American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From mjsbigblog: Possible spoilers

I’ll update this as new info comes in. And check back later! We may have a rehearsal report from Caffiend…

Carly Smithson - “Without You”
David Archuleta - “When You Believe” - From Idol Forums, a hint from a Mariah Carey interview–the song is one she didn’t write, and never made to #1. She has writing credits on nearly all of her songs. Some are speculating it could be “When You Believe” a duet with Whitney Houston from The Prince of Egypt soundtrack
Jason Castro - “I Don’t Wanna Cry” - From the EW spoilers
A reliable spoiler from the Popwatch blog says:

Archie will sing about supernatural occurrences. Jason will put his own spin on “I Do Wanna Laugh”. More spoilers for you detectives.

Remember, if you figure it out, please don’t spoil it for everyone on the board. Some people like surprises, you know.

AITop7a.jpg

We haven't heard them sing yet but what's everone's predictions knowing what the theme week is?

I think a lot of fans are disgusted that Michael is gone so they will be going bonkers to keep their favourites in. Obvious bottom goers Syesha, Kristy, might be the result of that. Brooke and then Carly would be my guess thereafter.

I think this could be a tough week for Brooke and Jason. Mariah Carey songs should be belted and those two don't have any belting ability.

Kristy Lee may actually do well if she picks the right song. :|

Syesha may sing well, but she'll be plagued with the same old criticism that she has no personality of her own.

I think Archuletta and Carly could shine this week. It all comes down to song choice.

Could someone please explain to my apparently dumb ass why it's OK for Archuleta to be a robot but Syesha loses points for apparently having no personality? Seriously, because I just don't get it.

I think this will be an interesting week for all actually. None of the finalists are really the r&b/pop type that would be comfortable singing Mariah songs, I look forward to a bit of diversity from some of them.

^Precisely. I don't get it either. Archu-D2 moves around the stage like a robot and then has that goofy smile after he sings. Is being bashful part of having stage personality to the judges?

2hplm5y.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe he's still a bit gun-shy after getting his ass kicked by Tiffany Evans on Star Search :)

Can't wait to see what David C and Jason come up with for tonight...and if those spoilers are right and I'm not mistaken Carly's song is a cover, that's kind of lame.

:lol: That nickname has been floating around the net. I think it should be the little lip-licker's official nickname.

On tenterhooks with what David C will sing tonight. Now that Michael is out I will really be looking forward to that as well as what Carly will sing.

From mjsbigblog: Possible spoilers updated!

PERFORMANCE ORDER FROM CAFFIEND!

Elliott Yamin will be on the Results Show!!! :)

David Archuleta - “When You Believe” - Beautiful, gorgeous
Carly Smithson - “Without You” - Blue dress, black stockings, cleavage. Her tats are covered. She was good.
Syesha Mercado - “Vanishing” - Wearing gold lame, very dressed up. Her performance was “Just OK”
Brooke White - “Hero” - She played the piano. She was just OK.
Kristy Lee Cook - “Forever” - Really good. Looked beautiful. Maybe the best girl of the night.
David Cook - “Always Be My Baby” - Pretty good. Song had a great finish. Everyone loved him.
Jason Castro - “I Don’t Wanna Cry” - Was OK. Had trouble with the complicated melody.

Wow I can't believe I'm agreeing with Paula and not with Simon here but... I thought Syesha was actually good! And it was indeed a wise choice of picking something not many knew so she won't be compared. :up:

My Brookie was soooooooo nervous and she still killed it. Gawd she's cute.

My enjoyment of some of the other's performances has been hindered slightly by the fact that I don't know these damn songs. But I've heard the song that Brooke sang. :up:

Brooke sang Hero, Mariah's best song IMO. Yeah she was so nervous! And she played it safe by not pushing during the bridge. :slant: She's cute though!

David Cook........ not really impressed personally. I don't know what the judges saw in him! :huh:

GirlsAloudFan said:
David Cook =:barf:, :sick:, :mad: , and :yuck:

I could not disagree more.

I think David Cook rocked the house big time, was truly original and showed, again, this smart-ass Archuleta kid who is his daddy and smacked him with his guitar.

Plus, he will get most of Michael Johns' votes so I have big hopes for him.

Kristy and Brooke, please go home and save me the ear pain. I will need to vote for Carly so these two are in the bottom.

I am also liking what I hear from Jason :up:

Last edited:
Zootlesque said:

:wink:

What I'm trying to say is he did not sound original to me.

Well, he did a fairly different version of the song that had not been done. Most people basically copied Mariah's version and I do not think they were too creative. With the exceptions of Cook and Castro.

You may not like Cook's style, but it takes much more work to re-do a song in a week than just grabbing the original arrangement and re-singing it.

Zootlesque said:
David Cook sounded like Eddie Vedder

Whoa whoa whoa hold on a second Zootles....sorry but let's not go that far, please. The idea of putting D. Cook and Eddie in the same sentence makes me cringe a little bit.

A more reasonable comparison would be if you said that David Cook sounds like the lead singer of Yuck and the Ewwww Gross Barfing Yucksters. Because he does.

Zootlesque said:

:wink:

What I'm trying to say is he did not sound original to me.

Oh ok cool. I gotcha. Nevermind, then.

By the way, Pearl Jam rules. I think I'm gonna crack open a bottle of Jim Beam and listen to No Code.

Pearl Jam fucking rules, bro! No disagreement there. Listened to Vs. over the weekend after quite some time. Leash freakin OWNS! :rockon:

Jason gets an E for effort, but it just didn't work for me.

Carly can sing, but there's nothing really memorable about her. Ditto for Syesha.

I was a bit worried at first with David Cook and his song choice, but i think he pulled it off pretty good. He can definitely hit those high notes. There's been a lot of comparisons of him to Daughtry, but he has got a WAY better voice!

Brooke was the worst of the night. She will definitely be in the bottom 3.

I'm here to say that apparently I live under a rock because I didn't know any of the songs tonight except for Without You which I know, of course, as a Badfinger song. I guess I don't know any songs by Mariah Carey. I guess I also don't give a shit but it's still kinda weird. :shifty:

Anyway, I liked all the guys. David Cook was great, I don't care what you David Cook haters say. I also kind of finally got why the judges like David A so much. Not my thing at all but he does sing effortlessly, and never hits a sour note.

The women are so boring and unmemorable. Any of them can go. In fact, they should knock off the bottom three all at once just for fun.

Here's something I've been meaning to ask...

Out of all you faithful Idol viewers out there, and especially the ones that post in this thread, do you guys actually bust out the phone at the end of the show and vote for your favorite?

I sure as heck do.

I'm just curious how many of you actually dial up the ol' 1866-IDOLS numbers every week. My parents are huge Idol fans and when I call them to see if they'd watched the show and who they voted for they always say that they forgot to vote! Anyways....

Back
Top Bottom