All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told people in various online posts that the UC had in fact checked numbers in 2005 once the line tightened up and that when a group of guys didn't get numbers because they didn't believe in the system, security hassled them! Always glad to be proven right. :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Thanks for the additional info on security checking numbers. I guess I was far back enough (250's, 300's) where it wasn't as big of an issue. Me and the @U2 member who sold me her ticket will walk to the box office and try and get hard tickets. If not, think I can reason with both the neighbors in line and the security guards?

Probably? But getting the hard GA should not be a problem. I got them for both Chicago 3 and 4 by presenting my CC and ID.

We weren't all that close but our numbers were called out by the UC security and we were checked going through the door. It happened like this....My husband was 220 and I was 221. As the groups were being let in, one of the UC security yelled for #220 and my husband said that was him. The guard indicated that he was the cutoff, starting the next group of 25 or however many they were letting through at a time. He asked to see our numbers and then said that since we were only a group of two people, we'd be added to the end of the group ahead of us, not starting the next group, so we got shuffled forward towards the door. Then there was 3-4 security guys checking to see who was the end of the group (they knew that 221 - me - was the last one that should be let in) so we showed our numbers. That's when they realized 4 of the 5 guys directly ahead of us had no numbers. We told the guards that these guys (save for the one we didn't care about) had actually been sitting in line all day, we could vouch for that, but we didn't know them and weren't in their group. The guards started arguing with these guys about why they never got numbers (people had mentioned it to them, and they just mouthed off about how they didn't need to be bossed around, yadda yadda), and we showed our numbers again and were allowed to go around them to move forward to the bag check.

For day 2, we were in a party of four with numbers 212-215. I don't think we had to show our numbers going in, but the fan line people did come around and check everyone's name and number on the list before we went in. I think they only checked to 250 or so.

Maybe they were more jumpy last week because it was the first show?

Sweet, thanks for the info again, Miroslava. That will solve everything. I'm not interested in being way up in the line - I like to go hang out where the band comes in, go to Billy Goat for a sandwich, then back in line 30 minutes before doors open.

Liesje, I must have been far back enough nights 1 and 2 to not deal with any number issues. That's what's amazing about the floor layout. If you're one of the first 500 people, I bet you're 2-3 deep from any rail spot.

Exactly. For previous tours we have camped out or lined up before dawn. This time we've been arriving after lunch, more to catch up with people we rarely see than be in line for a specific spot. We drive in from 2 states away so whenever we get there is when we get there and put our name on the list. We were very happy with our spots both times. The second night I was contemplating leaving the close spot we had for the last few songs and checking out the view from farther back, but then they started playing Bad, so I stayed!

I am so beyond this whole GA line up bullshit. So glad I did not deal with it at my three Chicago shows. It's completely unnecessary. At least I know I can still have fun and not be on the rail. I was 2-3 rows back from the e-stage at Chicago 4. I waved at Adam and he smiled back... So you dont need to be on the rail to be acknowledged or have the band see you. In fact, I'm so totally over the whole need to get on the rail bullshit.

I read this whole thread and my eyes are rolling to the back of my head. I'm so glad I can still have fun at a concert and be anywhere on that goddamned floor. For Chicago 2, I was about 5-6 rows back from the main stage and about 2-3 rows back from the catwalk... And I had such a fucking fantastic time. Hell, at Chicago 3, I was against the RZ rail, standing back, enjoying the screens. Still felt close to the band.

I can tell you that I had so much more fun seeing Chicago during the day and then going to the shows at night than sitting in a fucking line all day. Or checking into a line (which, really, if you're in line, you should BE IN LINE). My stress level is greatly reduced now that I am not taking part in all this bullshit. This thread just makes me feel so much more grateful that I stayed out of the GA line for all 5 of my shows.

Fuck the GA line.

And this texting bullshit??? The line has reached a new low.

There's really not a bad seat or place to stand.

Our reasons for going right to the venue were that we are really broke right now and not going to blow money downtown. We go to Chicago probably 5-6 times a year, we have family there and it's sort of like our home city if you will, so we have seen all the touristy stuff, done all of that many times. There are several fans I enjoy spending time with but only see on a tour. Why blow money downtown when we can sit on the grass under a tree and catch up before the show? People criticize the United Center neighborhood but it's never bothered me. I've always found it to be a nice venue. Facilities available, often merchandise for sale outside during the day, plenty of parking. Being "in line" is more like tailgating before a game than it is trying to get *the* spot. We just like to hang out. We met some cool people last week in addition to catching up with friends. I am going back tomorrow because I missed seeing one friend that came in after we left. Thanks to this forum I have a ticket lined up and will get to spend a few hours with my friend. When it's just my husband and I, we tend to show up late, like as the opening band takes the stage (or maybe after if we don't care for them) and hang out at the back. If our friends are coming in from far away, we will make time to hang out the afternoon before a show. We used to camp out once or twice (again, for the fun of it and because it's a hell of a lot cheaper than hotel rooms in downtown Chicago), but no one else cared to this time around so we meetup after lunch.

I didnt think the area around the United Center seemed too bad. But we did not spend a lot of time waiting around after the show... We went straight to the L to get back downtown. LOL.

Edmonton is in the process of building a new arena that should be completed in 2016. I'm starting a line for their appearance here on the third leg of the tour

Happy anniversary!

Attachments

• 1436069897870.jpg
    1436069897870.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 1436069907758.jpg
    1436069907758.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 24
Yes, much too early , especially in this heat. People kept going to the venue to see if a line had started and this morning a woman was tired of waiting to see when it would start so she took matters into her own hands. She slept outside in Chicago so she's willing to do the time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

I do hope they are done with that BS whenever the band hits europe :D

Aaaaaand the GA line has already started for Toronto 1. :|

U2 fans, y u make me hatechoo so much?

While it is still stupid early, it is a definite improvement from previous shows. Chicago 3, which was a Sunday, had the "list" start Thursday (?) By Friday for sure. If she is at least parking her butt in line, I can respect that (but I can still think it is completely stupid).

I have GA's for my family on Tuesday night in Toronto. My boys are 11 and 14 years old. I know they aren't going to want to line up too early. Any advice on when to get in line on Tuesday? I'm thinking we will hang out in the back of the floor and not worry about getting close to the stage. We saw Imagine Dragons last night and the floor space isn't that big. I'm just thrilled we could all go on this tour!

I know they aren't going to want to line up too early. Any advice on when to get in line on Tuesday? I'm thinking we will hang out in the back of the floor and not worry about getting close to the stage.

You answered your own question ;)

Seriously though, no reason to line up. For Chicago 1 we got to the venue after 7pm and were 2nd row e-stage. You could walk in after 8pm if you wanted and have an amazing view from center ice right in front of the seats. No matter what you will have an amazing time!

Boston is doing wristbands anyway! Wish I was going to these!

Security will distribute numbered wristbands beginning at 8AM each show day in the foyer of Stair 4, located past the TD Garden Box Office on the West side of North Station. GA/Floor Ticket Holders will be allowed to line back up at Stair 4 at 5PM. GA Doors will then open at 6PM.

Please be advised that all GA/Floor tickets are paperless for this event. The original ticket purchaser must attend the event with the credit card used to purchase AND a valid government issued photo ID. Both will be checked at turnstiles. Paperless tickets are non-transferable and the entire party must enter the venue at the same time.
- See more at: http://www.tdgarden.com/event-registration/?ee=407#sthash.NwVLMM09.dpuf

Wonder what MSG will be like. Looks like I'll be getting a GA ticket for that show, but won't get into NJ until Friday night. I'll be in NYC the day of the show.

I just got GA for Boston 1 during a ticket drop. I started a list for ticket drop ticket holders and that list starts with me. It trumps all other lists because I am a real fan who kept hitting refresh. So I am first. Have fun staring at the back of my head suckahs! :wave:

I just got GA for Boston 1 during a ticket drop. I started a list for ticket drop ticket holders and that list starts with me. It trumps all other lists because I am a real fan who kept hitting refresh. So I am first. Have fun staring at the back of my head suckahs! :wave:

Oh good! I must be #2. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom