2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But alas, again... Stadium shows. Be patient, scour the boards... you'll get your tickets. This place is incredibly friendly to real fans looking for tickets.

Yep. I think if you absolutely want to go to a show, you'll definitely be able to somehow. Even if things with TM don't work out, places like here or even StubHub in the final day or three should provide you with some reasonable options.

A few things:

Hi. It's been since the 360 tour that i've been round these parts. Life and change happens, but happy to be back :)

Plenty of GA available in Philly. Wasn't at first yesterday, but around noon afterwards GA opened up and stayed open. Could still get it now if you wanted.

Red Zone I never had a chance. At least in this go around. Maybe when they go on sale to the general public i'll get a shot.

I did score 4 lower level, section 308 Cusack for Dublin, about halfway back, THIS MORNING. So very odd, as I was online at 3:45am yesterday (EST) to try to get Dublin seats and struck out all day. Nothing good at all. Once I picked last row way on the upper tier, way in the back....I passed. But I log in at around 10 am at work, and these showed up. Last day of the pre-sale. No sense to it at all. Needless to say, I grabbed them.

Red Zone: My take. For 360, when we traveled from Philly to Dublin we had our 9 year old son with us and had GA seats for 1 of the shows, seats for the other. For the GA show we were in line at 5:45 am, Dublin time to get into that golden circle. While we had a great time, and it was rewarding being that close. It KILLED us.....yes we're older now, and I don't....CANT...see us doing that again. For the Philly and NJ shows we did red zone and it was comfy as pie. We could move about freely, never lose your space.....private bathrooms ect....and yet still close. Hell, Bono even had a "moment" with our 9 year old where he said something on stage to him.....no he didn't get to run around with him. Bono didn't do that this night. He was gimpy.

My point is that it was well worth it. Yeah more money, but hella less aggravation. If I was 18 i'd say bullocks to it, but this time around, being 45, and now bringing my now 17 year old son and his 11 year old sister....RZ is the way to go.

I would have done RZ in Dublin, but they have instituted a "no-on under 14 allowed on the pitch" policy at Croke Park. They didn't have that for 360. So even if RZ was available in Dublin, we can't get our 11 year old on the pitch. Happy to get the seats we got.

I'm holding out for better things in Philly ~crosses fingers~

Last edited:
Wow 5.45am at the queue- earliest we did was about 10am in 2005, but was knackered the next day. For 360 we got in later and still got gold circle each night- Dubliners tend not to arrive early. I'm not sure there will be one this year - with the pitch 1/2 tickets, which is good if it means no queueing- but also loses part of the Dublin experience

Wow 5.45am at the queue- earliest we did was about 10am in 2005, but was knackered the next day. For 360 we got in later and still got gold circle each night- Dubliners tend not to arrive early. I'm not sure there will be one this year - with the pitch 1/2 tickets, which is good if it means no queueing- but also loses part of the Dublin experience

We weren't even the first in line at 5:45-6. Must have already been 50 deep at least. But as we had a kid with us, we needed to account for the runners. So knowing that there would be maybe 50 people running past us, we needed to be there early lol.

What are the "pitch 1/2 tickets"? ****EDIT**** disregard, i figured it out.

I'm not sure the all day queue was really worth it (or part of a Dublin experience....idk) .......although if recollection serves me, they did "Drowning Man" and "Electrical Storm" at the soundcheck, and yeah, that was kind of cool.

Last edited:
Mate, you don't need Red Zone for that. On 360 I showed up around 5:30 or 6pm every night and never got worse than third or fourth row in front of the stage.

People who queue up for stadium gigs are mad.

Hey Axver, long time. Great to reconnect. I'm speaking to the NYC/NJ shows and also Montreal. Don't know how other stadiums were like. ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hey Axver, long time. Great to reconnect. I'm speaking to the NYC/NJ shows and also Montreal. Don't know how other stadiums were like. ?

You could walk in at 630 to MetLife and get inside the circle.

You could walk in right after the opener ended and will be within 20 yards of outer ramp

I shoulda came in with you. Most certainly was not my experience.

Too be fair, I'm combining all three NY/NJ shows...

First Giants Stadium show I showed up at 6:30 and walked into the circle without issue and had a spot on the outter ramp on Adam's side.

Second Giants Stadium show had Red Zone so didn't matter.

MetLife I chilled in the parking lot till the opener ended and we were about 20 some odd yards from outter ramp with a decent amount of space, admittedly our group on that night was about a dozen or so and we kind of spread our enough to keep our space to ourselves, but it wasn't hard to leave and come back at all.

Experiences certainly could have been different.

One thing I distinctly remember was the train back to Manhattan being a disaster after the first Giants Stadium show... which I'm sure many others remember.

We took the train to Springsteen this summer and it was so much better. They got their act together as far as that's concerned. Only had to wait 15 minutes or so. Train still crowded but much more organized than the first U2 gigs, which were the first major concerts after the train line was built.

Last edited:
HIAS, glad you had a good experience! We had RZs for the first show too, and my wife and I were able to take my sister with Down's syndrome. They even let us use the seats in the back of the section after the show started. The ushers and fans were great. ? Second show, had GAs, and long story short, my wife and I ended up moving all the way towards the back. ? Third show, in light of the GA experience, we got lucky and bought the VIP package for first row seats during the presale. Stayed in air conditioned room basically til showtime (boy, was it sweltering!). And the band played HMTMKMKM. ???

I heard the trains for the first round of shows were horrible. The third show, they had it figured out by then. Still improving.

What are the prices?

Im so confused. Bostin Gillette specifically. just found out i have access to a presale and m looking at the price variations and am confused. Are there set prices for each location like every other tour OR is what im seeing ....different prices all over the place.. but mainly around $250 for anything above the lower level 100s (which are all $300+)?

I also can't decide if a first row in the 300 level on side stage would be better than a head on view but far away which ive had before...theyre quite far away but front view is great. Theres no mini b stage either . Im thinking side of stage even at a low 300 level would be cool?

Last edited:
I'm so angry you spelled BOSTON wrong and are from MA that I can't even respond to your questions. It says NYC in my profile, but I'm from Beantown.

I would say GA is best deal and Gillette you can buy a 40 dollar seat in the 300s and walk around the lower sections to get "food" or take a "wicked piss" and just watch the concert while you eat a hot dog. That's why I like Gillette. It's very open and very easy to see the field even when you go out to get refreshments. Just get in the building. That's all you need. So I call the 40 dollar seats -- make your own GA section.

Im so confused. Bostin Gillette specifically. just found out i have access to a presale and m looking at the price variations and am confused. Are there set prices for each location like every other tour OR is what im seeing ....different prices all over the place.. but mainly around $250 for anything above the lower level 100s (which are all $300+)?

I also can't decide if a first row in the 300 level on side stage would be better than a head on view but far away which ive had before...theyre quite far away but front view is great. Theres no mini b stage either . Im thinking side of stage even at a low 300 level would be cool?

I love close side view upper level seats! There's a lot going on that you can't see from clear across the stadium...like them interacting, guitar changes, and a great view of Larry drumming. I'd much rather be there. When I'm sitting head on from far away I tend to focus on the camera video screens.

gah!!!! BOSTON!!!! WTF!!! I dont even know how that happened! Too stressed with fat fingers. LOL

:applaud:

I was lucky to get two GA tickets to the Cleveland show after a frustrating hour of typing in that I was not a robot. The computer froze up on me several times and I had to log out after it gave me an error message. I also tried and got GA tickets to the Chicago show @ 6pm after only one time trying. It was a last minute desicion. I'm not familiar with the Chicago area, but hopefully it will turn out. I heard tons of people camp out beforehand.... I'm not a camper!!

Doing seats in Boston this time around (bringing the family this time) and all I could get to pull for $75 was lower level tickets in section 141. Head on view of the stage, but not sure just how far it'll be. Hoping for a big screen. ;)

Can someone explain to me how resale tickets work during a presale offered by a 3rd party ? I mean shouldn't the tickets during a presale be the original ticket price? How are they classifying them as resale?
the website (boston theater site) gave me a presale link but only offered resale tickets .

U2zoobaby, that's not a pre-sale link (only available through TM). All pre-sales were over 5p local on Friday. I would suggest waiting for the General Public on-sale Tuesday and seeing if you can get anything before going through a re-seller. Good luck!

Last edited:
Just curious...Anybody know if Boston Theater is a legitimate resale site? It's been around for awhile . They also have sites for other cities. That's who sent me the deceiving looking email. I forgot I even subscribed to their site for theater information, but never realized they were a resale website. I've looked them up and there are complaints mainly from people who didn't like paying above face value, only one where the ticket scanned didn't work.

Last edited:
There never are any legitimate resale sites... they're all trying to rip you off. So it's probably smart not to go with them, especially before the official sale has even happened.

Ticketmaster offers the option to resell tickets you bought on their site. So sometimes they are showing you that.

Untrue. Plenty of legit resale sites. Of course they are selling them way about face value. doesn't make them not real vendors. I wouldn't buy U2 tickets that way or any concert ticket. But my dad for 30 years has gotten sports tickets this way and sold tickets he couldn't use from 3rd parties ticket brokers. He had 1 guy on route 1 in Boston.

Ticketmaster themselves offers ability to buy and sell tickets.
Stubhub
Tickpick

All real options.

As super fans and from experience you can get tickets for face value so no need to do that.

But to say tickets you buy will be fake isn't true. Legit places have safeguards in place. Of course shit can go wrong.

What you don't want to do is buy U2 tickets off criagislist for over face from some shady guy. I bought and sold tickets via criagilists, but for face from fans to fans. It's really easy to get ripped off with hard tickets.

So at least when you buy 1000 worth of tickets they are real. Better than all those stories of people spending that money on fake tickets. The worst feeling.

Again, I've never paid more than face for any concert I ever saw. But if you want Super Bowl tickets, yeah, you're probably going to have to sell your car.

Back
Top Bottom