Another NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
As many have stated, LT should have more of a beef with Merriman than the Patriots.

LT has no beef with Merriman :mad:

c_lt4_i.jpg

Merriman's got the good shit :wink:

Let's Focus Here!

Ok, this weekend I'll be rooting for the Saints over the Bears. Over in the AFC, I'll be rooting for the Pats over the Colts. Gotta represent the Northeast, know what I'm sayin' ?

probably because he wont :wink:

but yeah, then he's still a choke artist unless he puts up a magnificent game but the defense fails him. even if he does that, he still will probably be considered a choke artist because of his past.

regardless, i don't expect him to get there. if he does, then we'll see. he probably should be more focused on finally beating the pats than the superbowl anyway, which is why theres little talk of it. its premature.

Got Philk? said:
So what happens if Peyton gets to the superbowl, and then loses. Is he then still a choke artist? Or does it make a difference that he got to the big game?

I've never heard this debated is all.

i was thinkin' about this today... let's say peyton has another shitty game sunday but indianapolis wins anyway. and then another shitty game in the super bowl, but they win again.

he's still sucked throughout the playoffs, but he did win the big one... i don't know if i have an answer.

Peyton Manning would be like George on that episode of Seinfeld when he did the exact opposite of what he normally did and was successful.

Do you guys agree?

Headache in a Suitcase said:

LT has no beef with Merriman :mad:

c_lt4_i.jpg

Merriman's got the good shit :wink:

I thought I smelled some crack when I opened up this thread....I thought it might be stlelevation, but NO, it's the REAL LT!

i was thinkin' about this today... let's say peyton has another shitty game sunday but indianapolis wins anyway. and then another shitty game in the super bowl, but they win again.

he's still sucked throughout the playoffs, but he did win the big one... i don't know if i have an answer.

This is why I picked the Colts to win it all in the playoff pool. The thing Marino couldn't do was play a dirty game and still win. This year we saw how the Colts could will themselves to victory in close games. Almost every year a team makes it to the superbowl that no expected to go very far in the playoffs. Peyton probably won't have an exceptional game against the Pats but against the Saints or Bears he could really shine. These playoffs have really shown how teams win games not single players.

Perhaps the greater question is whether history will discount a Colts super bowl victory if they win without Peyton lighting the defense up.

LT- Living proof that doing lots of cocaine will help you become an MVP in the NFL. That photo in particular is from LT's spectacular 1986 MVP/Super Bowl Champion year.

If/when the Colts lose, can we start calling him 'Pey-Rod'?

CTU2fan said:
If/when the Colts lose, can we start calling him 'Pey-Rod'?

:mad:

Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase on 04-04-06
last night, as i was sitting in my friend's apartment watching the yankees a's game (because the ncaa championship game was so terrible), a-rod stepped to the plate with the bases loaded and a 3-0 lead. i turned to my friend and told him "this is when a-rod will hit a grand slam... when it doesn't matter." and low and behold, the next pitch sails over the left field wall. it was at this moment that i realized something... alex rodriguez is the peyton manning of baseball... and vice versa. all time talent, unbelievable numbers, comicly bad in the clutch. they're almost identical.

stop stealing my theories :wink:

MrPryck2U said:
LT- Living proof that doing lots of cocaine will help you become an MVP in the NFL. That photo in particular is from LT's spectacular 1986 MVP/Super Bowl Champion year.

he shouldnt be in the hall of fame :tsk:

you're just bitter 'cause he probably sacked mark mcgwire's brother. :mad:
Dan...the more talented McGwire.

Thats why Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire needed roids, they were tired of living in Ozzie and Dan's shadows.
The nickname "Bash Brothers" didn't actually refer to how they hit the ball, it was what both wanted to do to their more gifted sibling.

I've got mixed feelings about Pats/Colts. On the one hand, I'll be rooting for the Pats. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Peyton Manning finally make it to the Big Show. This way, if he wins the whole damn thing, all of these assclowns will stop calling him Pey-rod. Why don't you just call Dan Marino A-rod as well? After all, didn't he choke in the clutch too?

MrPryck2U said:
I've got mixed feelings about Pats/Colts. On the one hand, I'll be rooting for the Pats. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind seeing Peyton Manning finally make it to the Big Show. This way, if he wins the whole damn thing, all of these assclowns will stop calling him Pey-rod. Why don't you just call Dan Marino A-rod as well? After all, didn't he choke in the clutch too?

Marino never had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and Edgerrin James on his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom