Album 13: Are We Gonna Wait Forever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some guy over at u2start.com heard from a guy who knows Dallas Schoo that talked to him in LA this past weekend. Said that the album is coming out in August, with a bonus disc being available, and that they are planning 7 dates at the newly restored L.A. Forum (no date given). He also said U2 are doing something at the old LA Sports Arena in April, but that seems unusual. Just passing along yet another rumor. August seems pretty likely for the album release, honestly, given recent comments.

Didn't Dallas just say a couple of weeks ago (at the Fallon rehearsal, I think) that it was coming out in April? (which yes, acrobat acknowledges here)

Either Dallas has an evil twin, or one of these "sources" is bullshitting.

Yes, he did say that. The connection was a little shorter then, too. The person reporting was actually the one speaking to Dallas, I think.

Hm, Dallas and evil Dallas twin sounds like a great movie plot. :hmm:

No way is it coming out in April. Not unless it's the "surprise release" that everyone has given up on.
I'll wager we'll get the announcement in April though.

Didn't Dallas just say a couple of weeks ago (at the Fallon rehearsal, I think) that it was coming out in April? (which yes, acrobat acknowledges here)

Yes, he did say that. The connection was a little shorter then, too. The person reporting was actually the one speaking to Dallas, I think.

First album in April. Second album in August.

:wink:

Evil Dallas advised the band to:

-Include Stand Up Comedy on the last album.
-Use Boots as that album's lead single.
-Not play Drowning Man.
-Play In A Little While ad nauseum.
-Drop the Mysterious Ways solo.
-Rehearse Mysterious Ways acoustically
-Not release an album in late 2009, 2010, 2012, or 2013.
-Drop Ultraviolet and replace it with HMTMwhatever.
-Become fascists.
-Make Ordinary Love sound like Coldplay covering Coldplay covering U2 covering Coldplay covering Rush covering Radiohead covering Coldplay.
-Drop the extra verse from Moment of Surrender.
-Bring Lillywhite in for extra production on NLOTH.
-Bring will.i.am in for extra production on NLOTH.
-Not play at the Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein.
-Drop Discothèque after two shows on the Vertigo Tour.
-Release OS1 under the name "Passengers" instead of as a U2 album.

:love:

Bare U2? Stripping? :shifty: Oh the temptation. So many possible jokes/responses.

Someone email this to the band. Stat. They want relevance? They just got it. :applaud:

So is Forbes posting a ton or articles about U2 lately simply them kissing up to one of their primary investors (Bono) before a potential sale? What gives?

Copy & Pasted from the "Peeling off the dollar bills" thread:

Some guy over at u2start.com heard from a guy who knows Dallas Schoo that talked to him in LA this past weekend. Said that the album is coming out in August, with a bonus disc being available, and that they are planning 7 dates at the newly restored L.A. Forum (no date given). He also said U2 are doing something at the old LA Sports Arena in April, but that seems unusual. Just passing along yet another rumor. August seems pretty likely for the album release, honestly, given recent comments.

If that's true, I will be camped out at the Sports Arena.

Is that the same Dallas who is said to have said that the album would come out in June?

The next guy who claims to know someone who knows someone who has talked to Dallas somewhere is going to claim that Dallas said the album will be a triple album with one disc containing Bono's Oscar speech in different versions (the one he never got to hold) and come out on Easter Sunday, because of the eggs, you know.

Is that the same Dallas who is said to have said that the album would come out in June?

The next guy who claims to know someone who knows someone who has talked to Dallas somewhere is going to claim that Dallas said the album will be a triple album with one disc containing Bono's Oscar speech in different versions (the one he never got to hold) and come out on Easter Sunday, because of the eggs, you know.

Dallas is said to have claimed April at the Fallon shoot

Maybe the source got it wrong? Album in April - tour starting August?

i know a guy who knows a guy who knows Dallas friend's grandma and she would have said that Chris Martin told his mother that someone told a friend of Adam that the album sucked but was coming out on the 8th full moon of the current year....

So thats it for a while then, its been chaos lately hasnt it and now i feel theres nothing to read about. We havent even had the album or tour yet.

Weve gone from
Ordinary love released

Ordinary love vinyl release

The leak of the hanger clips and some woman online bragging about spanking Bono's arse

The superbowl advert announcement

Invisisble(which i still love)

Superbowl advert

Recieving my north side story book

The golden globe win

The jimmy fallon performance

The oscars

Not to mention all the rumours inbetween

Now we have nothing until the album drops which i hope is soon as im really in the u2 mood at the moment

timthumb.php
Who the fuck is Dallas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using U2 Interference mobile app

I never thought I'd say this but I'm not going to believe any news unless it comes from U2.com.

Sent from my Note 3 using my S-pen.

People, it's very likely they won't release an album until the fall. Fourth quarter album sales are always much bigger than at any other time.

People, it's very likely they won't release an album until the fall. Fourth quarter album sales are always much bigger than at any other time.

That doesn't seem to bother other bands. Otherwise why would Coldplay release in May?
Bono and Edge have both recently said June/summer and hinted touring before year's end.
Yes of course that can change but until I hear it from the horse's mouth...

Back
Top Bottom