(02-06-2004) Exclusive: More Album and Tour News - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
(02-06-2004) Exclusive: More Album and Tour News - Interference.com *

Exclusive: More Album and Tour News

Interference.com has received the following from a source with inside information on the next U2 album and tour.

"The next album is not finished, so now they're looking at a fall CD release (I'm hearing late Sept. or early Oct.). They'll back it up with a fast-and-furious round of promotional performances around
the globe through Christmas, followed by a roughly year-long tour in 2005. I have no idea if they will stick with arenas or return to stadiums for the tour. I expect they don't know yet either."

Who exactly is this source? Too much has been said about this already. Why don't make an official annoucement on their site? I don't understand why its so hard to do.

^ I agree. After all the rumors, there should be some official statement somewhere either denying or confirming them. On the other hand, a Sept. release will work quite well with my birthday!!lol

Last edited:
Right...nothing we didn't know, but sounds good to me! There's an actual target date, a little more specific than the last one, and plenty of time to save some $$$$ for a year-long tour in 2005!

Oh goodie......."inside information"......"unknown sources".........etc.
Put it all together and it comes out.........rumors as usual.
<yawn>

My band's going to go on tour with a little monkey wearing a top hat and spinning a cane.

Just thought you should know...

The band can't officially state a release date until the album is finished. That's why all we have is rumors.

I've resigned myself to waiting. If the album is as good as the rumors indicate, it will be worth it.

Im beginning to wonder if U2 has the same publicists as Ben and J-lo. Let us know when the cds are actually being shipped out:yawn:

Last edited:
Last week in October! This is going to be ATYCLB II and Elevation Tour II, with a harder edge of course.

Sorry they're not going to announce what they are not completely sure of at this point. Once the album is finished and plans are set in stone, then we'll get info. Until then we'll just have to sit tight.

updates

i dont understand why they keep everything behind closed doors. they should have weekly updates or something along that line.

STING2 said:
Last week in October! This is going to be ATYCLB II and Elevation Tour II, with a harder edge of course.

1. I agree about atyclb and elevation part2, because they are so chicken shit to do anything different at this point and risk losing their popularity.

2. harder edge? won't believe it till I hear it.

Yeah well I want to know who this sourse who keeps giving information to us fans. Is this source an inside works for principle management?? inside source from interference? or is this a fan that happened to bump into Bono and company and ask about the information? hello.. why dont this source reveal his or her self and stop with this telling us this and that! Im about tired of rumors, unless something is released by U2 managment then I DO NOT BELIEVE IT! EVEN IF COMES FROM BONO'S MOUTH!!!!!1

Last edited:
good i hope they tour in 2005, because my debt will be paid off and I will be able to afford seeing them in another part of the world with out filling guilty :up:

dsmith2904 said:
They'll back it up with a fast-and-furious round of promotional performances around
the globe through Christmas, followed by a roughly year-long tour in 2005.

I guess this means they know that they have some major kissing up to do for us fans. Mmmm...I also think they know that they have pissed us off and they are afraid to come out and say something. But I could be wrong. Bono is still not afraid to meet and greet fans. But I'm sure as a fan approaches him he's saying to himself while crossing his fingers, "Don't ask about the new album, don't ask about the new album, don't ask about the new album..."

Justified said:
good i hope they tour in 2005, because my debt will be paid off and I will be able to afford seeing them in another part of the world with out filling guilty :up:

:der: hi my name is Iris, and I cannot spell worth a damn. haha goodness what an idiot i am. sorry i had to make a post to laugh at my misspelling. that should be FEELING!!!!!! :der: :der: :der: :reject:

oh and headache, chizip's sources are about as reliable as his St. Louis teams. :wink:

I am not disappointed from the fact that the album is late. But there is something that makes me disappointed and this is that since all comments on how good the album would be or on what a good mood the band was in etc were made so early comparing to the album being released, we cannot be sure at all that this is really true.

We all know that until the very end, you cannot be sure of what an album sounds like... And now we're going to base our hopes for a GREAT sound on statements made even 2 years before the album? :(

I am going to need the time to save the $$. I have to make a three hour drive to Atlanta, and I really hate doing it all in one night. It's easier to stay in a hotel.

Okay, I'm confused and really, don't know what to believe. I just picked up the February Q magazine and it has in there as coming out in Spring. I'm not sure that I'm understanding who has the right info. Anyone?:(

Zooropa man said:
Okay, I'm confused and really, don't know what to believe. I just picked up the February Q magazine and it has in there as coming out in Spring. I'm not sure that I'm understanding who has the right info. Anyone?:(

The February issue was probably put together back in December, was then distributed in January, and now you have your copy. I think that the news of the delay of the new album was out after they printed the magazine.

more frustration, these rumors are killing me. If they moved it back, like someone mentioned prior to this post, I guess its worth if all the rumors about how good this album is going to be are true. The only thing is Bono recently said their basically finished with the album, it takes this long to put on the finishing touches? It's confusing, I hope the group didnt have a setback making this CD that is supposed to "burn down all their previous works..."

I think its still gonna be an amazing CD, they haven't let me down yet...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom