A Tattoo thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Hey all, I have been out of the PLEBA/Interference loop for quite some time! It's so good to revisit all these old threads and see all you ladies (and gents) again.

Thought I would contribute my latest, and the one I'm most proud of, U2-inspired tattoo.

m_36f23d279e0bbb378e41c7fe735503ad.jpg

It says "A harbor in the tempest", if you can't read it.

Keocmb, that's amazing!

Here's my newest, still healing, but looking good so far, the picture's a little blurry too...:

P3280241.jpg

Last edited:
side note: I told my mom about my tattoo on the phone last night. I'm going out to visit next month at a beachhouse so didn't think I could really hide it. She was so disappointed. I knew she would be and I even considered just never wearing a swim suit around her but I didn't want to lie (I'm 35, folks!). But it still made me sad that she was so disappointed. We never quite grow out of that, do we?

I got my first tattoo about 3 years ago at the ripe old age of 52. My daughter and I went together. Mine is a Celtic crescent moon with three Celtic stars lining the outer edge of moon, representing my mother, my daughter and my husband.

I had a photo of it, but lost it in the great hard-drive crash of 2007. I'll take another and post it. It's on the upper part of my right hip/side.

I've been contemplating my second one for a while now.

Don't feel bad, zuropa-you are not alone. There are plenty of people who think tattoos are aweful, and my mother has been on my back about mine for years. She is reluctant to ever give me money for fear I will spnd it on "something stupid like a tattoo". I ignore her and others and do what I want to do. If they don't like it it's their problem. I feel it's ridiculous for people to think less of you simply because we choose to do something creative in inking our bodies. So good for you. Hold your head up high and DO wear that swimsuit. After a comment or two from your mother I'm sure everything will be fine. :up:

And swandiver, I can't wait to see your pic....I got my first tattoo at age 39 and now nearing your age am still adding to my "work in progress". I am proud of them. Go for the 2nd one, good for you!!

side note: I told my mom about my tattoo on the phone last night. I'm going out to visit next month at a beachhouse so didn't think I could really hide it. She was so disappointed. I knew she would be and I even considered just never wearing a swim suit around her but I didn't want to lie (I'm 35, folks!). But it still made me sad that she was so disappointed. We never quite grow out of that, do we?

I had a smallish tatoo done 12 years ago and I still haven't told my parents about it for that very same reason. Luckily it's just near my hip so it's easy to hide. (I'm 31):shh:

^^ whenever i bend over in front of my Dad, he tires to scrub mine off with ajax! (Im 28 and Have had it for 10 years, and he still tries!)
- its on my lower back - the star on my foot he hasnt noticed yet but ive only had it for 6 months (shit that one really hurt!) :sad:

I had a smallish tatoo done 12 years ago and I still haven't told my parents about it for that very same reason. Luckily it's just near my hip so it's easy to hide. (I'm 31):shh:

I could very easily hide mine but don't you feel a little silly hiding something you feel so strongly about from your folks? My mom said she's glad I didn't try to hide it but I'm not so sure I believe her! :lol:

^^ whenever i bend over in front of my Dad, he tires to scrub mine off with ajax! (Im 28 and Have had it for 10 years, and he still tries!)
- its on my lower back - the star on my foot he hasnt noticed yet but ive only had it for 6 months (shit that one really hurt!) :sad:

:lol: at the ajax!! Do you not wear sandals or is he not very observant?

well i live about 1hr away so ive only seen him a few times since i got it - he isnt really very observant (thank god!) and the star isnt that big!

I could very easily hide mine but don't you feel a little silly hiding something you feel so strongly about from your folks? My mom said she's glad I didn't try to hide it but I'm not so sure I believe her! :lol:

That's a very good point. The first two I got in places I could cover so no one would know. My last few I wanted to have in places that could not only be seen, but seen by ME to remind me of things and places. I'm proud of them and wear them proudly. I don't really care what my mother or anyone else feels about them. If you don't like them keep that to yourself!

:wink:

yep, I do feel silly but I was only a kid when I got it and it's not something that you just bring up over dinner one night. My theory is that I'll tell them that I've got a tattoo and that I'm pregnant all at once, that way they might not hear the first part

hopefully i won't have to tell them for yyeeaaaaarrs

All my stepchildren have tattoos -- multiple tattoos, except the youngest (she's 16). I don't know what my mother would have thought about mine. I was very happy to come home and drop my pants to show everyone at a family reunion. :D As I said, the first star is for her. (Pardon quality -- I just took this myself and it's on my upper right hip, so a little difficult!)

2008_0610various0021.jpg

:wink:

yep, I do feel silly but I was only a kid when I got it and it's not something that you just bring up over dinner one night. My theory is that I'll tell them that I've got a tattoo and that I'm pregnant all at once, that way they might not hear the first part

:lmao:
I waited 'til we were trying on wedding dresses to tell mom I had my bellybutton pierced (10 years after I'd had it done). "I know" she said.

Pretty tat Swandiver!

Thank you. I'd like to have a little bluebird on top of my hand where my thumb & "pointer" finger meet, but since I work for Disney I can have no visible tattoos.

What I really want is an illustration for Edgar Allen Poe's "The Bells" -- but it would have to be a whole back piece or trimmed down quite a bit (more likely). I have the picture saved on my work computer, will post it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom