A Little Bit More New Album Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O comentário sobre Pop foi uma provocação direcionada a mim. Inútil tentar conversar com esse idiota, believe me...

Wow what is your issue open? I don't see how Nick saying that they must play a lot of pop in Brazil is him being racist! Heck I am Argentine my self and if he said the same thing about Argentina I would have probably agreed! It is my understanding (though I haven't lived in Argentina since the 80's) that POP was really well loved. I could be wrong.

Oh and one more thing talking in another language in an English speaking forum and calling someone names in that language ("idiota") is not cool IMO. If you have something to say, say it in English! Just plain rude!

?????? What on earth is going on in this thread now???????? Should I post some demo or rehearsal samples to get it back on track??? :wink: Kidding!!!!!!

The last page in this thread reminds me of a time many years ago when I said to a co-worker "Do you like pizza as much as I do?" and she took it as me calling her fat. She proceeded to flip out on my and then go to Human Resources to file a formal complaint. Everyone else in the office had the same look: "What the hell just happened?"

True story.

:lol:

BUt seriously, who doesn't like pizza? :crack:

Is there a new album yet? :sigh:

OpenG, might you be willing to explain what Nick said that you found to be racist?

Wow what is your issue open? I don't see how Nick saying that they must play a lot of pop in Brazil is him being racist! Heck I am Argentinian my self and if he said the same thing about Argentina I would have probably agreed! It is my understanding (though I haven't lived in Argentina since the 80's) that POP was really well loved. I could be wrong.

Oh and one more thing talking in another language in an english speaking forum and calling someone names in that language is not cool IMO. If you have something to say, say it in English! Just plain rude!

You don't know half of it. Perhaps you don't care either if Nick said that in South America we love sucking donkey balls. The "sucking donkey balls" thing happened exactly because i said Pop was huge in South America and he then said "sucking donkey balls is huge in South America" or something like that.

And, btw "hermano", 3 x 0! Hehehe

Wow what is your issue open? I don't see how Nick saying that they must play a lot of pop in Brazil is him being racist! Heck I am Argentine my self and if he said the same thing about Argentina I would have probably agreed! It is my understanding (though I haven't lived in Argentina since the 80's) that POP was really well loved. I could be wrong.

Oh and one more thing talking in another language in an English speaking forum and calling someone names in that language ("idiota") is not cool IMO. If you have something to say, say it in English! Just plain rude!

Another thing, it doesn't take a genius to realise idiota means idiot. So, it wouldn't change much if i say idiota or idiot. Ok, he can be both!

Another thing, it doesn't take a genius to realise idiota means idiot. So, it wouldn't change much if i say idiota or idiot. Ok, he can be both!

I KNOW that it is easy to understand what idiota means LOL. Just that fact that you have a whole sentence in portugese speaking about someone else is the rude part. I know what you said, you said that that post about pop was directed to you and its no use talking to that idiot. Just that fact that you are talking about someone else in another language is lame and plain rude.

And what does Brazil beating Argentina 3-0 in football have to do with anything here?

I KNOW that it is easy to understand what idiota means LOL. Just that fact that you have a whole sentence in portugese speaking about someone else is the rude part. I know what you said, you said that that post about pop was directed to you and its no use talking to that idiot. Just that fact that you are talking about someone else in another language is lame and plain rude.

And what does Brazil beating Argentina 3-0 in football have to do with anything here?

Nooo. Brazil beating Spain! And my friends in Argentina said that for the first time ever la hinchada argentina supported Brazil. I thought you liked that as well, nothing to do with Brasil beating Argentina.

And i guess anything goes in this thread, from Jick to Nick, from Lost to Globetrotters, from Pop to Manhattan, anything goes...

OH LOL ok i stand corrected there! I haven't been following football lately been WAY too busy!

Argentina is, in my opinion, the only team that can beat Brasil next year. They know how to play against us and they have Messi. And to be honest, it's the only team we really respect.

Argentina is, in my opinion, the only team that can beat Brasil next year. They know how to play against us and they have Messi. And to be honest, it's the only team we really respect.

I respect that and I respect your team and country as well. This has nothing to do with racism or anything of the like. I was just mad at all the personal attacks going on here when we should be talking about LOST!!! And maybe a bit of U2 too.

I respect that and I respect your team and country as well. This has nothing to do with racism or anything of the like. I was just mad at all the personal attacks going on here when we should be talking about LOST!!! And maybe a bit of U2 too.

(N)ick is the king of the passive-agressive. And to my ears, the south americans love sucking donkey balls was pretty racist and uncalled for at the time. It came out of nowhere.
Lost was the biggest tv show ever. And that second season my fave...

Just to divert briefly form the argument at hand:

I think I know why RHMT hasn't been played (Bono just can't hit those notes anymore)

I believe that is why it was never a single - they decided B couldn't do it live (at least consistently). Whether that is why the video never aired, or they were just embarrassed about it I don't know.

Re this racism thing - OpenG, do you honestly believe, even if Nick did say "they like sucking donkey balls in South America" that he actually believed that to be true of South Americans? If it is offensive to anyone/thing in context, it is offensive to Pop, saying that people who like Pop also like to suck donkey balls, and if South Americans love Pop, ergo join the dots. It is CLEARLY tongue-in-cheek; possibly not the most SENSITIVE thing to say, but definitely not IMO in any way rude, racist or offensive.

Just to divert briefly form the argument at hand:

I believe that is why it was never a single - they decided B couldn't do it live (at least consistently). Whether that is why the video never aired, or they were just embarrassed about it I don't know.

Re this racism thing - OpenG, do you honestly believe, even if Nick did say "they like sucking donkey balls in South America" that he actually believed that to be true of South Americans? If it is offensive to anyone/thing in context, it is offensive to Pop, saying that people who like Pop also like to suck donkey balls, and if South Americans love Pop, ergo join the dots. It is CLEARLY tongue-in-cheek; possibly not the most SENSITIVE thing to say, but definitely IMO in any way rude, racist or offensive.

In Brazil we are very proud of our country. Don't come to me saying "we" love sucking donkey balls, whatever it's tongue in cheek or not. You just don't play with our nationality.

That whole donkey balls thing was in the past and yet you keep dragging it out to torture everyone with. Drop it, or them, already and give us all a f888ing break.

In Brazil we are very proud of our country. Don't come to me saying "we" love sucking donkey balls, whatever it's tongue in cheek or not. You just don't play with our nationality.

a) South America is not Brazil. That's like saying France is Europe.
b) National pride is not unique to Brazil.
c) I am proud of my country, but I don't go calling people idiots or pricks if they say something derogatory about Australia. Reactions like that do NOTHING to improve opinions of ill-informed, not that this is the case here.
d) The context of the statement puts the focus on Pop and his dislike for it.

Your hysterical reaction has been grossly disproportionate to the statement made. Context is king - and if you blindly refuse to acknowledge the blatantly obvious context of the statement then take your indignation elsewhere. Calling someone a prick or an idiot publicly is totally unacceptable.

That whole donkey balls thing was in the past and yet you keep dragging it out to torture everyone with. Drop it, or them, already and give us all a f888ing break.

I didn't bring that up. I was asked by digitize and answered.

Really sorry to torture everyone.

a) South America is not Brazil. That's like saying France is Europe.
b) National pride is not unique to Brazil.
c) I am proud of my country, but I don't go calling people idiots or pricks if they say something derogatory about Australia. Reactions like that do NOTHING to improve opinions of ill-informed, not that this is the case here.
d) The context of the statement puts the focus on Pop and his dislike for it.

Your hysterical reaction has been grossly disproportionate to the statement made. Context is king - and if you blindly refuse to acknowledge the blatantly obvious context of the statement then take your indignation elsewhere. Calling someone a prick or an idiot publicly is totally unacceptable.

I really thank you for all your lessons.

Kids these days. Popping back in here every now as then makes me feel like an old curmudgeon. Someone just post on Facebook for me when something good happens.

Dear Lord, now I'm feeling guilty for starting the topic who created this mess.

Moving on, I'm not proud to say that I start watching Lost because of Ian Somerhalder (HOW NOT TO LOVE THIS GUY?), but it ended up being very addictive. Now, I'm kinda of obsessed with Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones and True Blood (oh, and Suits also). And waiting for Dracula...

Dear Lord, now I'm feeling guilty for starting the topic who created this mess.

Moving on, I'm not proud to say that I start watching Lost because of Ian Somerhalder (HOW NOT TO LOVE THIS GUY?), but it ended up being very addictive. Now, I'm kinda of obsessed with Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones and True Blood (oh, and Suits also). And waiting for Dracula...

My All time favorite show still has to be Breaking Bad! That was one very addictive show to say the least! Looking forward to the final installment of season 5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom