2010 World Cup Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:huh: Brasil is out ?

I guess this World Cup is the graveyard of the big teams...who's left ? Germany and Argentina face each other so one of them goes out too.

it's only just occurring to me that the dutch apparently weren't favourites for this game.

i guess i was so certain about my pick for the netherlands to be #2 in the tournament i'd forgotten that brazil may, you know, be rated better.

:shifty: no juice for you :wink:

:hug:

brazil just seemed to lose their mettle tonight . . . and I have to admit I am a little stunned . . . hoping for netherlands to get up but thought brazil may have been insurmountable . . . am delighted to have been proven wrong :)

I knew that joke would come back to haunt me.

So it was really neat hearing Ruud Gullit comment after the game. He was so happy.

:cute: I wish I could listen to him now. I LOVE Ruud. He and Van Basten were my heroes in 1988 Euro. I would wake up in the middle of the night to watch the games even on school nights. My parents finally relented and let one of the small TVs in the house be moved to my room so I could just watch it in my room. I was over the moon when they beat the host Germany and then CCCP.

Back
Top Bottom