and now...Zooropa!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooroper

The Fly
Now let me see your comments on the follow up of AB! :)

Me thinks it could have been even greater than AB if it wasn't divided into A-side (1-5) and B-side (6-10).

That way it sounds like a 2 albums in one, and that's the only thing I don't like about it. Otherwise I don't have any big complaints. Classic U2 / Brian Eno Master-piece, starting with the brilliant title track.

Pure High-Tech/Sci-Fi/Drum & Synth Rock! :heart:

I love it - it is a very, very close second to AB as my favourite U2 album. I'm one of the few people, it would seem, who loves the whole thing from start to finish. The First Time is one of my favourite U2 songs of all time.

Pure High-Tech/Sci-Fi/Drum & Synth Rock sums it up perfectly for me too :up:

The best thing is, i've only recently discovered how much I love it, after neglecting to acknowlege it for years.

Last edited:
I have always like it, but it has really grown on me so that it is now #3. Absolutely brilliant.

every track on Zooropa is fantastic -- from Zooropa to Wanderer. I love every tone from that opening mumbling of Zooropa to alarm in the end of Wanderer. But it took me a while to understand this masterpiece :drool:.

beau2ifulday said:
I love it - it is a very, very close second to AB as my favourite U2 album. I'm one of the few people, it would seem, who loves the whole thing from start to finish. The First Time is one of my favourite U2 songs of all time.

Pure High-Tech/Sci-Fi/Drum & Synth Rock sums it up perfectly for me too :up:

:yes:
Exactly!
:bow:

zooroper said:
HMTMKMKM ?!?

what's that?

i don't know if you're joking:wink:, but it's Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (from that awful Batman movie soundtrack)

zooroper said:
HMTMKMKM ?!?

what's that?

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
They wrote/recorded the song during the Zooropa sessions, but did not include it on the album.

And I don't think that song belongs there. It's glam rock sound would put the whole album off balance.

I love Numb and Stay. I really don't like:

Babyface,
SDABTO,
FT,
DGPFYCC.

The rest don't interest me very much..

The songs I don't like are Numb, Daddy's gonna pay... (though the live version was interesting) and Lemon (drags too long, though again, interesting live).

I wish Bono recorded Wanderer and that they would have included Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me - it would fit perfect plus it would help with the shortness of the album. 10 songs, two of which aren't sung by Bono.

Zooropa is brilliant. (And didn't we just have a thread about this album?) I agree that HMTMKMKM should have been included, but even without it, Zooropa is a great album. Lemon is one of the greatest songs ever recorded (although it's even better live.)

To me, Zooropa and Achtung Baby go hand in hand. They belong together. I have to admit I was shocked to see it get voted off in the Survivor poll so early on, given how much love for AB there seems to be here.

Zooropa is the only album from the nineties that I think is truly brilliant. The depth of the musicianship and experimentation is absolutely wonderful - and Stay is simply beautiful.

My third favourite album (equals to HTDAAB) after AB and Pop. I regret so much that they play only Stay from it now. They should bring on new tour Dirty Day which rocked on Sydney video and mayby Lemon without falsetto?

I didn't like the album originally until I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame two years ago and saw Zoo TV in their theater. The first song that hooked me was DGPFYCC. I then listened to the whole thing and immediately loved Zooropa and The Wanderer, its only been the past few months that I've fallen in love with Stay and First Time. I still cannot get into Lemon and Numb however. I love the ideas but not the songs.

I think you really need to be in the mood to listen to Zooropa. I mean I can definitely go upto track 5 i.e. Stay. But after that it depends. Love the intro to Daddy's Gonna Pay but sometimes get bored halfway. Some Days I skip most of the time. :lol: Hope you got what I just said. First Time is beautiful but the other two, again I have to be in the right mood. This is the album that sounds unfinished to me, NOT POP!!!

I find Zooropa very hit-and-miss. Stay, Lemon, First Time and Numb are fantastic; the title track is good. The rest I find pretty unremarkable, although I adore Dirty Day Junk Day remix and the live version on ZooTV in Sydney.

It was the pinnacle of U2's career - putting something like this out while you were in the middle of a world tour...it just shows how much they could pull off back then.

I love the album, but then, I believe ZooTV to be the greatest tour of all time so it's kind of hard to feel that way and not like the album that ZooTV gave birth to!

Some would argue that U2 haven't been as good since Zooropa...even though they've had 3-4 years between all subsequent albums to work on them.

First Time and Dirty Day are dissapointing songs to be honest. Other than those 2 songs it is a fantastic album and an integral part of the U2 collection.

one of their best albums! Their last 'great' before 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' [which, itself isn't the life-saving record many of us were expecting...!]

intedomine said:
First Time and Dirty Day are dissapointing songs to be honest. Other than those 2 songs it is a fantastic album and an integral part of the U2 collection.

The First Time has really grown on me a lot. You have to focus on the lyrics to truly get it. All about the Holy Trinity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom