30 Sec Clips of NLOTH!!!! DISCUSSION ONLY (Do not post download links!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like what I hear, but I'm making no real judgements till I hear the whole thing. Its made me more excited though, as deep down I was sure I was going to hear ATYCLB part 3. These clips don't suggest that at all. Although The first half of the fez-being born clip sounds completely discordant ... which may be the point, but it still sounds like crap ... maybe it will make sense in the context of the song.

My first impressions are:
- this is Adam's album
- closer to Acthung Baby than any other album
- comparing to AB: GOYB = The Fly, Unknown Caller = So Cruel, Stand Up Comedy = WGRYWH
- Best opening 3 songs of any U2 album
- first half > second half

Album will leak next weekend or shortly thereafter.

How will the liner notes be like? Will page 3 look better than page 7?

I think all the songs are great ...but from what Ive heard...BASED ONLY ON THE CLIPS...the last 2 tracks arent doing much for me at the moment. But I got a strong feelin Unknown Caller is going to be bigger than what most people are expecting!

I must be in the minority. So far Magnificent and Breathe are my favorites.

You're not. Those two songs are on my favourites list. But I think I'll like FEZ the best on this album. It's just my type of song. Imagine yourself driving a Ferrari in the Alps whilst this song kicks in on a snowy winter day.

I only listened to the clips once and now I'm done. I just wanted to make it was going to live up to the hype (and and now really excited).

- this is Adam's album
- comparing to AB: GOYB = The Fly, Unknown Caller = So Cruel, Stand Up Comedy = WGRYWH

If we keep comparing things to AB or JT then nothing U2 ever does will even come close to those two albums. I think that we should look at this album as a completely separate, individual being rather than it being a stem off the same alley as the 90s. Let this be the innovative, extraordinaire of this decade.

I wonder if Stand Up Comedy owes it's existence to Interference legend, Stop (The Poverty). Maybe Bono was browsing the blue crack one day and... :wink:

I like what I hear, but I'm making no real judgements till I hear the whole thing. Its made me more excited though, as deep down I was sure I was going to hear ATYCLB part 3. These clips don't suggest that at all. Although The first half of the fez-being born clip sounds completely discordant ... which may be the point, but it still sounds like crap ... maybe it will make sense in the context of the song.

Aww why did you change your Kate avatar? :D

While I like the individual parts of the song, I think the transition between FEZ and Being Born is horrible. I hope that is not the actual transition on the album.

can somebody be mercifull and take a look at the 2 last pages of request thread? I cannot wait anymoreeeee :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

I must be in the minority. So far Magnificent and Breathe are my favorites.

You're not alone, liking it a lot so far. The immediate standouts:

Breathe
Magnificent
No Line
Fez
Stand Up

cant wait to hear more of the other songs, but so far it really is sounding like a solid album.

without getting carried away..och f@@k it...for me so far this sounds a work of genius and reminds me of the stone roses debut album, which is the only album i have ever heard where every song is as good if not better than the last...they made that work of genius as young men and for U2 to be doing it at nearly 50 is a gift for us all...think these wee clips have been released to turn the tide of negativity since the radio release of goyb.

MOS has hints of your blue room, beautiful, every clip gets better with each listen.

Cannae f@@@in wait.

Oh and if yer reading chaps f@@k Hampden its shoite, get yer arses back to Celtic Park.

You're not. Those two songs are on my favourites list. But I think I'll like FEZ the best on this album. It's just my type of song. Imagine yourself driving a Ferrari in the Alps whilst this song kicks in on a snowy winter day.

I admit I don't understand FEZ. It sounds like let me in the sound from boots, then it goes into some other weird stuff for like 3 seconds that almost sounds like a tape recorder re-winding or something.

Yeah the transition is kinda iffy. Like I mentioned earlier, If that is in fact how they switch the songs, I would have liked a more Zooropa (track not album) type change.

Sounds really interesting. The production is a lot more polished than I expected though and very reminiscent of their last two albums.

Can't wait.

I only listened to the clips once and now I'm done. I just wanted to make it was going to live up to the hype (and and now really excited).

- this is Adam's album

This is ridiculous. If anything, the guitar sound I'm getting from the clips is more clean JT than dirty AB, maybe with some UF. To make claims on which musician "owns" this album from these short clips is ludicrous, not to mention your "best 3 opening songs/side one>side 2" nonsense.

Also, it's Moment of Surrender that has the So Cruel beat, so I don't know where you're getting that from.

Take a chill pill before you get yourself too worked up.

Alright, I caved and listened to them all once, with a couple of the songs twice, in reverse order on the tracklisting. Now all I remember is the verse of NLOTH vaguely. First impression? This is going to be a really chill album. Not necessarily a bad thing. I bet it will be great listening to it on headphones while doing work at the computer. The production sounds top notch. And suddenly, the album cover makes a ton of sense! After hearing only GOYB, the cover didn't seem to fit the sound of that song, but just from listening to these clips the cover totally makes sense.

My worst fear would be... Fez ending up as a forced attempt at Zooropa style tempo change and experimentation, that doesn't sound natural. :uhoh: But that's just me being pessimistic... or cautiously optimistic.

Take a chill pill before you get yourself too worked up.

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom