(12-02-2004) U2.Com Takes Off - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2.Com Takes Off

U2.Com is relaunched today - with a new look, new functionality and an action-packed 'Members' site.

As 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb' tops charts worldwide, our new site features Adam, Edge and Bono taking us through the tracks on the new record; an exclusive documentary on the making of the video for 'Vertigo'; and a look behind the scenes as Radio 1 broadcasts live from U2's Dublin studios.

Now hosting clips from more than sixty U2 videos, shows and appearances, the new site also features audio from every single and album track over 26 years.

The new site, which is faster than its predecessor also features a SEARCH function, offering easier access to navigate news and events over a quarter of a century of U2 history.

And the busiest U2 fan forum in the world returns after a short holiday - Zootopia is back with fans swapping views on everything from the new album to anticipating the 2005 Tour set list.

To read more on the new U2.com, visit: http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1163

Glad the new website is finally running. I really hope they'll solve the subscibtion problems soon. Many of us still can't get through the fanfire order system....

First I had to wait 2 weeks for my letter, then 1 week for the new website, and now?

The site looks like crap!

Tiny fonts, small white letters on a black background, small red letters on a black background.

Are they trying to make me go blind?

It didn't recognize my login either. I signed up for the membership on 11/21, and never received an email or anything verifying my subscription. I sent an email through the site to find out if they even received my order. Who knows...

I think the site looks fine, people are having problems viewing it unless they are using Internet Explorer. I joined this morning and can login with no problems.

'login with no problem'??? really??? i completed the datasheet...it didn't request a credit card number OR my propaganda card number either. i DID receive the welcome email..but nothing is valid until my credit card is verified...i'm confused!!!! Please let me know how 'you' were able to login--or did 'you' just join the free membership???
Thanks
Kelly

WendiGSD said:
It didn't recognize my login either. I signed up for the membership on 11/21, and never received an email or anything verifying my subscription. I sent an email through the site to find out if they even received my order. Who knows...

thats cuz the site wasn't ready then an deleted everyone that registered... i did the same... to fix the problem, i just re-registered with the same id as i did before.

i did the same... to fix the problem, i just re-registered with the same id as i did before.

...so are you saying that you PAID the fee and it accepted it?? 'where' did you put your credit card number?? are you able to 'login' as well???

I was trying to subscribe for the 40$ offer, but got only the free one... When I try to buy the subscribtion I can´t choose shipping method, and therefore gets stuck on one of the registration pages...

EXACTLY!!--me too! I'm frustrated!! i want to hear from the person that said he/she CAN log in! how did that person make this work?? like i said..i did receive the email that lists my username and password..but when i input those i get an error. Does anyone know someone at U2.com that can help us devoted U2 fans so we can FINALLY participate in the full membership!!

I subscribed last night with no problems. I just followed the "subscription" link on the first page, chose a user name/password, the next screen was shipping info and the last screen was credit card info. I got a confirmation number but no email...I was able to log in to the members area with no problem this morning.

I have no idea why its not working for some people :confused:

I have heard of some issues with Mozilla so I used IE to sign up.

ok---i will try again...however; what is 'mozilla and IE'..is that 'internet explorer' (sorry..i'm not on the internet much..bare with me)
thanks!!

kellystefanie said:
ok---i will try again...however; what is 'mozilla and IE'..is that 'internet explorer' (sorry..i'm not on the internet much..bare with me)
thanks!!

Yes, IE is internet explorer and Mozilla is another type of browser :)

weird...very weird. I tried to reenter...was told someone already had this userid/password (which is ME!) THEN..i tried to enter a new userid/password..i got an error after hitting 'next' and it said 'couldn't do it'.......so--what does this mean?? that i AM registered or that i'm just out of luck!!!

same here with me, the first time i entered my id etc. and hitted next, the site didn't go further, so i couldn't enter my credit card number etc.
The second time it said that there was already someone with my name. I received an email though that says i have a u2 com subscription (which is not the free site i think). so how can i get my creditcard number to them?

Well...if you try to 'login' with your email confirmation of the userid and password..i bet it won't work!...try it and let me know....because THEN i'm guessing that 'we' actually aren't considered members..which is a drag!

i can log in, but it seems that i am a "free site" member and that is not what i want and i can't see how to change my status.

Whenever I keep trying to subscribe, the thing takes forever to go from 1 page to the next and then it sends me to fanfire.com, saying that the transaction was ended to protect my privacy b/c of inactivity. What should I do, try to subscribe tomorrow?

I tried early this morning and now - never got to the point to put in my credit card - just freezes up - very frustrating:mad: :huh:

It never let me get to the credit card page. After I enter my prop code it takes me to fanfare. :mad:
when you guys enter your code do you enter u2pr before your code or just the code? And also is a credit card the only way to subcribe? I'm very leary of using my card on line.

I just got it!! It took several tries - got confirmation!!!!:laugh: Too bad it cost $40 - such a bad time of year to spend extra cash:| Oh Well

Well I gues I'm registered for free. Tried to subscribe but it says that it's busy and to please try subscribing later. I guess you have to wait in line to subscribe. Funny but I guess eventually I'll subscribe....:ohmy:

Phuzzie_the_camera_girl said:
gah it doesn't work in firefox :|

Hmmm.... I use Firefox and it's been working for me since yesterday morning.
I signed up no probs too...

Back
Top Bottom