Another review from Belgium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceane

Refugee
This is not the most in-depth review, but I know everyone is dying for anything now, so I thought I might translate it for your reading pleasure... (Please note that is was very badly written in French, hence my poor English version...)

From the newspaper "La Dernière Heure" (Belgium), found on U2achtung.com

"24 years after the release of Boy, U2 comes back with it's new album, fours years after releasing ATLYCLB.

And the Irishmen came back in good shape for this HTDAAB, which opens with the song already playing on the radio--it will be available on Nov.8th--: Vertigo. This single is followed by Miracle Drug, which prepares perfectly for the arrival of SYCMOYO with a powerful sound and where Bono allows himself an acceleration at the end. The tone of the album is set and the Irishmen will not drift away from it, proposing a dense opus with a sound leaving little resting time. LAPOE follows and could also be a big hit.

With those four new songs, Bono and Co. have already seduced and the half-hour left will only comfort the listener in his/her new convictions. HTDAAB and its 50 minutes of songs is a success. COBL and its build-up, AMAAW and its pure (?), CFYT, OSC, OOTS, Yahweh, and Bono's appeasing voice make this album a uniform one.

The 11--or 12, depending which version you choose--songs will be available in three formats: the first is only the CD, the second is the CD with a DVD, and the third one is the CD, the DVD, and a booklet. On the DVD, interviews, making of the album and alternate version of SYCMOYO will be, among others, available."

Thank you.

I have a love-hate relationship with these reviews. I love reading them. I hate not being able to hear the album after reading.

those belgians sure are passionate in their reviews.:wink:

Sounds like another U2 album. Three or four great songs to start off the album with average songs to fill up the rest of the CD with maybe one above average tune sprinkled in somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom