30 sec. GOYB preview now on itunes / GOYB Now Available on iTunes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what am i doing wrong? Are people still downloading this from itunes? I'm in the States and I can't find it. I signed up for the email list and haven't received anything. Irritating.

just found out my other Irish, american military plane-named band has a CD coming out on March 3 in the US... Bell X1

It's not on Itunes anymore i hear, guess they got it on their to early.

Now listening on RTE2 fm! Sounds fantastic!

GET ON YOUR BOOTS! :applaud::hyper::drool:

It's still on iTunes USA, but hard to find.

Do a "power search" for "Get On Your Boots", then click "See All" in the Album box, look around and you'll see it for $0.99

So weird, they must have changed it to plus... that blows! Oh well, I will have a pristine version when I get the boxset...

Wow, I'm very underwhelmed with this song. Unlike the initial release of Vertigo (where I ended up listening to it fifteen times in a row), I listened to this twice, and that's fine for now.

I'm sure the album will be excellent- I'm just struck that for the first time since... actually, ever... the first single off a U2 album ultimately wasn't a big thing.

Wow, I'm very underwhelmed with this song. Unlike the initial release of Vertigo (where I ended up listening to it fifteen times in a row), I listened to this twice, and that's fine for now.

I'm sure the album will be excellent- I'm just struck that for the first time since... actually, ever... the first single off a U2 album ultimately wasn't a big thing.

I'm not worried. Violet Hill was an underwhelming Coldplay single but the album ended being better than the last 2.

Yeah, except I bought it last night when it was not iTunes Plus, and now they want me to pay another $0.30 to upgrade it. :angry:

I mean, come on, I just bought it 8 hours ago.

Oh well, I definitely have gotten 30 cents worth so far.

That is so odd they would post it before it is DRM-free. What a rip off.

I am still debating if I should preorder the iTunes album or to buy the deluxe book from brick-and-mortar.

I'm not worried. Violet Hill was an underwhelming Coldplay single but the album ended being better than the last 2.

QFT!!

I am a coldplay fan, but the first time i heard Violet Hill I was seriously like "are you guys kidding me?" and just sorta wrote off the album. But it becames one of my top 3 of the year.

Anybody notice the single cover on iTunes Says "GET ON Y OUR B OOTS"?
OOTS? They threw in an Original Of The Species acronym for us blue crackheads!

Aw, I know its just coincidence, but i thought it was funny.

Any word on what the two versions on iTunes are----are they the same song but with a different cover?

Ok am I the only one who bought it on iTunes and loaded it on to their iPod? I only read through the first 7 pages and the last and really don't have time to read all 25 or what have you... I have the song in my iTunes (at home, I'm at work now) and on my iPod (which is with me but does you no good). I must have been very lucky. If you still need to hear it and have not been able to buy it from iTunes by tonight 7 PM PST(especially YOU Sicy!!!!), please email me at camiloj@gmail.com The song is a morph of Fast Cars/Vertigo with Discotheque guitar fuzz. Not as "original" as I was expecting(and Fast Cars is NOT one of my favorite U2 songs), but it is U2 enough to make me VERY, VERY happy!!!!

So let me get this straight. I bought a DRM version from itunes at 2:00 am today, and now there's an itunes plus version? that's a scam. can i upgrade a single track from my library?

wow- I'm not a fan of Coldplay at all- but on the strength of Violet Hill I actually chose to listen to (well i tried to listen to) a whole Coldplay album- sadly I got bored fairly quickly once Chris Martin started singing and didn't get through to the end- that said Viva la Vida and the Japan thing are pretty good

:sad: Not available on itunes uk.

Why is it only available in the US??? :mad:

Mmm if anything encouraged piracy then this is it. Only available in the US so everyone else can only get it by unofficial ways. And they moan about illegal downloads. Fuc#ing dimwits!

Little technical question...how do you tell if it's DRM free or not? I bought it last night...a couple of minutes after it let you buy - I'd had in my cart for a couple of hours though, it was the iTunes Plus one that was up for a bit before it was taken down again.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out...the one I have is indeed DRM-free. I got lucky in the timing on that one. :)

Back
Top Bottom