Ali Thread #10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
15.jpg

:love: She looks great.

Bonnie Wright to Judge Sustainable T-Shirt Design Contest
Wright

September 30, 2009, 04:07 PM

Bonnie Wright to Judge Sustainable T-Shirt Design Contest - The Leaky Cauldron

Actress Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) will be on the judging panel for an upcoming competition to create an sustainability themed T-Shirt for the Edun fashion brand. Starting October 1st, design entries will be accepted by Made-By, a not-for-profit labeling organization for fashion brands, where the general public will be able to vote for their favorite design when the submission period ends. Then, Miss Wright, along with Georgia Groome, Summer Rayne Oakes (the US eco-model), Claudia Straatmans (Editor-in-Chief of Cosmopolitan, Netherlands) and Ali Hewson (wife of Bono and founder of Edun), will pick the winner out of the top ten designs. This contest will look towards the new wave of eco-conscience, sustainable designs from new and young designers. In a press release sent directly to TLC, Miss Wright is quoted as saying:

"It is vital that my generation understand the importance of ethical fashion, so anything we can do to raise awareness of this cause is extremely worthwhile. I am looking forward to seeing the variety of designs. The sustainable theme certainly offers scope for some creativity."

The Edun Fashion Brand aims "to create beautiful clothing, while fostering sustainable employment in developing areas of the world, in particular, sub-Saharan Africa." For complete information on this competition, and to enter your design, those interested can click right here: MADE-BY Contest

So I finally got in contact with someone about Ali's website and they are going to take ownership of it and offered me free Edun stuff!! :hyper:

That's terrific news, Liesje. I know you've been trying to do the right thing by the website:up:.

Thanks. It's down now b/c my billing cycle ended today and I transferred it yesterday, but hopefully they have something up and running soon.

I ordered 4 t-shirts and a pair of jeans from EDUN yesterday (for $4, wheee!). Hopefully the jeans fit, they didn't have my size but I'm hoping they run tight b/c I got a size up. I'm going to give a few of the shirts to my sister, she's all into fashion.

They sent me the wrong size when I bought jeans from them. Luckily, they were a size too big and I just wear a belt with them

They fit OK? I'm hoping it will work. I don't like my jeans super tight anyway. I'm usually a 27 or 28 depending on style but they only had a 29 so we'll see. I wasn't sure on size for the shirts either, but my sister a little skinnier than me so if any are too small I'll give them to her. I also got a men's one b/c I liked the design and if it's too big it should fit my brother (about the same size as me but obviously boys like their shirts looser).

I ordered a 27 and they sent me a 29 and they fit great on me. I didn't want to go through the whole return and repurchase process

New Ali pic from Gav's bday bash at Carnegie Hall. If the owner of this pic is a member of this forum and doesn't want her pic posted here, please let me know and I'll remove it. I thought I would post it as it is a very cool pic. :)

3984670057_ce349b32b9_b.jpg

Ali Pic

That's my pic with Ali - its fine that you posted it! She was very kind and gracious. I was thrilled to get the picture with her. I imagine its harder than getting a photo with Bono, but then again I don't have one of those!

That's my pic with Ali - its fine that you posted it! She was very kind and gracious. I was thrilled to get the picture with her. I imagine its harder than getting a photo with Bono, but then again I don't have one of those!

Hi Jen! Thanks for letting me post your pic with Ali. You both look great! :D

Ali Pic

Thanks! It was a hilight of the evening to take a picture with her, Eve and Jordan were there too, but I wouldn't dare attempt to talk to his children out of respect for them and their ages.

Bono, Edge and Ali in one night - it was awesome. The new goal is - a picture of me and Bono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom