2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Astonishing that there are STILL GA tickets available for Pittsburgh, Tampa and Houston 12 hours after going on sale! The upper stands have a lot of empty seats too. Out of curiosity I just looked at a seating map for Coldplay's Houston show. Coldplay's have been on sale for 2 months or so, U2 for 12 hours, and U2 have sold WAY more tickets than Coldplay. U2 will probably eventually sell out that show, meanwhile Coldplay will probably end up having to move people from the upstairs to the downstairs, and have at least part of the upper decks curtained off!

I think in these 3 cities, they might need to focus on some good local advertising, and perhaps lower some of the prices in the upper sections. I saw U2 at the same stadium in Pittsburgh on the 360 tour, and while there were 55,000+ there, it wasn't sold out. It'll probably be mostly full by show day, though, and U2/LN will make a lot of $ from that show, and all the others.

My RZ ticket to Rose Bowl was $70 + fees. At the time Ticketmaster had price categories you could select but the breakdowns into seats / RZ / GA etc. weren't listed. If it was a 'glitch' maybe this had something to do with it, but there was plenty of talk about $70 RZ during the presales, surely they would've picked it up if it was an error. It does seem odd though after the vast difference in price on 360.

I was just expecting / hoping a GA would show up, was a nice surprise..

If I go to my order history it says 'Standard Ticket Section GA50'

This is for Houston, but

My RZ states the following
(RED) Zone Package
Section REDZNE

My GA states the following
Section FLOOR

I would imagine a RZ ticket is specific and has RZ in the title somewhere.

Last edited:
I would image a RZ ticket is specific and has RZ in the title somewhere.

So would I, but it seems each venue has their own naming standards. It definitely was saying Red Zone all the way up until payment went through.

Was yours $70?

Last edited:
My RZ ticket to Rose Bowl was $70 + fees. At the time Ticketmaster had price categories you could select but the breakdowns into seats / RZ / GA etc. weren't listed. If it was a 'glitch' maybe this had something to do with it, but there was plenty of talk about $70 RZ during the presales, surely they would've picked it up if it was an error. It does seem odd though after the vast difference in price on 360.

Pretty sure its not a red zone ticket, simply a GA.

My twickenham standing ticket said" general admission or red zone on my ticket" whats this mean? Surely i wouldnt be able to get in the red zone

That's very very interesting. My order history states my tickets as: "REDZNE GA0". Did it tell you that you have to pick yours up at a specific Red Zone labeled Will Call? (ours did)

Btw, the 360 Red Zone was done differently...they were auctions. Depending upon city, you could get RZ very inexpensively (comparatively speaking). There weren't RZ prior to this, so I think most people thought of it as a gimmick......auctions could be easily won at good prices. Not that easy this time around.

Pretty sure its not a red zone ticket, simply a GA.

It's looking like it..

That's very very interesting. My order history states my tickets as: "REDZNE GA0". Did it tell you that you have to pick yours up at a specific Red Zone labeled Will Call? (ours did)

I don't see anything like that written anywhere. If I wasn't half asleep / scared that the website would crash or revoke the ticket before I could pay, I would've taken some screenshots.

Ultimately I'm not bothered much either way, more intrigued than anything.

For the record, the TM Canada APP got me the Redzone tickets... I ran my mobile and desktop at the same time... APP showed the quantity screen in seconds - Desktop was still checking - APP showed me RZ tickets in about 10 seconds - Desktop was STILL just waiting for the first page. By the time the desktop showed any sign of life, it was down to $35 tickets.

Ticketmaster APP was the winner of the day.

For the record, the TM Canada APP got me the Redzone tickets... I ran my mobile and desktop at the same time... APP showed the quantity screen in seconds - Desktop was still checking - APP showed me RZ tickets in about 10 seconds - Desktop was STILL just waiting for the first page. By the time the desktop showed any sign of life, it was down to $35 tickets.

Ticketmaster APP was the winner of the day.

That was my experience too. Had both running at the same time. Chrome crawled, searching and searching. The app came up with RZ tix almost immediately.

My best guess the reason for not a 2nd Boston show would be Monday night and also they probably want more rest between gigs.

So if Boston one was on sat we'd have a 2nd Sunday show. That's all I can think.

Or you're right and they have trouble selling 2nd show so decided only to double up in bigger markets. NY show really is servicing many states. Chicago whole area.

Or they know they'll be back with next tour so said fuck it.

I hate stadiums anyway. Why do I even want a second show? Its not msg.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's simple really. The band talked about SOE and Joshua Tree shows in the same breath (Christmas video). Their intention was never to have the JT2017 be a full on world tour. 32 gigs as of this moment. That's all it was ever going to be. Special shows. ieTour resumes later, maybe next year. The longer we go without any mention of more dates or another leg, the more likely SOE gets born this Fall. That 1st single gets all the momentum it needs following the reception of the JT2017 tour.

It's simple really. The band talked about SOE and Joshua Tree shows in the same breath (Christmas video). Their intention was never to have the JT2017 be a full on world tour. 32 gigs as of this moment. That's all it was ever going to be. Special shows. ieTour resumes later, maybe next year. The longer we go without any mention of more dates or another leg, the more likely SOE gets born this Fall. That 1st single gets all the momentum it needs following the reception of the JT2017 tour.

Would be cool if they would unveil the lead single of SOE at/near the end of the JT tour...

I'm surprised that the opening weekend doesn't do 3 shows especially losing a prime day (Saturday) be it Seattle or Vancouver. Or are they looking for a first rest day to make adjustments.

I learned my lesson about Red Zone tickets being available on the first day presales to both Red Hill and Wire groups from the 1st Rose Bowl presale. So I was on point for the 2nd Rose Bowl show onsale this morning and was able to land a single Red Zone using my Wire code a minute into the presale.

Now I have a single GA for the first night which I will probably eat as I have no desire to deal with the Rose Bowl on two consecutive nights.

I learned my lesson about Red Zone tickets being available on the first day presales to both Red Hill and Wire groups from the 1st Rose Bowl presale. So I was on point for the 2nd Rose Bowl show onsale this morning and was able to land a single Red Zone using my Wire code a minute into the presale.

Now I have a single GA for the first night which I will probably eat as I have no desire to deal with the Rose Bowl on two consecutive nights.

Did you pay $70 or the $350+ for RZ?

Hey guys. When does the general sale for Chicago 2 start?
Have a friend that missed out on the first show.

Because I too have a friend who missed out for Chicago 1, I learned that Chicago 2 general sale is this coming Monday at 10:00 central time. :)

At least this time in the Netherlands, they open up the ticketsale+u2.com-subscription-in-one, 3 hours later than the Wires group this time.

For the first show, they both opened at 9:00, which ment your Wires code was basically useless since the general public could just follow the sub+ticket link they put up hugely on the ticketmaster frontpage. Probably explains getting GA in Amsterdam was way more difficult for Wires codemembers than for example in Belgium (where I could order GAs a full day later in the presale), which to my knowledge didn't advertise their tickets with membership included as hard as in the NL. (Or those didn't even exist)

More fair this time it seems. Actually getting some worth with your Wire-code.

Last edited:
I have no desire to deal with the Rose Bowl on two consecutive nights.

What's the deal? I'm coming from out of town (OK, out of country) for the Rosebowl shows and all I'm reading is woe. What do I need to be prepared for? Poor sound? Lack of crowd control? Poor viewing? Australians are used to U2 in stadiums, so the size of the crowd doesn't bother me. And I've booked accommodation within walking distance of the stadium, so I won't have to deal with traffic. Let's face it, after an almost seven-year drought of live U2, I'd be happy to see/hear them underwater. Maybe.

If you do decide to eat that first ticket, message me first and I might have someone who could buy you a burger (plus face value) instead...

What's the deal? I'm coming from out of town (OK, out of country) for the Rosebowl shows and all I'm reading is woe. What do I need to be prepared for? Poor sound? Lack of crowd control? Poor viewing? Australians are used to U2 in stadiums, so the size of the crowd doesn't bother me. And I've booked accommodation within walking distance of the stadium, so I won't have to deal with traffic. Let's face it, after an almost seven-year drought of live U2, I'd be happy to see/hear them underwater. Maybe.

If you do decide to eat that first ticket, message me first and I might have someone who could buy you a burger (plus face value) instead...

One positive I can say about The Rose Bowl, at least the '09 U2 show had probably the best sound of any out door show I've ever seen.

I live about an hour away from Pasadena in Huntington Beach and my prior experiences regarding the Rose Bowl is the traffic control getting in, parking and especially getting out after a show is pretty awful adding hours the the event. That's my biggest issue.

Staying locally and being within walking distance of the stadium is ideal in that respect. As for the stadium itself, the Rose Bowl has a pretty large football field and the bowl seating extends pretty far out from the field. I'm admittedly not a fan of stadium shows as a rule but imo, The Rose Bowl is the worst example in California of the negatives of a stadium setting.

What's the deal? I'm coming from out of town (OK, out of country) for the Rosebowl shows and all I'm reading is woe. What do I need to be prepared for? Poor sound? Lack of crowd control?

Parking spots scalped for $200. The trains leaving the stadium were overflow before the encore break due to cut off 45 mins after the show. GA stranded until 5 am. Tough taxi options. I also remember the pre-show GA situation resembling something from the animal channel.

Stadium is fine minus last rows being far form the stage and the steps up the stands being a tight squeeze.

With 25,000 fewer fans at the venue each night, some of the complaints won't be as bad. Planning will help big time, like ducking out a song or two early(you can hear it fine outside the venue).

Ahhh I got Concourse 1 (Metlife Stadium) for $70. Section 124 Row 27. I mean a few sections over to the side were $280...I mean is it that much better to be $200+ more money? And then saw Section 123 for $100 which is a good price for concourse 1 too, but again, its one section over, not much of a difference?

Was debating GA, but figured since its a stadium and not as convenient as MSG for me, I'll try for GA if/when they finish the I&E tour. Had to bite on those tickets.

Last edited:
Ok, so I used up my Red Hill code on the first presale last week. I want to get tickets to the 2nd Rose Bowl show. As I look at the presales today, it's quite easy to pull up seats for additional shows with the fan club bundle (Chicago, New Jersey). Debating on buying another membership for my wife to get tickets this way. What do people think - worth it? Or do you think the general sale will be easier this time around and I can save the $50? Also I seem to remember stories of tickets getting canceled with multiple memberships having the same address? Or am I dreaming that? I have and hour and a half to decide lol.

Back
Top Bottom