2012 AFL Thread V - Planning Our End of Season Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My very first meme!

679290.jpg

:lmao:

My god, what a useless player he is. I remember it was the Queen's Birthday match last season where Melbourne gained momentum and were playing well until he kicked the ball to a Collingwood player which then lead to an easy goal.

Love the media sensationalism.

The CEO says the club invited the AFL to have a look at whatever ...

While the media says 'the AFL raided'.

Gee the media are shitbags most of the time.

Nor can I.

Trade "week" ended pretty well. Bit more action! A. Edwards is a curious addition to our forward line. Hopefully we make more of a player out of him and he works well in rotation with Vickery and Riewoldt.

Huh, I could see the picture before but it's not showing up today.

Looks like they'll lose their picks.

Two other big things happened today. In wonderful news, Kyle Reimers, the biggest wanker in the game, was delisted.

In creepier news, Jason Gram was sacked. He was arrested on stalking charges following the breakup of a relationship.

Draw seems fine for us (expected to be harder after 2012) but we have an obscene amount of twilight matches. Ridiculous.

Huh, surprised Essendon's only got two of this year's top eight twice - Collingwood and West Coast.

Our run home in the last six rounds looks just as tough as this year.

Ours is tougher than nearly anyone's. A lot of good teams early on, no home games until round 10.

We should finish strong though, and playing St Kilda at Kardinia will be awesome.

Night games at Kardinia :drool:

I think Essendon's got off fairly easily ... much easier than North Melbourne, haha! Maybe it's for the best we didn't sneak into eighth.

That Richmond are "away" to StK at the MCG, yet the following week are "home" to Footscray at the Docklands, is utterly nonsensical.

Dat satisfaction (of being right along). I knew he would never make it, I knew he would go back to League. My prediction was it would be at the end of his four year contract, but it's come two years early. I kept telling people he would quit AFL, and they kept telling me I shouldn't be so harsh on him, that he would become a serviceable player.

Folau set to quit AFL, Eels lie in wait

Not surprised in the slightest. Why be a token AFL player when he can be an NRL star? Karmichael Hunt has made the transition far more successfully than Folau.

Good fucking riddance. Watch West Sydney's crowds drop by 50% now that the "celebrity" recruit has exited the club.

Not remotely surprised Folau's gone home... Surprised they let him out of his contract but I guess no one wants a player who doesn't want to be there. I guess he got his buttloads of cash and is content?

Hawks' draw looks like it starts out a bit rough but gets easier towards the middle of the year. Do they rig it so the higher-finishing teams of the previous year play other high-finishing teams more often?

Essendon vs WCE, Etihad, Aug 11

... we doin this??

Yes, we doin thangs.

Hawks' draw looks like it starts out a bit rough but gets easier towards the middle of the year. Do they rig it so the higher-finishing teams of the previous year play other high-finishing teams more often?

Yes, they've intentionally scheduled this year's top eight to play each other more next year, and likewise the bottom teams from this year play each other a bit more too - not that that's probably going to really help Melbourne or Port, but maybe they'll be flogged by 50 points instead of 500.

North Melbourne must be spewing they just scraped into the eight. They've copped one of the hardest draws of anybody. Edit: Which I just realised I already posted. Oh well. It's true!

The thing is though, if you're good enough, you'll win regardless. If you aren't good enough you'll fall down somewhere along the line anyway. It's impossible to get a perfect draw in this game.

Back
Top Bottom