All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I go in at like 6:15pm...Do you think I'll get a good spot in the Red Zone?

I plan on getting Giants Stadium at 5:15 and then drinking a couple beers/eating a subway or somethin then going in....

So if I go in at like 6:15pm...Do you think I'll get a good spot in the Red Zone?

I plan on getting Giants Stadium at 5:15 and then drinking a couple beers/eating a subway or somethin then going in....

I got there right when Snow Patrol was about to come on at 7:00, and had a perfect spot.

I found out today I may not be able to attend the DC show at FedEx Field. I have 2 RedZone tix for this and I wondered if anyone here know whether I can sell these to some one else. If I get to the venue in the afternoon, can I pick my tickets up and give them to someone else or do they slap the wristband on you right at the ticket office?
Does anyone know?

I found out today I may not be able to attend the DC show at FedEx Field. I have 2 RedZone tix for this and I wondered if anyone here know whether I can sell these to some one else. If I get to the venue in the afternoon, can I pick my tickets up and give them to someone else or do they slap the wristband on you right at the ticket office?
Does anyone know?

They give you an envelope with the bands in them. You can pass them off.

Red Zone - East Rutherford - Thursday Night

PLEASE post your experiences from Wednesday night and any suggestions for those of us going Thursday!

Excited for the show, but want to know when to get there for a great spot, which gate to go to, and where to camp out in the red zone.

Also, if anyone took the new train/shuttle from and back to the city, how was it?

FINALLY: The info that was emailed to us said "no professional cameras". Does that mean I can take my Digital SLR with a lens that is NOT removable? It isn't "professional".

Thanks all!

PLEASE post your experiences from Wednesday night and any suggestions for those of us going Thursday!

Excited for the show, but want to know when to get there for a great spot, which gate to go to, and where to camp out in the red zone.

Also, if anyone took the new train/shuttle from and back to the city, how was it?

FINALLY: The info that was emailed to us said "no professional cameras". Does that mean I can take my Digital SLR with a lens that is NOT removable? It isn't "professional".

Thanks all!

Can you forward me the email you got about the camera policy, etc.?

I have RedZone seats for tomorrow's Giants Stadium show as well and I have no idea whats going on.

My email is KRD619@gmail.com

Thanks!
Kyle

Just got back from NJ red zone!!! Amazing! No need to camp out there was no line until the last second..I was red zone 2 on Adams side front row sooo amazing I don't think I can ever sit in a seat again! :hyper:

Red Zone blows

Saw the show tonight. As far as the Red Zone experience, I think it kinda sucked. You are way off to the side, which is a terrible view, and those bridges are constantly moving around and blocking your view.

The guys hardly ever come over there either, so it's not like you are getting lots of sweet close up action.

After 4 songs, moved out to the GA area around 50 yard line, and it was much better.

The Red Zone is a big scam if you ask me, but at least it's going to charity. I would highly suggest saving your money and just going regular GA. You might be further back, but you get a straight on view if you want it which is much better. The sound was better out there too. Regular GA isn't crowded either if you move back a bit. They really don't pack em in like they could...U2 has always been great about that for its GA shows.

I don't want to read all 40 pages of this thread...but am I really the only guy who gave the Red Zone a bad review?

Good question -- I guess I didn't really try! A lot of Red Zoners didn't even seem to know you could sneak into the inner circle.
Answer: Yes. Well here in Scotland anyway. As we are not allowed to smoke in public places here I noticed puffs of cigarette smoke rising from the GA standing area so I took the liberty of wandering round to that area and had my quick nicotine fix. I also wondered into the Golden Circle for one track for a close up of the whole set.

PS: Redzone was awesome and it gave my wife, daughter and I the feeling of a small hall atmosphere as we where so close and it wasn't til they sung the streets I pointed out to my daughter that all 60'000 around us were jumping and dancing away that we finally realised what an awesome event this was.

EDIT: reading back that last part I already knew how awesome the boys were having seen every tour since they backed up the Police in 1980.

I'm considering doing RZ for at least one concert of the next leg in 2010. I know some people who did and they loved it. I'm usually a GA person, but I would like to try it out once for the next leg. I hope there will be Red Zones again next year.

fantastic show !!!!!! i was in GA and noticed that most of the Red Zone people had moved in there during the show . they let u go back and forth. i want to experience the show from there tonite.

Alright here's my RZ Review of Gillette. We were in Red Zone 2 (Adam's side) for Sunday, and in the Circle for Monday (because we were One volunteers).

Night 2.

My hair is standing on end, I'm singing with U2, and my girl is beaming. Looking out from that vantage point is something that I will never forget, and every time Walk On plays in my house or car or in public from now on, it might get a little dusty...

If you liked my story, and you haven't yet, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go sign up for One at ONE | Home.

Thank you!

on my chicago 09/13 digital camera video, i noticed one of the girls tapping up and down with the back of her foot in time to the music during the song and zoomed it (i need to upload it). it must be pretty cool to be up there, even if it's with a mask in front of your face.

i hope your friends took some video of you and your girl

-dan

on my chicago 09/13 digital camera video, i noticed one of the girls tapping up and down with the back of her foot in time to the music during the song and zoomed it (i need to upload it). it must be pretty cool to be up there, even if it's with a mask in front of your face.

-dan

My buddy's blackberry messed up (or he did?) and he got exactly 1 second of video and one pic where you can't see my face. Plus there's not a single video of Walk On from Gillette 2 on YouTube! Oh well - I will have to rely on a vivid memory...and hope that someone gets a good shot of us in Vegas. Woot!

Red Zone thoughts

We stood in Red Zone 2 for the Sep 24th Giants Stadium show.

Here are the high points:

-- The logistics of getting into the Red Zone were civilized and well worth the extra donation.

-- No long lines and no shoving and cramming.

-- The view was fantastic (from the front 1/3 of the zone) and they allow you access to the inner circle as a bonus.

-- If you get there when the gates open you can camp out directly in front of the stage in the inner circle.

Now for some drawbacks:

-- The band barely made use of the outer circle like they did in the previous two arena tours. And they are basically invisible to you if they are on the circle near the opposite zone.

-- There are two bridges that move about between the main stage and the circle. This obstructs the view for those unfortunate enough to be in it's path when it stops. IMO, they should consider getting rid of these since they hardly used them anyway.

My advice is to get to the show early and camp out on the rail in the front 1/3 of the zone. Or better yet just make your way to the inner circle and hang out in there. The Red Zone basically guarantees you a good spot in the inner circle if you arrive when the gates open.

The best places to be to avoid the bridge are between a 45-90 degree head-on angle from the stage. We were on the Adam Clayton side just slightly ahead of a 90 degree angle (relative to head on) and never had an issue with the bridge. The people on the sides with more of a rear view (rear 1/3 of the zone) had the bridge in their way a majority of the time.

Red Zone for Charlottesville:

Despite getting an email weeks ago that Red Zone can be picked up the day before the show, I just called and got an email to confirm that tickets can only be picked up the day of the show.

Despite getting an email weeks ago that Red Zone can be picked up the day before the show, I just called and got an email to confirm that tickets can only be picked up the day of the show.

I'm pretty sure they are printing the tickets and delivering the wrist bands at least the day before cuz they stuff envelopes and have them ready for day of show. I would probably take the chance (if the stadium is somewhat close to you that is) to pick them up the day before. I've seen at least 2 other stadiums where ticket holders picked up their tickets the day before. remember earlier in this thread we saw where Boston concertgoers were told to stand in the GA line even though they identified themselves as Red Zone ticket holders then they found the Red Zone line for themselves; so those employees don't always know what they are talking about, they are just trying to keep their time on the phone to a minimum...it helps their stats.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a great time and even if you don't pick up your tix until day of show you should not have a problem getting a great vantage point. I can't wait for Dallas...RZ1 baby and I've been just stoked for months and now it's almost here!!!! :hyper:

I think for Giants Stadium. If you had RZ you could have cut the entire GA line and gone right into the inner pit....

-dan

I was with Theoiii. I felt like Steve Martin at the beginning of "The Jerk" when he cant stop moving his leg to the music. It was incredible. It was hard to not just drop the mask and take a brisk lap around the stage.

I have video from soundcheck but were still looking for video of Walk On if anyone has it. There is every song from that show on Youtube except Walk On.

DC you cant pick them up until 3pm day of show

Raleigh Red Zone?

No auction for Raleigh??

Seems odd since there were additional auctions everywhere before (and Atlanta after)

I think for Giants Stadium. If you had RZ you could have cut the entire GA line and gone right into the inner pit....

my sister and i have RZ for glendale...i think i'm going to tell her to head for the outer rail.

even if she's not in the front row it's going to be better than being way off to the side

-dan

The side in RZ is great!

The Red Zone has a great view of the stage and you're the closest you can be to the walkway. Just get there a few hours early and you can have center rail like I did. Halfway between the green tape you'll have a nice view of everything on your side of the stage. Just avoid the green tape because that's where the bridges stop and they block your view for a while.
I didn't even consider going out of it once I got in there. I was on Adam's side and he kept coming back to us.:heart:

It was way better than the previous night when I was on the outer rail on Edge's side, a few rows back. People cut in front and we couldn't see anything.
Red Zone ROCKS!

Birdlover

I'm confused

Birdlover,

you had RZ1 one night and RZ2 the second? The way I read your post is it is a cooler atmosphere on Adam's side than on Edge's side. That's a small bummer cuz Dallas has one show and I have Edge's side.

Hey, don't read a LOT into that statement cuz, I am so lucky to have U2 red zone tickets and I am extremely thankful to be in this position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom