Athens and Istanbul pre-sale/general sale info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
keep on at both of them!
and don't panic. it is only the presale so you have plenty of time get a result before the general sale on monday

:up:

Anyone else having trouble?

I'm in the Breathe group.

I can log in to my account but the page where you buy the tix just freezes...you can't select anything...my browser says error on page

My girlfriend tried on her browser too and has the same problem

I called them in Turkey and they say they have tech problems try again in 10 mins but I've called twice now and tried for the last 2 hours!!!

I think they're trying to fob me off too....

Paid 40 bucks to renew my membership and this is just a nightmare!!!:angry:

I've just tried with a different presale code to see how far I could get through. Which page exactly are you getting errors on? I can get onto the page where you have to select the date etc. At first it looks like there is nothing to click on but if you click on the date, the next button should turn orange, then do the same with what tickets you want and keep going through all the options. I have a 'done but with errors on the page' at the bottom of my browser window but its letting me go all the way through to entering credit card details (which I obviously haven't tried) LOL

Hope you manage to get somewhere

Anyone else having trouble?

I'm in the Breathe group.

I can log in to my account but the page where you buy the tix just freezes...you can't select anything...my browser says error on page

My girlfriend tried on her browser too and has the same problem

I called them in Turkey and they say they have tech problems try again in 10 mins but I've called twice now and tried for the last 2 hours!!!

I think they're trying to fob me off too....

Paid 40 bucks to renew my membership and this is just a nightmare!!!:angry:

Which browser are you using?

Anybody know how it's possibe that I used my new presale code for 4 GA tickets in Edmonton and then today I used it again for 2 tickets to the show in Athens. My order went through and I got an e-mail confirmation that I have the tickets.

Gate 12 A 3/67
Gate 12 A 3/68

Of course it's possible. It's happened with all of the presales (even with Vertigo) There is no way U2.com can keep track of the codes across different ticketing platforms.

I'll bet your code won't work if you try and buy Toronto tickets, but will work for any of the European shows. And then in Europe it will only work once for Ticketmaster countries but will continue to work with all of the individual country ticketing agencies.

Of course it's possible. It's happened with all of the presales (even with Vertigo) There is no way U2.com can keep track of the codes across different ticketing platforms.

I'll bet your code won't work if you try and buy Toronto tickets, but will work for any of the European shows. And then in Europe it will only work once for Ticketmaster countries but will continue to work with all of the individual country ticketing agencies.

Interesting.

At some point U2.com must collate all this info though? How would they know which codes were still live for next years shows?:scratch:

My personal opinion is that they couldn't care less and just hope that most people are honest (or don't realize the clitches) or don't abuse the system too much.

My personal opinion is that they couldn't care less and just hope that most people are honest (or don't realize the clitches) or don't abuse the system too much.

I know that it happened in the Uk last tour/leg that people who abused the system got their tickets cancelled and their accounts/subscriptions cancelled as well.

I know that it happened in the Uk last tour/leg that people who abused the system got their tickets cancelled and their accounts/subscriptions cancelled as well.

That was all within Ticketmaster UK. We're talking among different ticketing agencies.

Hm that's true. I wonder if U2.com can't just check which presale code has been used more than once or not.

I think they can eventually and as long as the ticketing agency reports the information back to u2.com in a relatively timely manner.

It doesn't seem that's been the case.

My original transaction was declined (Lloyds TSB Visa debit card) for Athens.

For anyone who still intends buying for these shows, or Moscow i guess...
You need to contact your bank, inform them of the failed transaction, then you get put through to the fraud dept and they will clear your card for the transaction, I had the same problem booking Zagreb tickets earlier this year.

Alternatively you can pre-warn your bank that a 'potentially dodgy Eastern European website':lol: is about to take your money and they will clear it beforehand.

:up: I totally agree with this post. Call your banks, especially Lloyds who are really strict with stuff like this. A friend of mine had problems with Brussels. Funnily enough I didn't have any problems buying tickets for Toronto on Ticketmaster Canada so I think it like you said they question funny European transactions. :lol: I had problems the day before I went to Toronto. :lol: I must call them before I try get my Athens ticket on general sale which should be fun. :crack:

Well I can honestly say that I don't feel I'm being dishonest or abusing the system. In my opinion I've always felt it was kind of ridiculous to force fan club members to choose between Europe or North American shows anyways. I think it's far from absuing the system by purchasing a single ticket to see them in Athens(a place I've always wanted to go) despite already using my presale code for Edmonton. Show me the U2 fan who given the chance to buy tickets to a show in a country they want to go to, have the means to go there and planned on going there eventually, that would "Just say no" based on the honor system. To be brutally honest I don't feel I'm lacking in integrity or honesty or anything buy buying these tickets. I'm pretty sure your post wasn't ment as a slag towards me but I've always wanted to see them in Europe and now I can even if I had to "bend the system rules". And it's not like I do this all the time. In fact I've never done it before. I simply tried it today outta curiosity and when the order went through I was pretty shocked so..........

Those of you who bought tickets for Athens, what were the delivery options for customers outside Greece? Courier, TicketDirect/TicketFast, box office collection? How much did they charge for courier delivery?
Thanks.

Those of you who bought tickets for Athens, what were the delivery options for customers outside Greece? Courier, TicketDirect/TicketFast, box office collection? How much did they charge for courier delivery?
Thanks.

EUR28 for fedex

I'm planning (hopefully) to do both Istanbul and Athens, but I'm saving my presale code for North America, so I'll be trying for tickets in the general onsale on Monday. For the Turkish ticketing site, it looks like tickets go onsale at 1 minute after midnight ONLINE, but for retail outlets, call centres, etc, don't go onsale until 10 am:

General Sales will start on November 02, Monday.
Internet - Monday 2 November 00:01
Call Center, Retail Outlets, Garanti Bank ATMs - Monday 2 November 10:00

I hope this is true, because otherwise I'm going to have to be buying tickets for two different shows that go onsale at the same time. However, for those without internet access, I have to say I can't imagine there will be much left by 10:00am....

the promotors must be tied into some sort of ticket distribution deal with the retail outlets.
they will put aside a % of tickets not to be sold online and reserved for the in-store sales.

Ok, so you guys weren't kidding about calling your credit card to give them the heads up first. I have never had a credit card purchase (online or otherwise) declined, so I figured I could skip that step when trying to buy a single GA for Turkey, but no go.... Everything is sorted out, though, and $150 CAD + 8 months later, I should have a GA ticket in hand! :hyper: We weren't even given an option for box office collection this time, so I had no choice but to fork out the $75 CAD for courier delivery.... I just hope it's a courier such as FedEx that will let me go to the depot to pick up the package since it's unlikely I'll be home during the daytime when they come to my door expecting a signature and photo ID....

Actually, I just went back to see if I could pull up any more tickets, and could get 8 GA's no problem... So it looks like another relatively slow-selling (in U2 terms) concert

For the Athens show, I'm getting:
Dear customer, our web store is currently serving a maximum amount of people.
Please come back later. Thank you!

For Athens?? I thought it didin't go onsale until 10 AM (even online)???

*Edit after checking Athens website*:
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU***********KKKKKKKKKKK!!

If anyone gets/got through for Athens and can get/has an extra GA ticket for me, I'd love you forever!

Back
Top Bottom