All U2.Com Discussion HERE "Artificial Horizon" Update pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im confused,how does this work? If i buy a membership just now,will i be guarenteed 2 tickets for the Seville show next year?

Yes, I saw the clarification on this yesterday. So I am happy. :up:

I may have misunderstood the email they just sent me, but I thought you couldn't use it if you only had 1 presale code left.. I like if you bought 2 tickets to one show and then didn't use the rest, you still couldn't use it for 2010..

Please note: if you have a code partially used against 2009 North American shows, this is not valid against 2010 European shows, due to different ticketing platforms

I'm not too happy about having to renew 5 months early if they announce new North American dates...

yea this is BS having to pony up 50 bucks now when membership is yearly.,..... Didn't this tour make enough $$$
I will buy tickets in second market before i send them $50.
Or make it a Pre Sale surcharge club not fan club...:hmm:

I may have misunderstood the email they just sent me, but I thought you couldn't use it if you only had 1 presale code left.. I like if you bought 2 tickets to one show and then didn't use the rest, you still couldn't use it for 2010..

Please note: if you have a code partially used against 2009 North American shows, this is not valid against 2010 European shows, due to different ticketing platforms

I'm not too happy about having to renew 5 months early if they announce new North American dates...

My understanding is that you can't use a partially used codes for the European shows, but you can use it for any future N.A. shows. That's pretty clear from the FAQ also.

For Europe you could never split a code.

I'm not sure I want the remixes enough to pony up the $32 or however much it costs to renew. They've had some really marvelous remixes over the years and some really horrible ones, and with our luck they'll be a bunch of crappy ones. I still get two more tickets from my presale code from this year, and I can just take my chances in general sales if I want to go to more than two shows.

I think it's ridiculous that they're putting tickets on sale for shows that are a year away. A lot can change in a person's life in that much time, and it seems like you either have to risk having tickets you can't use and may have to sell for under face value, or else risk not being able to find tickets when you do find out you can go.

:angry: :mad: :waiting: for reply

I DID NOT use my presale code to purchae ANY tickets to any 360 dates. So I SHOULD STILL HAVE my presale code. And yet, right now, I check my e-mail, get the news, go log into u2.com and . . . . SURPRISE! . . . my presale code has magically disappeared!

And they just got a very magical e-mail from me asking WHERE THE HELL IS MY COMPLETELY UNUSED PRESALE CODE!?!?!?!?

:angry: :mad: :waiting: for reply

Don't you just have the original email that they sent you with your presale code?

Hmmm. Good point.

But it still makes me angry that they took down my presale code, as if trying to manipulate me into renewing early! (My subscription doesn't run out until next April!)

P.S. The exclamation points are not for you Ramblin. I'm not mad at you. :) :hug:

So let me get this straight? Will the presale codes work for lets say, if U2 comes back to america next year? Or will they work just for the europe dates? I want to renew soon and get the disc but i don't want to get new presale codes for the US....

So let me get this straight? Will the presale codes work for lets say, if U2 comes back to america next year? Or will they work just for the europe dates?

My understanding is that if you did not use your 2009 presale code AT ALL, then you can use it for either European or U.S. 2010 tour dates.

BUT if you partially used your 2009 presale code, then you can only use the remaining number of presale tix you have for the 2010 U.S. tour dates only, not European. You'd have to renew to get a presale code for the European dates.

So,

will I get a presale code for next August´s Helsinki show if i subscribe to u2.com today? The presale begins next tuesday and I´m worried that will I get the presale code in time...

Just a quick question ,

How many tickets can you buy with a pre-sale code , 2 , 3 or 4?
Coz I never had subscribed to u2.com , I always got tickets through normal sales.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

So, my subscription was due to expire right about now and I renewed it three weeks ago when U2.com suggested I did so. Got my rare, remastered etc. CD and now they want me to pay for another year in order to get a presale code??????????????????????????????????:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

So, my subscription was due to expire right about now and I renewed it three weeks ago when U2.com suggested I did so. Got my rare, remastered etc. CD and now they want me to pay for another year in order to get a presale code??????????????????????????????????:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
was i mistaken in reading that only used/partially used presales codes need a renewed subscription?

Idiot question, as I'm confused by the whole 'partially used presale' terminology etc.

My U2.com subscription currently runs until January 2010. I used my 2009 presale code to buy 2 tickets for a Croke Park show in July this year. If I would intend to go to any 2010 European shows, do I need to completely resubscribe or do I still have the ability to buy 2 tickets for a 2010 show? In other words, if I could've bought 4 tickets this year but only bought 2, does that help me out or do I have to resubscribe?

Sorry for asking, I'm sure this has already been covered somewhere but not quite in the way I'm asking.

was i mistaken in reading that only used/partially used presales codes need a renewed subscription?

I used my presale code, but that was coming out of my regular 2009 subscription. I re-subscribed 3 weeks ago, just to be a good girl and because my subscription was expiring in September. It doesn't seem fair that now I have to resubscribe adding another 12 months from the end of this current subscription ending in September 2010 and paying for a two year subscription in the same month :doh:

I used my presale code, but that was coming out of my regular 2009 subscription. I re-subscribed 3 weeks ago, just to be a good girl and because my subscription was expiring in September. It doesn't seem fair that now I have to resubscribe adding another 12 months from the end of this current subscription ending in September 2010 and paying for a two year subscription in the same month :doh:
i would think you'd get codes based on your recent subscription. the email was probably sent to every u2.com member regardless of if they'd recently resubscribed or not.

you shouldn't have to. it sounds like basically you get four tickets per annual subscription. since you recently renewed, you should be good to go. i'd just wait for another vaguely worded email to come out before doing anything else. :wink:

might i add how much of an attempted con that email was. they're basically trying to fool people who may not need to buy a new subscription into buying one.

that, or they're incompetent, which you shouldn't mistake with any intention of conning us.

This is not a very sympathetic way of doing business. Bono keeps saying in interviews how many cheap tickets there are for the gigs, but at the same time they pull a stunt like this, that you have to renew your subscription (even if you, as in my case, still have 5 months left of my current subscription) to be able to buy tickets early. That's probably clever business but kind of goes against what they make such a big fuss out of standing for.

I think that until one's subscription runs out surely one should still automatically have a pre-sale code without having to pay extra/re-subscribe.

Oh well, fool as I am I'll probably end up re-subscribing anyway...
That aside, I really do hope to see them one more time next summer, as Berlin was such a blast!

might i add how much of an attempted con that email was. they're basically trying to fool people who may not need to buy a new subscription into buying one.

that, or they're incompetent, which you shouldn't mistake with any intention of conning us.
yeah, i've gotta admit, even i took a look at the emails and wasn't sure at first if i needed to renew or not, despite not having bought any tickets in past presales. i'm still not completely sure. i'll just assume for now i'm all good until my expiration date and if not, i'll suck it up and buy tickets later like i did this time. :|

i just wish they would send out clear, understandable emails. especially since so much of their fanbase doesn't speak english as a first language, it's really hard to decipher wtf they're saying. if they're saying for people who used up all their presale tickets before, you have to renew, then just say that. if we're all meant to renew, again, just say it. stop vaguely referencing it and throwing in a link to renew in the hopes everyone will be scared into renewing when they don't have to.

Here is a copy of the email I got from U2.com:

As a current subscriber to U2.com we're emailing you with some big news.

First up U2 have revealed they'll be bringing the 360° Tour back to Europe in 2010.

And second, we're announcing our 2010 U2.com subscription offer.

As well as again offering you the chance to buy FOUR tickets in the presales for the 2010 shows, all resubscribers will be sent a new limited edition U2 Remix CD - this time a special collection of remixed tracks spanning the band's career.

As the ticket presales for the 2010 European shows begin in the next few days we want our subscribers to have the earliest information and the best opportunity to get tickets.

Current U2.com subscribers who have not used their unique presale access code for 2009 shows, will be able to use this code to purchase tickets in the presales for 2010 shows. (Please note: if you have a code partially used against 2009 North American shows, this is not valid against 2010 European shows, due to different ticketing platforms. Please refer to our FAQ's.

Current U2.com subscribers who used their presale access code to buy tickets for 2009 European shows, and who wish to enter the presales for 2010 shows, can now resubscribe to U2.com at a reduced rate. You will then be sent an additional presale access code entitling you to buy FOUR tickets for 2010 shows. (Your new subscription will extend your current expiration date by an additional 12 months - and also entitle you to the new limited edition Remix CD).

Presale access codes will be emailed to eligible subscribers before the first of the European presales open early next week. Codes - and what priority group you are in - will also be found on the Account Info page when you log-in as a paid subscriber to U2.com.

best wishes
The U2.Com Team

Slightly confused...if I resubscribe now can I use my presale code for north American shows that aren't announced yet, or is this only for European shows?should I wait to resubscribe?

Thanks!

Have a quick question. I was wondering how I can sign up to get the emails from U2.com Have been a member for quite sometime now and I don't get anything from them. Looked on the site, but haven't come across anything...
Gets a bit confusing at times over there.

Thanks...

My understanding is that you can't use a partially used codes for the European shows, but you can use it for any future N.A. shows. That's pretty clear from the FAQ also.

For Europe you could never split a code.

I used my code for the NA dates.. When they announce leg 3 am I to understand that I have to renew to get a new code then?

That's kinda bullshit...

It seemed to make sense to me.

If you recall, we were able to use the presale code for 2 tickets to any European show or 4 tickets to any two U.S. shows (meaning max of two tickets per two shows). U2 correctly predicted that the European shows would sell out, but that in some U.S. markets they would not sell out (or sell out the day of the concert). This is probably why they made it 4 tickets to U.S. shows, but only 2 for Europe.

Therefore:
  • If you used your 2009 code for ANY U.S. shows, then you cannot use that same code for 2010 Europe. Even though you still have shows left on the code, they are only good for the U.S. If you wish to see U2 in Europe in 2010 and use the early purchase fan club feature, you have to resubscribe to get a new code.
  • If you used your 2009 code for 2 tickets to European shows or 4 tickets to U.S. shows, then you've used up the code and you have to resubscribe to get a new code for 2010.
  • If you haven't used your code at all (for Europe or the U.S.), then your code is still good and you do not have to resubscribe at this point.

This early resubscription is only being done as it appears U2 will put the 2010 Europe tickets on sale in the next few days or weeks. Therefore, this is actually a good thing - they are warning fans who think they have a code that it may have been used or is not valid. Therefore, these fans should resubscribe for 2010, get a new code, and be able to buy tickets for the new Europe shows in 2010.

Made sense to me and I found it a courtesy - not a scam or a rip-off. :shrug:

Now, I'm not saying Live Nation and U2.com are perfect (far from - in fact, I'm only getting a partial order shipped of a recent order I placed...) but this one item seemed O.K. to me.

As I do not plan on attending any of these shows, I can hold off on not renewing for a while (as my subscription also expires in January). If you are the same, then you can also hold off resubscribing.

Based on the show dates, though, it does not appear, at least at this time, U2 will hit the U.S. again in 2010 (unless it's a spring/early summer tour).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom