2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Forum was the most organized venue I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. They were scanning cards while we were still in the pens. Then if there was an issue, yes, they sent you to a table or the box office where they would then verify you had tix and if necessary print paper tickets. It was great. I personally didn't have any issues, but saw people who did and everything was fixed promptly.

However, if you didn't have any issues with your credit card, they weren't printing. They were very nice, but wouldn't print.

So if I understand this correctly, if I only bought 2 tickets with my Wires presale code, I can go on and buy another 2 using the same code?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yes. I bought 1 for Vancouver (solo) and 3 for Seattle with friends for a total of 4.

Today is not Red Hill, its Wires, and its also the option to buy tickets and add a subscription.

So today you can go on without a code, check for seats and if you like them, buy them along with buying a $50 subscription. This is what folks should have done (Mikal, ouizy for example) rather than buy the membership ahead of time and get the code. If you weren't in yesterday's presale, you could look for tickets today and not have to buy a membership subscription unless you liked the tickets offered and took them.

So today the entire buying public can look for tickets, and trust me brokers have snapped up good ones and bout the added membership. $50 on top for 4 GAs is nothing to them.

Also keep in mind that its a presale and not every ticket in the building is made available. Many don't get released till next Tuesday.

I have Redhill. I was on yesterday all day. I think you've entirely misunderstood me.

Why the fuck aren't the very best tickets available to those of us who shell out $50 a year for a bullshit membership? Fuck this shit.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No problems at all here in Pittsburgh. Got 3 GAs in the Wires pre-sale just after 9am and was able to pull one up again just now. Come to Pittsburgh. It's a great city to visit. Plus the GA line forms under a highway ramp to provide shelter in case of rain. Maybe this was a big market issue or because Pittsburgh tickets are paperless, CC/ID entry, non-transferable, and all in party must enter together. Idk, but I'm so excited for this show. Never thought they'd make it back here again!:hyper:

No VIP Gold level for fans at Giants Stadium? No longer any tickets at all. What a waste of a membership. Maybe they will add a second show

No problems at all here in Pittsburgh. Got 3 GAs in the Wires pre-sale just after 9am and was able to pull one up again just now. Come to Pittsburgh. It's a great city to visit. Plus the GA line forms under a highway ramp to provide shelter in case of rain. Maybe this was a big market issue or because Pittsburgh tickets are paperless, CC/ID entry, non-transferable, and all in party must enter together. Idk, but I'm so excited for this show. Never thought they'd make it back here again!:hyper:

I tried and tried this morning for Cleveland GA. No luck. After about 20 frustrating minutes, I thought I'd check Pittsburgh just for the hell of it. Pulled up 4 on the first try! So there it is... I'm going to Pittsburgh! I'm also going to try for Cleveland next week, hopefully I can pull some GA's!

I thought it was common knowledge that different ticket categories can drop at different times (and may not be available at all at first, I guess they hope you'll panic and buy more expensive tickets instead). It sucks, but Ticketmaster will do what it wants.

I thought it was common knowledge that different ticket categories can drop at different times (and may not be available at all at first, I guess they hope you'll panic and buy more expensive tickets instead). It sucks, but Ticketmaster will do what it wants.

Most venues should have ticket drops around the show date as well. For GA, they don't want to sell too many at first (and end up violating fire codes). Once the stage goes up, they can release more. The promoter is probably involved more than TM in releasing tickets.

Most venues should have ticket drops around the show date as well. For GA, they don't want to sell too many at first (and end up violating fire codes). Once the stage goes up, they can release more. The promoter is probably involved more than TM in releasing tickets.

Would they not be able to work out how much GA capacity there'll be before the stage goes up?

Red Zone

That's exactly how it works. These days there are tons of presales, the artist presales normally get the best/biggest allotment of tix along with any credit card presales, then venue, radio station, promoter presales. By the time the general sale comes around there are very few tickets left. So, as annoying as people find it, your best bet at getting tix, especially GAs is the U2.com sale.

I must be lucky because I didn't have any problem getting a Red Zone ticket for Foxborough (Red Hill group)I stared at my computer from 8:30 am until 3 seconds before 9, hit refresh and I was in. I only got one ticket as I couldn't afford 2. It's my first time doing the pre sale. I keep looking at my confirmation email because I can't believe it's real.

I have Redhill. I was on yesterday all day. I think you've entirely misunderstood me.

Why the fuck aren't the very best tickets available to those of us who shell out $50 a year for a bullshit membership? Fuck this shit.

Oh man. I had a terrible start as well yesterday. No red zones or GAs for NJ. Kept trying and around 9:25, I pulled up and purchased 2 RZs.

Also wanted 2 RZs or GAs for the Rose Bowl and was sorely disappointed when everything was gone in a blink of an eye. Kept trying for about 90 minutes and gave up. Then tried after noon local time and lo and behold, I began pulling up GAs by the bushels. I bought two GAs, and am very lucky with how it turned out. Sadly, that is not everyone's story. I have a feeling that the general sale will be better for many people, hopefully. The reason being that it'll be CC entry.

Last edited:
Oh man. I had a terrible start as well yesterday. No red zones or GAs for NJ. Kept trying and around 9:25, I pulled up and purchased 2 RZs.

Also wanted 2 RZs or GAs for the Rose Bowl and was sorely disappointed when everything was gone in a blink of an eye. Kept trying for about 90 minutes and gave up. Then tried after noon local time and lo and behold, I began pulling up GAs by the bushels. I bought two GAs, and am very lucky with how it turned out. Sadly, that is not everyone's story. I have a feeling that the general sale will be better for many people, hopefully. The reason being that it'll be CC entry.

I've passed on more GAs than I can count. It was Red Zone or nothing for me and I never had a chance.

I tried and tried this morning for Cleveland GA. No luck. After about 20 frustrating minutes, I thought I'd check Pittsburgh just for the hell of it. Pulled up 4 on the first try! So there it is... I'm going to Pittsburgh! I'm also going to try for Cleveland next week, hopefully I can pull some GA's!

I'm going to the Cleveland show too with a good friend who can't do GA physically. I figure that we should be able to get seats in the regular sale. Saw a Vertigo tour show there and the U2 exhibit at the R&R Hall of Fame years back was so amazing! Fun times there!:wave:

I've passed on more GAs than I can count. It was Red Zone or nothing for me and I never had a chance.

I hear you. For the IE tour, RZs were not as important. You could freely move along the GA floor as you wished. Stadium shows, it's either top notch seats (at a reasonable price) or RZs (if available). RZs are understandably a primary target for fans and scalpers. I got lucky with NJ. But I probably gave into exasperation with LA, but was still happy to get the GAs all things considered.

I've never let my membership lapse, and perhaps that's the karma that saw me through yesterday's anxious moments.

I had GA for last tour 3 times and I saw a riser with celebrities that was right next to where I was standing, was that Red Zone? It's just a box that's closer to the stage with less people? So VIP GAs? For 4 times the money? How exciting!!!

I'm saying, I don't get the fans of Red Zone here. Just seems like the 8 dollar bottle of VOSS water at a hotel. I prefer Poland Spring for one dollar and it tastes the same if not better.

On other tours I have gotten my tickets on the pre-sale just fine. I would get tickets in any location of the stadium. This time around it was a bit different. It seems the VIP tickets were released first. I refreshed the page often and after about 2 hours of not getting through I let it go. Came back an hour or so later and finally was able to get the tickets at the section I wanted. Once again my presale worked just fine but this time around it was more stressful.

Hope everybody else got the tickets they wanted.

I had GA for last tour 3 times and I saw a riser with celebrities that was right next to where I was standing, was that Red Zone? It's just a box that's closer to the stage with less people? So VIP GAs? For 4 times the money? How exciting!!!

I'm saying, I don't get the fans of Red Zone here. Just seems like the 8 dollar bottle of VOSS water at a hotel. I prefer Poland Spring for one dollar and it tastes the same if not better.

The preference for RZs at a stadium are about the ability to show up at start time and still be close to the stage. While seats are also an alternative, the vibe in GA is different.

I agree that RZ for arena is almost an unnecessary overkill.

Red Zone for I+e was unnecessary. Didn't bother because arenas are a piece of pie compared to stadiums. But with 10k on the field, the farthest away being 100 yards, Red Zone is a huge, huge advantage. They have their own bathrooms. You never lose your spot, never fight a crowd, never stand in line for anything - and when you're an old grumpy fuck like I am, it's essential.

The ticket prices are a disgrace - £187 for a seat at Twickenham in the back lower tier...the band need to know - they're fleecing their fans nowadays - first time I've become angry with them in over 25 years as a fan and countless attended tours to date. I think I might at last be giving them a miss on this tour (up until now I was a dedicated fan - always defending them) and maybe go to the next one if things change regarding prices.

I'm sorry for those who had issues on the wire presale... but it's a stadium gig, and there will be plenty of opportunities to try again. It wasn't a real fanclub presale ,honestly... I got an email from MetLife with a code for the presale because I'm on their mailing list, and had another opportunity through AmEx. So "short term" Wire members had a very small advantage, if any at all.

The Red Hill group seemed to have a very easy to of it. And frankly, that's how it should be. If you've actually spent the money each and every year and never lapses, you should go to the front of the line.

But alas, again... Stadium shows. Be patient, scour the boards... you'll get your tickets. This place is incredibly friendly to real fans looking for tickets.

The preference for RZs at a stadium are about the ability to show up at start time and still be close to the stage. While seats are also an alternative, the vibe in GA is different.

Mate, you don't need Red Zone for that. On 360 I showed up around 5:30 or 6pm every night and never got worse than third or fourth row in front of the stage.

People who queue up for stadium gigs are mad.

You can also leave your spot during an intermission and get it back, and have a less dense area.

I agree that RZ for arena is almost an unnecessary overkill.

Unless you have a wife, like mine, that has major issues with weed at concerts and likes the extra space. Ie, it was great to move around and have lots of space. we had RZ for one 360 and it was very nice. lots of room and better enforcement of no smoking. also, you could kind of hang back in the inner circle and have space.

so i too will be on the hunt for a pair of RZ's for Toronto since that would be much better for her.

There's always variation from the planning stages to when it's actually built. They undersell GA just in case then when they load in release more tix usually a day or two before the show.

Also often good seats in the stands near the stage get released just before the show for same reason. They realize that seats they thought might be blocked aren't and those are real close to the stage.

Back
Top Bottom