2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like phommel said, there's a soccer schedule problem everywhere, also in Amsterdam. Besides that, normally there would have been already lotsa rumors in The Netherlands if U2 was coming back... Nothing happening on the rumor front now. I guess the same goes for UK/Ireland.

I really really really don't believe this.

Two dates in Moscow is a bit more believable than Moscow + St. Petersburg, and not one single date on the British Isles is suspicious.
I'd love to be proved wrong though.

Actually I think this could be pretty accurate. Maybe not the whole list, but most of it seems logical from a LN/U2 business point-of-view. Also keep in mind that a lot of soccer stadiums won't be available from half August until end of leg.

Much as i would be happy for the people of Tel Aviv, I would rather see another Eastern European date around the 8-9th Sept. My little tour would end in Istanbul now i think

Amsterdam should have at least had three dates this year. That city could probably sell six or seven shows out throughout the course of the tour, if they really wanted to juice the market.

07/08/2010 - Roma, Italia
10/08/2010 - Frankfurt, Alemania
12/08/2010 - Hannover, Alemania
15/08/2010 - Horsens, Dinamarca
17/08/2010 - Oslo, Noruega
20/08/2010 - Helsinki, Finlandia
22/08/2010 - San Petersburgo
25/08/2010 - Moscú, Rusia
28/08/2010 - Praga, República Checa
30/08/2010 - Viena, Austria
03/09/2010 - Atenas, Grecia
06/09/2010 - Estambul, Turquía
09/09/2010 - Tel-Aviv, Israel
13/09/2010 - Zurich, Suiza
15/09/2010 - Munich, Alemania
18/09/2010 - París, Francia
21/09/2010 - Bruselas, Bélgica
24/09/2010 - Lyon, Francia
27/09/2010 - Madrid, España
29/09/2010 - Sevilla, España
02/10/2010 - Coimbra, Portugal

I think we could have additional shows in Rome, Moscow, Vienna, Tel Aviv, Paris, Brussels, Sevilla and Coimbra. Not saying they will, but it is possible.

These dates have not been confirmed.

I hope there will be a second Vienna show AFTER the first, but if Prague should be announced, I doubt it.

Rome, on the other hand, would be great, especially since it's a weekend.

Btw, for those considering going to the Munich show: The concert will be only a couple of days before the Oktoberfest starts, so make sure to get a hotel IN TIME. Last year I was in Munich around the same time for the Coldplay concert and it was almost impossible to get a hotel room three months in advance. I was lucky because someone cancelled and I got a room, still it was really stressful. I have a cousin living in Munich and I hope she lets me sleep in her place for two nights, but getting a hotel room will be very tough for that time of the year.

^yeah I heard that lots of italians are coming over because of the gig and the oktoberfest. so you should be really fast with booking etc.

So with those dates apparently confirmed, doesnt look good for us Northeastern folks in America. I cant imagine seein U2 outside in November in New England :sad:.
Will they come to the US before the Europe dates listed there?

So with those dates apparently confirmed, doesnt look good for us Northeastern folks in America. I cant imagine seein U2 outside in November in New England :sad:.
Will they come to the US before the Europe dates listed there?

US tour will be June-July 2010.

Amsterdam should have at least had three dates this year. That city could probably sell six or seven shows out throughout the course of the tour, if they really wanted to juice the market.

:agreed:

They could play an entire tour here and it would still sell out. :wink:

There are strong rumors the US leg will actually start in Mexico city in late May with two shows at Azteca Stadium.

Foxboro will not happen next year, sadly. East Rutherford, maybe one show at the new stadium. Both shows did sell out there this year. Foxboro didn't sell out. Didn't come close the second show. Montreal will be northern New England's chance of seeing a show, and southern New England will get to see the Meadowlands Stadium show or shows.

SMB

How do you all think the General On-Sales for cities like Montreal and Miami will be? Good chances on getting tix?

SMB

Foxboro will not happen next year, sadly. East Rutherford, maybe one show at the new stadium. Both shows did sell out there this year. Foxboro didn't sell out. Didn't come close the second show. Montreal will be northern New England's chance of seeing a show, and southern New England will get to see the Meadowlands Stadium show or shows.

SMB
what about UConn?

Since when has U2 done two stadium shows in Rome? Won't happen

SMB

Because it's their only Italian date in 2010?

Milan was the only date in 2009 and Italian fans love U2, so the shows sold out pretty fast. I'm sure they will easily be able to sell out two shows in Rome. A lot of people from central and southern Europe will be there and of course, many Italians. I know I'd go.

Has U2 ever done a tour in the US that didnt stop somewhere in the Boston area? Iv got to imagine if they come here again they will stop somewhere closer than Canada. They know so many people around here I cant see them ever skipping Boston.

Because it's their only Italian date in 2010?

Milan was the only date in 2009 and Italian fans love U2, so the shows sold out pretty fast. I'm sure they will easily be able to sell out two shows in Rome. A lot of people from central and southern Europe will be there and of course, many Italians. I know I'd go.
If it's the first European show of the year, a lot of other European U2 fans might be happy to travel there for 2 shows too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom