Anaheim II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The owners of the NHL/NBA teams generally own the arena so they play by different rules.

Axver said:

Yeah. :( And then look at the big gaps coming up soon ... the one from Vancouver to Chicago will really suck!

look at the bright side ... at least we'll have time to get out bootleg collections for the tour up to date and listen to everything in case any of us fall behind !! :p

About the bootleg, I was kind of being sarcastic, which I know I shouldn't do on here because its hard to decipher sarcasm from text...

Harbinger said:
Yeah, but look at how many nights we get - 3 in Van and 4 in 'cago... or is it 5... too tired to check. There should be some mad mixing it up those nights!

I'm off to bed... G'night all. It's been fun.

There's 2 in Vancouver on April 28 and 29, and four in Chicago on May 7, 9, 10, and 12. Chicago should feature setlist fun!

bobbus32 said:
About the bootleg, I was kind of being sarcastic, which I know I shouldn't do on here because its hard to decipher sarcasm from text...

I got the sarcasm. And I'm sure people were responding with sarcasm as well.

how long it would take-Alas, tonight, the tour has started to take on life....Did Bono interact with the crowd much? Did Bono and Edge venture out onto the catwalk more tonight.

OK, I feel like I will be able to sleep better tonight. I seriously think I need to get my head examined.

Axver said:
You know, in five years' time, people will tell stories: "remember that site that gave boots in a second ... wonder where it went ..."

Yeah, it'll be on the "U2 Never Dies Tour - 2010". They'll be saying how iTunes (or whatever) sucks, because you can't get the download until 30 minutes after the show. And those will be mixed in that time too!!!

www.u2boots1secondaftertheshowends.com could become an Urban Legend!!!

I almost comaplined that I have to wait until Oct 29th to see them, and then I realize that all these Australian fans would bite my head off. :)

njelevation06 said:

look at the bright side ... at least we'll have time to get out bootleg collections for the tour up to date and listen to everything in case any of us fall behind !! :p

Heh, that's true! I definitely need time to catch up with all these bootlegs!

Though I'll miss the fun on the nights when we don't have this!

U2DMfan said:
I almost comaplined that I have to wait until Oct 29th to see them, and then I realize that all these Australian fans would bite my head off. :)

We're deadly like that.

Though I must say hooray for the wonders of international travel!

I'm out of here, good setlist and a good night.

thanks to AX for throwin the party and celticboy for the setlist hookup.

LATER

Hope Edgar was at the show:wink:
We've download 2 great bootlegs within 2 days...how Awesome!!!
Hopefully Chrisedge can get a better spot than he did at the first show. I hear he'll be at a few more yet!

Good night all! :wave:

Only too glad to pass on the set - and what a great set it was! Looking forward to the bootleg!

And I'm looking forward to seeing all of you back for the next party on the 5th!

Sign you're an antisocial nerd #1: the only parties you ever throw are to watch setlists on a fan forum.

celticbhoy said:
So what did you all think guys ??

sounded excellent , although would like to have heard bad or follow or tick tock !!

Hey, didn't even see your post in the flurry here! Thanks again for sending the set!

11 O'clock Tick Tock would've been amazing and I really hope they pull it out for us! I'm definitely not unhappy with this set, though - I think it might be the best so far.

Now to listen to the bootleg of the first Anaheim show!

Axver said:
And I'm looking forward to seeing all of you back for the next party on the 5th!

Sign you're an antisocial nerd #1: the only parties you ever throw are to watch setlists on a fan forum. [Thanks for all the cyberfun about these concerts...feels like we really are all in this together with these kinds of gettogethers. /B]

I'm sure alot of you have downloaded Anaheim #1, just wondering about your thoughts...

I was at the show, got in the GA line at about 1PM (#208), and luckily had a rare set that had U2$10S printed where adult or T-FAN usually is...

I later found out that these were limited issue released by the band, so I was allowed to que up in the shorter T-FAN line, and wound up being in like the first 100 to get in. We ended up second row on the rail (our tix didnt beep for the elipse unfortunately)...

I was shocked to see the band members walking the catwalk at the start with the spotlights. I went to both SD shows and of course the opening was totally diff. Love and Peace was such an intense new opener and Bono was like literally 15 ft from us on the catwalk as he belted out "Lay down your treasure..."

It was really overwhelming, maybe the best show I've seen (this was my 9th I think since my 1st show in '87). It would have to be between this one and Vegas in 11/01 (I also had GA but about 4 or 5 rows deep), the Vegas gig had the added emotional element of the 9/11 tribute during Walk On. Incidentally I wonder if that track will show up at some point. Far and away the class of their last album and an amazing song live, it seems a perfect fit as an encore again on this tour...

In any case I subscribed to Interference today after hearing about it before the show from a really friendly burgeoning photographer of the band named Otto. What a great site (thanx Otto and nice job getting in on the press pass you were looking for--we waved to you just before the show started if you remember).

Meanwhile I am now listening to this show on iPod after downloading earlier and I cant believe the quality of this recording. Honestly, being down in the pit its alot harder to hear the clarity of Bono's voice. On this boot he sounds absolutely incredible (prob the best live boot I've ever heard). Just wondering what other people think?

Many thanx to all the fans who took the time to send in all the uploads. This is a concert I never would have forgotten, but now I can relive it time and time again.

Back
Top Bottom