African Well Fund's 9th Annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AWF Auctioning U2 360 Tickets for Build a Well for Bono's Birthday

The African Well Fund is currently auctioning five general admission tickets for four stops on the upcoming North American leg of U2's 360 Tour to benefit the Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser. Up for bid are two individual GA tickets for the July 2 show in Nashville, one individual GA ticket for the July 14 show in Philadelphia, one individual GA ticket for the July 20 show in Rutherford, New Jersey, and one individual GA ticket for the July 26 show in Pittsburgh.

Bids for these tickets start at $50. The auction runs through Saturday, April 30. To place a bid in any of the ticket auctions, click here.

All proceeds from the ticket auctions will benefit the 9th Annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser, which is raising funds for clean water and sanitation projects that will be implemented by AWF partner Africare at four girls' schools in Benin that are supported by Angelique Kidjo's Batonga Foundation.

To learn more about Build a Well for Bono's Birthday, or to make a donation, click here.

We've already gotten a few bids on the Philadelphia and East Rutherford tickets. Thank you so much to all the bidders!! If you're looking for GA tickets for those two shows, or Nashville or Pittsburgh, you can place your bids here. The auction ends Saturday.

U2 Live Photo Auction Gallery Now Up

A gallery featuring the 36 U2 concert photographs that will be featured in next week's U2 Live Photo Auction is now available on the African Well Fund website. A flash version of the gallery can be accessed here. An HTML version of the gallery can be accessed here.

AWF's fourth U2 Live Photo Auction will run May 1–10 and benefits the 9th Annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday fundraiser. The previous three photo auctions raised over $20,000.

The 9th Annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday campaign benefits a water and sanitation project that will be implemented by AWF partner Africare at girls' schools in Benin supported by Angelique Kidjo's Batonga Foundation. For more information on the fundraiser, or to make a donation, click here.

Edge and Adam girls, this lovely pic currently has no bids. Give it a good home and help AWF fund a clean water and sanitation project at girls' schools in Benin by placing a bid here.

5230444134_a5679da60d_o.jpg

How great would that look on your wall?

That fantastic Edge and Adam picture now has a bid. Thank you so much!! There's still one item in the auction that's bidless, and it's this joyous picture of Bono with members of the NYFD, taken during the Elevation Tour in 2001.

New_York_NY_October_27_2001.jpg

You can bid on this beautiful picture here.

That fantastic Edge and Adam picture now has a bid. Thank you so much!! There's still one item in the auction that's bidless, and it's this joyous picture of Bono with members of the NYFD, taken during the Elevation Tour in 2001.

New_York_NY_October_27_2001.jpg

You can bid on this beautiful picture here.

Wow,cool picture!!!!:up:Of course I will bid on this pic :love:

Thanks to everyone who's placed a bid in the auction so far. Bidding closes Wednesday, so if you haven't placed a bid on your favorite picture(s), check out the auction here.

AWF has extended the donation deadline through May 31 so you still have time to donate to a project that will benefit students at four girls' schools in Benin and sign Bono's birthday card. Learn more here.

There's just one day left to place your bids in the U2 Live Photo Auction to benefit 9th Annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday.

African Well Fund is accepting donations to fund clean water and sanitation projects at girls' schools in Benin in honor of Bono's birthday through May 31. Click here to make a donation or add your name to the birthday card that will be sent to Bono in care of Principle Management.

Thanks to all of you who have placed bids, made donations, bought shirts and spread the word!! You are helping to make a difference in the lives of at least 3,000 school girls in Benin.

I won two of them. The one I wanted the most got away from me :madwife:, but its all for a terrific cause.

Shout out to The African Well Fund!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone who placed winning bids in the auction!! Thank you so much for supporting the African Well Fund and Build a Well for Bono's Birthday!! To all the winners, don't forget to add your names to the birthday card here.

If you haven't had a chance to make a donation yet, there's still time. AWF will be accepting donations and birthday greetings through May 31. You can get more information here.

Congrats to everyone who placed winning bids in the auction!! Thank you so much for supporting the African Well Fund and Build a Well for Bono's Birthday!! To all the winners, don't forget to add your names to the birthday card here.

If you haven't had a chance to make a donation yet, there's still time. AWF will be accepting donations and birthday greetings through May 31. You can get more information here.

Thanks to Dev for all that she does with AWF. You are amazing.

AWF Wants to Know: Why Do You Give?

This is a busy time for the African Well Fund. Our 9th Annual Build a Well for Bono's Birthday campaign is currently underway and we're nearing the $1 million mark for total donations raised. In the midst of all this activity, we would like to take a moment to stop and reflect on how we got to this point. We know it's all because of the amazing and generous support of our donors and volunteers, and we want to hear your stories.

Have you donated to Build a Well for Bono's Birthday campaigns? Bought AWF T-shirts? Bid in the photo and Got Water? auctions? Volunteered your time? With so many worthy causes vying for your dollars, what compels you to give to AWF?

If you're interested in telling your story, drop us a note at info@africanwellfund.org and we'll send you a short questionnaire to help you get started. In the coming weeks and months we'll be featuring donor and volunteer stories on our website and Facebook page. If your story is featured, we'll send you an AWF water bottle.

Because of your support over the last nine years, AWF has been able to fund 273 projects in 14 nations, benefiting more than 316,000 people.

Whoo Hoo!
I won the black and white Larry photo auction!
(and LOVE it!!!)

Glad to be a part :sexywink:

:madwife: I knew I should have waited another 30 seconds before my last bid but I had sixteen 3 yr olds needing me. Oye!

But it's ALL GOOD as I won the black and white of Edge and it's really beautiful. I love Black and white photos!

Back
Top Bottom