Album cover - Fanning - SoE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That tattoo symbol shows up in the digital artwork. I bet this is the cover. Oh no...

Yeah I had mentioned that Larry's tattoo was on the cover image the first day it was released. :hmm:

That photo would be Larry and Elvis I presume.

68566-u2-songs-of-innocence.jpg

Looks like someone just took the promo shots we have + the iTunes artwork and cobbled it together into the "album artwork."

I can't imagine this isn't the real cover, after Bono's remarks, and the fact that this is one of the most powerful album covers I've ever seen. It plays perfectly with the title and themes of the album.

It is really powerful. And you are right, given the themes, it does make quite an impact. Man holding onto Boy.

It instantly recalls the lyrics of Sleep Like a Baby Tonight.

As I posted in the other thread, when we see this we all instantly think of something sexual. Then we learn/figure out that it's a father lovingly holding onto his son, and we're left to ponder our own loss of innocence. Brilliant!

It's a striking photo and works perfect for the theme.

But that being said, if I was a teenager my folks would freak if I asked for an album with that cover.

But we really don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

But that being said, if I was a teenager my folks would freak if I asked for an album with that cover.

Umm, the teens of the world want to know what the hell you are talking about. Music... from a shop?!?

i think the photo is beautiful, but i just showed my teenage daughter and her eyes popped out of her head and she said "ugh weird" when i said it was father/son

i think it's a nice ideal, but just too open to misinterpretation, and is very reminiscent of robert mapplethorpe too

actually, i'm a bit surprised Larry would put this image out there considering he's been notoriously guarded and protective about his family... could open his kid up to a whole lot of ridicule from the nasties... as a mum, i wouldn't do it for that very reason, even though i get the concept etc...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom