2010 FIFA World Cup! Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sets up pretty interesting, should Serbia beat Australia and Ghana win or draw with Germany, Serbia and Ghana progress and mighty Germany goes home.

Ghana showed their immaturity

They should have run run and run some more

Good for the aussies, they have one more point than I thought theyd have by the end of the first round

^he's been at it for 17yrs...wow. What the hell did he think he saw??

Btw that goal by Cameroon was awesome :up: Denmark needs to wake up

In other news, Nicolas Anelka has been kicked off the team after this halftime argument with Domenech:

une19062010_hd.jpg

If you don't speak French, Google Translate is your friend.

:wave:

thanks BlueEyedGirl and Outsider :) . . . still feels like a bad dream . . . and toscana, not sure if you're being sarcastic or not ( am floating on about 3 hours sleep here :wink: ) but :up: . . . they played their asses off and if they can beat Serbia at least we can hold our heads a little higher :) . . . if Ghana beat Germany I think we are in with a shot but sheesh . . . pigs might fly first :lol:

and Outsider . . . ditto . . . hello Denmark . . . anybody home . . . you'd think they were England at this rate :giggle:

Deary me... :(

This is where it gets hard, where no matter what we do against Serbia, our prospects of progression are dependent on other teams. Gonna be an exciting conclusion to Group D, as agonising as tonight was. Kewell's send off:| ... Though the penalty was there..

Kennedy provided a focal point in the second half that was missing in the opener against Deutschland.. Bresc threatened, as did Chipperfield and Rukavytsya when they came on.... It was almost a famous win to rival that against Japan four years ago...

:shifty:

It makes me giggle that the chicks invade this thread and :drool: . . . must be driving the fellahs nuts :giggle: . . . I have a keen appreciation for the skills involved in this game . . . but it sure doesn't hurt that the eye candy factory seems to spit out more than it's fair share of *treats* :D

:laugh: I was thinking the same thing about what the guys think.

I've watched every cup since I was 12 and love the game but the eye candy is a definite perk! :up:

:shifty:

It makes me giggle that the chicks invade this thread and :drool: . . . must be driving the fellahs nuts :giggle: . . . I have a keen appreciation for the skills involved in this game . . . but it sure doesn't hurt that the eye candy factory seems to spit out more than it's fair share of *treats* :D

Lol. I'll admit while I'm a sports junkie, I'm new to soccer. I am really starting to appreciate the sport, but yeah the eye candy is a definite bonus.

:wave:

thanks BlueEyedGirl and Outsider :) . . . still feels like a bad dream . . . and toscana, not sure if you're being sarcastic or not ( am floating on about 3 hours sleep here :wink: ) but :up: . . . they played their asses off and if they can beat Serbia at least we can hold our heads a little higher :) . . . if Ghana beat Germany I think we are in with a shot but sheesh . . . pigs might fly first :lol:

and Outsider . . . ditto . . . hello Denmark . . . anybody home . . . you'd think they were England at this rate :giggle:

No, not being sarcastic.

i honestly didn't think Australia would be good enough to get a point.

Ghana with a young team and man advantage against an 'old' team should have been making runs (off the ball as well as on) into the box rather than sit back and shoot as much as they did.

This is where they really missed Essien.

:up: cool . . . as the dust settles on todays match I am starting to appreciate how hard the aussies worked . . . and I really do think that they were just completely missing in that awful awful game against Germany . . . what the hell was verbeek thinking is a moot point now but he seems to have come to his senses in that game against Ghana and let them play the game they know :shrug: . . . onwards and upwards eh?

and agreed re Ghana :) sometimes a star player is needed just for the mental factor alone . . . think that's why I'm so impressed with the Aussies now . . . their mental game didn't sway despite the dodgy calls tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom