One Tree Hill sixth; very amazing moment. I remarked after the show that I felt it was as if the last 16-17 years just didn't happen and One Tree Hill had never been dropped; it was on a Lovetown level for me. Not a 26 December 1989 level, but the general Lovetown level for sure. Was 9 January 1990 just yesterday?

Also, I was afraid that I would end up alone at these shows but I met up with some great people, including Interference's own Utoo on night one and miracledrug83 on night two (who's actually also in the Slow Dancing photo). One thing made me a bit disappointed in my own country, though: almost all the wonderful people I met were foreigners, while the locals acted like total wankers. But then I remind myself that Auckland isn't a part of New Zealand anyway as it's north of the Bombay Hills. :wink:

I am so happy for you...that you got your wish...never say never...you look awsome at that rail :up:

BTW: I likey slow dancing too.

Axver said:

I'm finally back home in Australia with Internet access! I'm still awestruck by the awesomeness of both Auckland shows. Wow, One Tree Hill and the Crowdies/Enz snippets ... :combust:

And yep, I'm the Adam-esque guy on the right, holding the Slow Dancing sign:

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2006-11-25%20-%20Auckland%20%28Pictures%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt%29%2F2006-11-25-19-10-30_DSCF5012.jpg

May I encourage anyone going to the Japanese or Hawaiian shows to try to encourage the band to play Slow Dancing? It's a long shot but I feel it's worth it. Currently, it is the only b-side to have been performed on every tour since its debut, but it is yet to appear on the Vertigo Tour. People, let's make it happen!

Just got back from NZ early this morning--what GREAT shows. I think the second show is the best I've seen. It was amazing on every count--and awesome fans at both shows. :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom