Auckland II Setlist And Watch Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why the fuck did they drop love and peace or else ?

That song defines the vertigo tour.

vaz02 said:
Why the fuck did they drop love and peace or else ?

That song defines the vertigo tour.
because people ask for rotation?

and unfortunatly with rotation comes loosing songs you may not want to loose

Good setlist, I dont know about the best of the tour. I can think of three or four off the top of my head that I think were better. But its a decent setlist. Will be interesting to see what happens in Japan with three nights.

The_acrobat said:
Awesome setlist. Makes me realize how much HTDAAB has not stood the test of time in U2's eyes, save a few songs.

I don't think that is a fair assessment. We are talking about a decade since this country last saw a U2 concert. The setlist should reflect something more career spanning than album-centric.

Awesome setlist! :up: Thanks as always to bono_man and coolian for keeping us in the loop!

Hopefully I'll be able to join in the parties for Japan. I've missed being here! :)

Nice work on the setlist this AM... couldn't make it until the end, but what I caught was worth it!

I'm surprised that LAPOE was left out because the 'coexist' headband/speech has been a solid part of the show to date. I'm really interested to see what they do in Japan leading into Hawaii...

Does U2 have any song(s) that they historically associate with their Japan travels?

ramblin rose said:
Ok, so I thought last night was an unbelievable show, but tonight might have been the best show of the tour for me.

Talk about being on. I can't get over it, I don't know what got into them.

:happy:

And thanks again coolian - liked the summation :up:

bono_man2002 said:
THATS ALL FOLKS

2006-11-25: Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland - New Zealand

01.City Of Blinding Lights
02.Vertigo / She Loves You (Snippet)
03.Elevation
04.Until The End Of The World
05.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (Snippet)
06.Beautiful Day / Blackbird (Snippet)
07.Angel Of Harlem
08.Walk On / Never Walk Alone (Snippet)
09.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10.Bad / 40 (Snippet)
11.Sunday Bloody Sunday
12.Bullet The Blue Sky / Johnny Come's Marchin' Home Again (Snippet) / The Hands That Built America (Snippet)
13.Miss Sarajevo
14.Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15.Where The Streets Have No Name
16.One

ENCORE BREAK

17.The Fly / (I Can't Go No) Satisfaction (Snippet)
18.Mysterious Ways
19.With Or Without You
20.The Saints Are Coming
21.Desire
22.One Tree Hill

Last song I saw posted, before I went to bed, was the Fly.

Nice setlist!

:up:

I reckon it is so Ace that Bono wears an All Blacks jumper.

They will need all the help they can get when they do their usual act and "CHOKE" in next years World Cup.

The all blacks will become the All Bleaks again.

With all the Tongans and Fiji and Samoan players in the All Bleak team they should be called the Pacific Islanders rather than the Kiwi team.

CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE

Last edited:
Why is it a shame? I would rather hear U2 sing my favourite songs in full voice than crappy songs like Fast Cars.

I believe you may be right there coolian!

2005%20-%20Vertigo%20Tour%2F2006-11-25%20-%20Auckland%20%28Pictures%20by%20Matthias%20Muehlbradt%29%2F2006-11-25-22-51-26_772.jpg

Bono in Melb said:
Why is it a shame? I would rather hear U2 sing my favourite songs in full voice than crappy songs like Fast Cars.

Not trying to argue and I dont think the NZ setlist was a bad one at all. But as a diehard I would take Fast Cars anyday over Pride or One. It was great live and was a treat because it wasnt done alot. :shrug:

what gets me, why are some people moaning? where you at the show? no, but yet you still decide to bitch that the setlist wasnt best shaped for you or your bootleg collection

truth is the band hasnt even been to NZ in 13 fucking years, YES 13 years, we have all had popmart and elevation through these years, but people still decide to bitch about setlists? even though they brought one tree hill back which is like, the ulitimate song for new zealand,

seriously some people really piss me off moaning about setlists when they dont look at facts

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom