Album 13 Talk: Insert cori .gif Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually quite an entertaining read.

I agree :up:
that was damn funny :applaud:

The author made a lot of valid points. Actually im sitting here myself wondering what im doing here. Maybe i should go score some crack instead or take my guns to church.

You haven't been properly blessed until you've shot a few rounds in the house of God. Kind of the natural progression for a boy who used to shoot up in the church pews after midnight on sundays, or get BJ's under the pulpit, etc.

Can't believe they ever made me pastor.

for as much as I dislike Coldplay's new album, they have 3 songs in the top 30 right now. U2 would probably kill for that.

I'm getting the same vibe. However, I wouldn't be surprised if their next tour will be their last. That is, until the 50th anniversary reunion tour in 2030.

:wink:

They have two more albums to do in order to fulfill the contract they signed in 1993.

Since Larry is in Malibu were assuming the album is done......:|

I was one to get excited about this stuff about 8 months ago but since the Invisible hype and push backs I'm not getting too excited.

Until the band says we have a new album coming out I'm not getting excited. Sorry

There are 2 main reasons why Larry would be in Malabu:

1. Album/Recording is finished and he is taking a break before they start promoting the new album & touring etc.

Or

2. Album is still not finished and need to refresh. They are still waiting for god to enter the room then they will go back to the studio.

I see in the animated short for the One Campaign on the atu2 home page that Bono at least is still using Oliver Jeffers for his animation and art/graphics. Could Oliver Jeffers be a dark horse for the new U2 album cover artwork?! (whenever that might be!!)

Also, in this video Bono references the year 2030 and that earth could be free of anybody living in extreme poverty by 2030. What was the name of that song on one of the rumoured new album tracklists (Manhattan?) from a few months ago? Earth 2030!? Spooky!

Also, in this video Bono references the year 2030 and that earth could be free of anybody living in extreme poverty by 2030. What was the name of that song on one of the rumoured new album tracklists (Manhattan?) from a few months ago? Earth 2030!? Spooky!

You know, it's quite easy .. most likely the creator of the fake tracklist knew about Bono's Earth 2030 ambition and just put that as a track name ...

All those "spooky" .."mysterious" .. whatever cues about the new album can easily be dismantled when using the huge potential of our brain

The MANhattan fiasco was just under a year ago.
And to think a lot of us were awaiting an album announcement at that point... Seems silly now.

Tongue firmly in cheek there mee laddy! Been around long enough to know these things, just thought it a humorous reference.

aMansAman, I see we both joined in March 2004, happy belated anniversary!

Much more interested in the Oliver Jeffers link to be honest, and would love him to do some colourful arty album cover, would be cool, unique and different for U2. Met him a few months ago at a book signing (got him to sign my Ordinary Love 10"!) and he said he loved worked with U2, and obviously there is still contact there. You never know!

Much more interested in the Oliver Jeffers link to be honest, and would love him to do some colourful arty album cover, would be cool, unique and different for U2. Met him a few months ago at a book signing (got him to sign my Ordinary Love 10"!) and he said he loved worked with U2, and obviously there is still contact there. You never know!

I like Jeffers a lot. Up until now I've only seen his work in children's books, so in my mind his style and script are firmly linked to my kids. Maybe they can do a U2 for Kids record :D

Bono or Adam definitely look older than Edge and Larry.

I Remember last June or July, when they had that listening party in NYC, te Manhattan track listing was thrown around, and an official announcement seemed right around the corner? Those were good times; innocent times. If you told me then that in a years time we'd still have no idea what's going on, I'd have not believed you!

I'll bet you 10 cents that they use Steve Averill.

They started with Alexander McQueen, but felt it didn't translate well acoustically. Currently being reworked by Anton corbjin and an intern at Fotomat.

Bono or Adam definitely look older than Edge and Larry.

I Remember last June or July, when they had that listening party in NYC, te Manhattan track listing was thrown around, and an official announcement seemed right around the corner? Those were good times; innocent times. If you told me then that in a years time we'd still have no idea what's going on, I'd have not believed you!

Holy Crap!!! That listening party in NYC? I totally forgot about that..... I wonder what they listened to? It seems like 5 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom