2017 Joshua Tree Tour: Ticket Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so I used up my Red Hill code on the first presale last week. I want to get tickets to the 2nd Rose Bowl show. As I look at the presales today, it's quite easy to pull up seats for additional shows with the fan club bundle (Chicago, New Jersey). Debating on buying another membership for my wife to get tickets this way. What do people think - worth it? Or do you think the general sale will be easier this time around and I can save the $50? Also I seem to remember stories of tickets getting canceled with multiple memberships having the same address? Or am I dreaming that? I have and hour and a half to decide lol.

The Rose Bowl is a giant place and the show is on Sunday rather than Saturday and a lot of the casual fans already have tickets to one show there. It's your call, of course, but I'm in exactly the same position for Soldier Field and I'm rolling the dice until the general sale (or perhaps a ticket drop after that if the general sale doesn't work out).

unless you're sold on a ticket that is CC entry only, i think you're better off trying your luck in the general... if you miss out, i'm sure you'll be able to find someone either here or on some of the U2 Facebook fan groups who has some extras... and/or just wait for a ticketmaster drop, which is bound to happen.

Well it would be for GA which is CC entry so my options are limited. But I was able to pull up GAs for Rose Bowl 1 on general sale day (threw them back - I was just messing around). That was only once right when they went on sale - couldn't pull up anything after that.

I decided to wait (I'm a gambling man) and take my chances on Monday. Hopefully that wasn't a mistake because up until about 15 minutes ago I was pulling up GAs no problem. Now I can't pull up anything...:ohmy:

I just pulled up a pair of GAs.
My guess is you'll be fine next week.

Yes - it's still credit card only. Basically by waiting until Monday I'm saving $50 and any chance of tickets getting canceled due to multiple memberships.

Oh I see. I'm all confused anyway by it. I have tickets in Concourse 1, unable to sell or transfer them, not that I want to (unless I couldn't go for some reason).

Yet when you go to Ticketmaster for June 28 show, they have a ton of Re-sale tickets up. How is that possible if the whole venue is CC only? How are some people selling their tickets in the same area?

Oh I see. I'm all confused anyway by it. I have tickets in Concourse 1, unable to sell or transfer them, not that I want to (unless I couldn't go for some reason).

Yet when you go to Ticketmaster for June 28 show, they have a ton of Re-sale tickets up. How is that possible if the whole venue is CC only? How are some people selling their tickets in the same area?

Because ticketmaster basically bought the tickets from themselves and are selling it under another name.

I'm very surprised there's no second Gillette show, too. There always seems to be a second show. I'm going to New Jersey for a second show.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If there's no second show in fucking Dublin, there sure as shit isn't going to be one 40 minutes south of Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

From the desk of Live Nation......

More US dates will be announced next week. Philly 2, Toronto 2 and Raleigh. The band were debating to add a second Boston show because the US $ is much stronger than the Cdn $ but decided to give the home of Live Nation a second show. So my souces tell me. Band is also apparently considering Phoenix and Minneapolis instead of Las Vegas and Detroit. The band wanted to play the last concert at the Georgie Dome in Atlanta but talks fell through.

Friday May 12th Vancouver, BC – BC Place Stadium
Sunday May 14th Seattle, WA – CenturyLink Field
Wednesday May 17th San Francisco, CA – Levi's Stadium
Saturday May 20th Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl
Sunday May 21st Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl
Wednesday May 24th Houston, TX – NRG Stadium
Friday May 26th Dallas, TX – AT&T Stadium
Sunday May 28th Las Vegas – Sam Boyd Stadium
Wednesday May 31st Detroit, MI – Ford Field
Saturday June 3rd Chicago, IL – Soldier Field
Sunday June 4th Chicago, IL – Soldier Field
Wednesday June 7th Pittsburgh, PA – Heinz Field
Friday June 9th Raleigh, NC – Carter Finley Stadium
Sunday June 11th Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium
Wednesday June 14th Tampa, FL – Raymond James Stadium
Saturday June 17th Philadelphia, PA – Lincoln Financial Field
Sunday June 18th Philadelphia, PA – Lincoln Financial Field
Tuesday June 20th Washington, DC – FedEx Field
Thursday June 22nd Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Friday June 23rd Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Sunday June 25th Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
Wednesday June 28th E. Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
Thursday June 29th E. Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
Saturday July 1st Cleveland, OH – First Energy Stadium

Last edited:
I had no idea only one show in Dublin... now i'm even more confused.

More US dates will be announced next week. Philly 2, Toronto 2 and Raleigh. The band were debating to add a second Boston show because the US $ is much stronger than the Cdn $ but decided to give the home of Live Nation a second show. So my souces tell me. Band is also apparently considering Phoenix and Minneapolis instead of Las Vegas and Detroit. The band wanted to play the last concert at the Georgie Dome in Atlanta but talks fell through.

Friday May 12th Vancouver, BC – BC Place Stadium
Sunday May 14th Seattle, WA – CenturyLink Field
Wednesday May 17th San Francisco, CA – Levi's Stadium
Saturday May 20th Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl
Sunday May 21st Los Angeles, CA – Rose Bowl
Wednesday May 24th Houston, TX – NRG Stadium
Friday May 26th Dallas, TX – AT&T Stadium
Sunday May 28th Las Vegas – Sam Boyd Stadium
Wednesday May 31st Detroit, MI – Ford Field
Saturday June 3rd Chicago, IL – Soldier Field
Sunday June 4th Chicago, IL – Soldier Field
Wednesday June 7th Pittsburgh, PA – Heinz Field
Friday June 9th Raleigh, NC – Carter Finley Stadium
Sunday June 11th Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium
Wednesday June 14th Tampa, FL – Raymond James Stadium
Saturday June 17th Philadelphia, PA – Lincoln Financial Field
Sunday June 18th Philadelphia, PA – Lincoln Financial Field
Tuesday June 20th Washington, DC – FedEx Field
Thursday June 22nd Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Friday June 23rd Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre
Sunday June 25th Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium
Wednesday June 28th E. Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
Thursday June 29th E. Rutherford, NJ – MetLife Stadium
Saturday July 1st Cleveland, OH – First Energy Stadium
Dude... STOP.

You can't change your phony post when people call out the errors.

The "Georgie" Dome? It fell through? Yes, I'd imagine so, considering the dome is CLOSING IN MARCH, two months before the tour even begins.

What do you get out of trying to spread false information?

I just pulled up a pair of GAs.
My guess is you'll be fine next week.

I'm thinking so too. Ticketmaster must have been messing around earlier. For a good half hour or so in the morning I couldn't pull any kind of ticket. Then all of a sudden I could again. It was like they took everything off sale. I think scalpers may be shying away a little from the GAs due to the extra difficulty in selling them (I guess the CC entry thing does what it's supposed to do) and many presale codes are already used up so hopefully there will be more GAs available in the general sale than there was for Rose Bowl #1.

I'm thinking so too. Ticketmaster must have been messing around earlier. For a good half hour or so in the morning I couldn't pull any kind of ticket. Then all of a sudden I could again. It was like they took everything off sale. I think scalpers may be shying away a little from the GAs due to the extra difficulty in selling them (I guess the CC entry thing does what it's supposed to do) and many presale codes are already used up so hopefully there will be more GAs available in the general sale than there was for Rose Bowl #1.

And if you are not, be patient.
A Sunday night added show at the Rose Bowl? That show may set the all-time record for ticket drops.

Got my Green Boston GA tickets today. Green as in MONEY MONEY MONEY.

I decided to wait (I'm a gambling man) and take my chances on Monday. Hopefully that wasn't a mistake because up until about 15 minutes ago I was pulling up GAs no problem. Now I can't pull up anything...:ohmy:

I just had no problem getting 2 GAs for the added Chicago show. Hope you have the same luck in a couple hours.

Who else is going to Levi's stadium in Santa Clara? A friend got tickets the day they went out on sale, but unfortunately we have to sit all the way to the top.
My mom says that GA tickets are expensive, even though this is my first U2 show.

Remember that iffy $70 Red Zone ticket I was rambling about? Ticketmaster just updated the order history to include more details and now it mentions it..

59246-albums403-picture3062.jpg

Looking for get tix this morning for the Sunday Rose Bowl show. Are the $70 tickets GA only or are there seats that are also in the $70 range? Thanks.

Remember that iffy $70 Red Zone ticket I was rambling about? Ticketmaster just updated the order history to include more details and now it mentions it..

59246-albums403-picture3062.jpg
The words "Red Zone" bode well for you

but this makes it even more confusing...
"these are chairs with backs"

Back
Top Bottom