All complaints about the setlist HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wishlist for the rest of the year:

Bring back TUF
Play full band EBW during every show
Play at least one Pop song, Gone, MOFO, or full length Discotheque
Bring back more NLOTH songs

With that logic, U2 should only play hits and crowd pleasers because in any city they play, the crashing majority of the audiences are watching U2 live for the first time and that's what they expect to hear.

Lets not use what are most likely one time for all time gigs in Moscow and Athens to hit U2 over the head with the greatest hits label!

Look at the balance of the set list for 360 and for this leg as well, I have plenty of complaints. But this is in no way a greatest hits show. Period.

You would need a token new song or two and Miss Sarajevo plus ALL of U2:18 in the set on the same night to qualify as a greatest hits show.

Athens and Moscow were more greatest hits oriented than other shows, but still, the list of hits that sat on the bench was pretty long.

I am not a set list super defender, especially when it comes to 360, but I do cringe to think how some here would take it if U2 actually did play a real greatest hits show! jeez.....................................

I am not a set list super defender, especially when it comes to 360, but I do cringe to think how some here would take it if U2 actually did play a real greatest hits show! jeez.....................................

So if they played a setlist consisting of the 25 songs that charted on the billboard top 100, would it be an improvement over 360? For me it would be significantly. It's not that it would be perfect, its just 360 is that poor.

U2's top 25 by billboard 100.
1. wowoy (1)
2. i still haven't found (1)
3. Desire 3
4. MW 9
5. Discotheque 10
6. One 10
7. streets 13
8. Angel 14
9. BD (21)
10. SATS (26
11. Vertigo (31)
12. EBTTRT 32
13. pride 33
14. Wild Horses 35
15. Boots (37)
16. in god's country 44
17. Stuck (52)
18. nyd 53
19. LNOE 57
20. Fly 61
21. Stay (61)
22. Lovetown 68
23. Magnificent (79)
24. All I want Is You 83
25. Sometimes (97)

That setlist loses automatically to 360 for me. That one has Stuck. 360 doesn't. And there's far too many songs in that list I dont' care for.
Desire, Angel of Harlem, SATS, In god's Country, Suck in a moment, When love comes to town and Sometimes You Can't Make without an insanely long song title.
While on 360 the only song I wish they'd drop is In A Little While. Oh and now Pride has taken Glastonbury's spot I want it out as well.
:shrug: To each their own.

So if they played a setlist consisting of the 25 songs that charted on the billboard top 100, would it be an improvement over 360? For me it would be significantly. It's not that it would be perfect, its just 360 is that poor.

U2's top 25 by billboard 100.
1. wowoy (1)
2. i still haven't found (1)
3. Desire 3
4. MW 9
5. Discotheque 10
6. One 10
7. streets 13
8. Angel 14
9. BD (21)
10. SATS (26
11. Vertigo (31)
12. EBTTRT 32
13. pride 33
14. Wild Horses 35
15. Boots (37)
16. in god's country 44
17. Stuck (52)
18. nyd 53
19. LNOE 57
20. Fly 61
21. Stay (61)
22. Lovetown 68
23. Magnificent (79)
24. All I want Is You 83
25. Sometimes (97)

Yes and No, though that doesn't answer your question, lol!

I could more than live with getting Elevation and Walk On out of there for LNOE and In God's Country, but probably couldn't live with Stuck returning.

I was just saying that basically, the anger/bitching is so strong/persistent from some here now that I would hate to see what it would be like should a real greatest hits show take place.

That setlist loses automatically to 360 for me. That one has Stuck. 360 doesn't. And there's far too many songs in that list I dont' care for.
Desire, Angel of Harlem, SATS, In god's Country, Suck in a moment, When love comes to town and Sometimes You Can't Make without an insanely long song title.
While on 360 the only song I wish they'd drop is In A Little While. Oh and now Pride has taken Glastonbury's spot I want it out as well.
:shrug: To each their own.

actually 360 had stuck, angel, and desire all already. :shrug:

true. :lol:

blind hope. :wink:

maybe it'll work the opposite to Vertigo, and in the second half of the tour they'll switch Sarajevo with it.

:up: i would love to see RTSS too! i missed it on the first part of the Vertigo tour, and they'd switched to Miss Sarajevo by the time i got to see them later that summer... MS was beautiful too though, although RTSS would have been heavenly! i've given up all hope now though lol!!

Sounds like y'all need a box of Pitnol. It just went up on store shelves a few minutes ago. Be the first to try it!

58590_422944938217_782778217_4883299_8304544_n.jpg

Oh...don't thank me...thank Max from the Zoo!

:wink:

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

I love how people not going to the show are endlessly complaining about the setlist when it's perfectly clear that the "strategy" U2 are using here is based on the fact that the crowd in Moscow and Athens have never seen a U2concert before. They're not playing for 200 people who call themselves hardcore fans and it's good that way. I won't complain about a concert I haven't been to. If I want to hear U2 play Glastonbury or any other song, I put my IPod on and listen to various bootlegs from other concerts. I got to hear Every Breaking Wave in Vienna and that's all that's important to me. The Athens show was for Athens people and I'm very sure the audience enjoyed it - atmosphere was amazing according to people who were there, all the setlist complaints from people who spent showtime in the internet instead of being there in person are just ridiculous. And guess what, we'll have another standard setlist in Istanbul tonight. Does it bother me? Not at all. I'm glad U2 is playing there, having a good time and I'm sure the audience will love the show. Some people need a reality check.

Btw, the PITNOL stuff is hilarious and very well done :up:

If I want to hear U2 play Glastonbury or any other song, I put my IPod on and listen to various bootlegs from other concerts.

actually, this isn't a bad idea.

we can get u2 to record their whole back catalogue live and release it to itunes. so many problems solved. everyone can make their own setlists. save money on tickets. bono's back will be fine. no presale difficulties. brilliant!!

I love how people not going to the show are endlessly complaining about the setlist when it's perfectly clear that the "strategy" U2 are using here is based on the fact that the crowd in Moscow and Athens have never seen a U2concert before. They're not playing for 200 people who call themselves hardcore fans and it's good that way. I won't complain about a concert I haven't been to. If I want to hear U2 play Glastonbury or any other song, I put my IPod on and listen to various bootlegs from other concerts. I got to hear Every Breaking Wave in Vienna and that's all that's important to me. The Athens show was for Athens people and I'm very sure the audience enjoyed it - atmosphere was amazing according to people who were there, all the setlist complaints from people who spent showtime in the internet instead of being there in person are just ridiculous. And guess what, we'll have another standard setlist in Istanbul tonight. Does it bother me? Not at all. I'm glad U2 is playing there, having a good time and I'm sure the audience will love the show. Some people need a reality check.

Btw, the PITNOL stuff is hilarious and very well done :up:

I think it is entirely legitimate to discuss all aspects of U2's live shows, regardless of whether or not one attended them. You don't need to go to every show to come to a view about the general pattern of setlists just as you don't need to sit in on recording sessions to come to a view about U2s current projects. Fortunately, neither you nor anyone else are going to censor people into silence about this.

No, if they play it, people will then complain about it only making one or two appearances in upcoming shows, if at all.

If they don't play it, people will complain about it being rehearsed and not played.

If they play it at every show here on out, people will complain that it's either an awful song, or that "I can't believe they dropped x song for this one."

They will never ever ever ever ever EVER be able to please everyone.

People are going to complain no matter what they do, so keep on keepin' on, y'all. :)

If they play it at every show here on out, people will complain that it's either an awful song, or that "I can't believe they dropped x song for this one."

Or they complain that there is no setlist variety (with of course the result that when it is not played for a show people will complain of Mercy not being played).
:)

Mercy ruins the artistic integrity of the show's theme.

There are too many new songs being played on this leg.

Mercy sucks.

These are just a few examples of what you'll hear :wink:

If Vertigo tour setlists didn't make interference happy, nothing will.

THAT is a good point.

Like I have said ad nauseum, my only MAJOR complaint with the current state of the setlist is Stingray into Beautiful Day. Otherwise its not awful, but not their best ever either and the staging makes up for at least the mediocrity of the rest of the setlist. But the opening sequence starts the show with a thud and there is no reason it has to be that way.

Mercy sounds great in rehearsal even despite the shitty recording. I also like that they do not appear to be doing the "Half ass" version of MOTD tonight with just Bono and Edge acoustic. :up:

There are some encouraging signs, not a lot, but some.

No, if they play it, people will then complain about it only making one or two appearances in upcoming shows, if at all.

If they don't play it, people will complain about it being rehearsed and not played.

They will never ever ever ever ever EVER be able to please everyone.

People are going to complain no matter what they do, so keep on keepin' on, y'all. :)
Or people complain that they've ruined the song with the changes they've made to it.

Back
Top Bottom