All (RED) Zone / VIP Tickets Discussion HERE Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Birdlover,

you had RZ1 one night and RZ2 the second? The way I read your post is it is a cooler atmosphere on Adam's side than on Edge's side. That's a small bummer cuz Dallas has one show and I have Edge's side.

Hey, don't read a LOT into that statement cuz, I am so lucky to have U2 red zone tickets and I am extremely thankful to be in this position.

Depends on the show . . . I had Adam's side for Chicago 1 and Edge's side for Chicago 2. Edge's side turned out to be MUCH better, but that could vary on any given night.

Depends on the show . . . I had Adam's side for Chicago 1 and Edge's side for Chicago 2. Edge's side turned out to be MUCH better, but that could vary on any given night.

Thanks IMMW, I know I'm stressing about nothing. It's going to be an awesome show even if I was way in the back, upstairs. I'm so stoked;we are inside of 2 weeks until showtime :applaud:

We were on Adam's side for Chicago 2 and it was awesome. Truth be told, they were out and about on night 2 whereas they stayed on the main stage for a lot of Chicago 1. So, it just depends how much they venture out on any given night. You will be happy on either side, regardless. :)

Sorry to confuse you

I had GA at Chi1 and ended up outside the inner circle on Edge's side. Originally, I was about 4 people back from the rail but cutters shoved their way in, forcing us back to where we couldn't see anything.
I had Red Zone for Chi2 and it was marvelous! Saw the whole show, saw the screen and Adam was with us most of the night.

Now I'm seeing the new shows in Europe are putting the RedZone as the inner circle. Not sure I like that if it's as packed as in Chicago both nights.:ohmy:

Birdlover

I had GA at Chi1 and ended up outside the inner circle on Edge's side. Originally, I was about 4 people back from the rail but cutters shoved their way in, forcing us back to where we couldn't see anything.
I had Red Zone for Chi2 and it was marvelous! Saw the whole show, saw the screen and Adam was with us most of the night.

Now I'm seeing the new shows in Europe are putting the RedZone as the inner circle. Not sure I like that if it's as packed as in Chicago both nights.:ohmy:

Birdlover

Sorry, but that's not true, the europe gigs next year will place RZ at the same place as all the other gigs, I think there only has been some misunderstanding while interpeting the stadium layouts... ;)

Love in the Red Zone

I was in the Red Zone Thursday night at giants stadium it was out of this world- my favourite concert ever and I have been to quite a few! The sad thing is I fell in Love at first sight :heart:with a really tall guy in a baseball cap and I didn't get to say Hi to him because I left before the end:doh: though he was smiling over all night - does anybody know who he is - he looked like a sports guy with 4 other really tall sporty looking guys :heart:

I was in the Red Zone Thursday night at giants stadium it was out of this world- my favourite concert ever and I have been to quite a few! The sad thing is I fell in Love at first sight :heart:with a really tall guy in a baseball cap and I didn't get to say Hi to him because I left before the end:doh: though he was smiling over all night - does anybody know who he is - he looked like a sports guy with 4 other really tall sporty looking guys :heart:

I think his name is Bob. I'll let him know...

For those who have gone to the shows in the RZ so far, were you able to see what the "exclusive merchandise" was that you could buy at the shows? I'm just curious if there is a RZ specific T-shirt, etc. that the rest of the concert going population has access to.

See you all in Dallas on the 12th!

For those who have gone to the shows in the RZ so far, were you able to see what the "exclusive merchandise" was that you could buy at the shows? I'm just curious if there is a RZ specific T-shirt, etc. that the rest of the concert going population has access to.

I didnt see anything different, maybe shorter lines in some venues

I didnt see anything different, maybe shorter lines in some venues

Ahh...thanks. So I guess when TM says this: "Auction package includes access to the (RED) Zones--high profile general admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runways & access to a special concession & merchandise stand. "

the special concession/merchandise stand is one that is close by within the RZ area, versus being in an area you have to walk far to get to.

For some reason, when I first read that a few months ago, I thought I'd get access to special merchandise too. Oh well.

thanks, i thought you were cute too

bummer you left early

-dan

I think they just mean an "exclusive merchandise stand" in the RZ. I never saw any "exclusive merchandise" in the RZ's for Chicago or Boston.

Was RZ1 last night at Fed EX. Great experience and sound was very good. We were right on the rail parallel to the front of the stage. It was hassle-free and we could walk into the pit freely. Only minor complaint was the setlist compared to Wembley 2 (dropping UC and NLOTH and no UTEOTW). Crowd in DC was also less enthusiatic than Wembley.

Thank you!

Sorry, but that's not true, the europe gigs next year will place RZ at the same place as all the other gigs, I think there only has been some misunderstanding while interpeting the stadium layouts... ;)

Thanks Miltex! I am glad that isn't true. I really liked the arrangement at Chicago and hope to do Red Zone at least once on the next US leg.

Birdlover

Was RZ1 last night at Fed EX. Great experience and sound was very good. We were right on the rail parallel to the front of the stage. It was hassle-free and we could walk into the pit freely. Only minor complaint was the setlist compared to Wembley 2 (dropping UC and NLOTH and no UTEOTW). Crowd in DC was also less enthusiatic than Wembley.

I was in RZ1 too, and spent half the time in the pit. I even walked around to the back of the field, which was cool. The sound was alright - a bit echoey. The will call line for RZ was bad - almost a 30 minute wait because some regular will call people joined the line and there was only one attendant working for rz. I'd do it again, but probably not for more than $150 or so. I took a couple of brief rests on the seats in there too.

Thanks to all who posted their Red Zone reports.

Looking forward to the concert in Raleigh on Saturday. Ticketmaster has sent instructions on which gates at Carter-Finley will be GA and which will be for Red Zone 1 & 2, respectively.

I am looking forward to a somewhat relaxed atmosphere in the Red Zone and will take it easy come Saturday.

Should be a good one!

I was in Red Zone 2 last night in Charlottesville. I had seen the show from (what i thought were) great seats in FedEx on Tuesday, but the RedZone experience BLEW THAT AWAY. I have to say it made for such a fantastic show. It wasn't crowded at all, we were right up on the rail, even after arriving at 7 due to awful traffic coming into the show. All 4 of the guys stopped directly in front of us (like, reach out and touch their shoes close) at different points of the show, and we got incredible pictures. The sound was fantastic, the energy from the band was amazing, and I walked out thinking it was the best $1,000 I ever spent (4 tix). If they do this concept or something similar in the future, I will do it every time.

On a related note, I wouldn't have known about the RedZones if not for the great fans on this and other fan sites that shared their insight and recommendations on how to bid and get the tickets. So a huge "thank you" to all of you that shared info. It really made a huge difference.

I think they just mean an "exclusive merchandise stand" in the RZ. I never saw any "exclusive merchandise" in the RZ's for Chicago or Boston.

There wasn't any exclusive merch. As a matter of fact, the selection of stuff at the Boston RZ stands was much more limited than the stands in the main concourses.

That said, I absolutely LOVED RZ2 at Boston2. Sweet location, ZERO WAITING, and even exclusive restrooms... okay, they were just portajohns surrounded by blue drapes so nobody could see you going in and out.

And here's a tip - as soon as they kick off "Moment of Surrender", exit the RZ and head to the rear of the stage to watch them descend the stairs. Depending on the stadium layout, they may even walk right by you between the stairs and the stadium tunnel.

The sound was fantastic, the energy from the band was amazing, and I walked out thinking it was the best $1,000 I ever spent (4 tix). If they do this concept or something similar in the future, I will do it every time.

$250 each? I only paid $150 for mine. I didn't try for the backstage option though. Charlottesville was nice and uncluttered, even against the rail. In DC, I think they handed out too many vip passes or something - it was packed in the front and middle.

Anyone try a DSLR in the RZ yet?

I'm really interested in trying for Vegas. We'll have a car there to bring the camera back to if I can't, and with RZ, no losing a good spot.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom