eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah im guessing around 70 euros for GA and about 150-200 euros for best seats.

Think i will use pre-sale for one ticket for Copenhagen and then for one in Dublin. Last time around you could get 2 tickets for separate gigs. Should be same this time?

Last edited:

Think I'm gonna hold off for Belfast , only holds 10k. Keep my pre sale code for that Try my luck on the general sale for London and Manchester

Wondering if ticket prices on the europe leg will be as high. Usually they are lower than in the US it seems.

Lower than the US for the top priced seats but still bloody expensive.
Top price for Amsterdam seats is 205 euro ,Manchester is £190 .

"all new super high-res LED screen nine-times the resolution of the 2015 screen"

So they basically took the JT30 type panels and put them on the cage. Points for not just using the existing tech from I+e, though it would've been fine.

Saw that blurb as well. Clearly that’s why they had to raise the ticket prices. :rolleyes: :wink:

So tired of them listing only 1 Amsterdam date so far, you know it's gonna be two, and now ill have to save a code again and participate in _another_ presale a week later. Pointless.

where are you seeing prices?
Ticketmaster.nl site says tickets are in the range of 38.50-205.00 EUR.

Paris prices are between 40.00 and 216.00 €

not sure if i will be around for those dates though, will see..

They could easily do another 30 show arena leg in 2019, based solely on cities left out of this tour.

Glasgow
Birmingham
Belgium
Montpellier
Switzerland
Vienna
Zagreb
Athens
Budapest
Bologna
Munich
Frankfurt
Prague
Poland
Riga
Helsinki
Oslo
Stockholm

Each city could do 2 nights at least. Plus they can always add a couple gigs in Amsterdam, Dublin, London, Paris to fill out the schedule. They always underplay Europe. It's kinda pointless to do an arena tour in Europe, when they could easily book 40-50 stadiums and sell out every show.

They could easily do another 30 show arena leg in 2019, based solely on cities left out of this tour.

Glasgow
Birmingham
Belgium
Montpellier
Switzerland
Vienna
Zagreb
Athens
Budapest
Bologna
Munich
Frankfurt
Prague
Poland
Riga
Helsinki
Oslo
Stockholm

Each city could do 2 nights at least. Plus they can always add a couple gigs in Amsterdam, Dublin, London, Paris to fill out the schedule. They always underplay Europe. It's kinda pointless to do an arena tour in Europe, when they could easily book 40-50 stadiums and sell out every show.

that's random! why Montpellier? have they ever played there?

12 concerts last summer for Europe was criminal ,they played almost 30 in the US.
Europe has always been good to them unlike the US which almost broke them for Popmart.

Whats the obsession with the US ,is it the simple fact they can charge more per ticket and the Americans buy more of the junk VIP seats ??

They are only playing big markets on the tour in Europe ,big cities with alot of wealth .
They probably want to play cities where they are guaranteed to be able to sell out at least two nights so they choose the least risky cities.

12 concerts last summer for Europe was criminal ,they played almost 30 in the US.
Europe has always been good to them unlike the US which almost broke them for Popmart.

Whats the obsession with the US ,is it the simple fact they can charge more per ticket and the Americans buy more of the junk VIP seats ??

They are only playing big markets on the tour in Europe ,big cities with alot of wealth .
They probably want to play cities where they are guaranteed to be able to sell out at least two nights so they choose the least risky cities.

In all fairness, one of the challenges with Europe is arena size; there just aren't that many arenas in Europe that are 16,000+
Somebody above mentioned Glasgow; that arena holds about 12,000; that's just too small for the band at this point.
I was surprised that they didn't play more JT stadium shows, especially with the demand, but I do understand why they are limited as to the arenas they can play with this set up

that's random! why Montpellier? have they ever played there?

Because Montpellier has a fairly new arena of appropriate size, it's basically the only one in the southern half of France they could play. Also, they played Montpellier in 87 and 97.

It's true Europe just doesn't have the arena infrastructure that NA has. Playing arenas in Europe for U2 is like trying to sweep an airport hanger with a toothbrush. You can work hard at it for weeks and get it done, but a giant push broom would've done the job in a day.

I think one reason why they have more dates in the US is that it is just one country with the same rules and logistics wherever you go. So it is much easier to do a tours like U2's there. Even with EU you have different countries to deal with in Europe. That's another reason i can think of. But they should play more dates in the countries that they go to though.

Also like mentioned the US has tons of big Ice hockey arenas that are modern, even in smaller cities. And they have huge NFL and College stadiums in every state basically. Europe usually have stadiums that are older in age as well even if they are big, many of them are from the 50' - 70's. We have very few Wembley caliber stadiums in Europe where they got alot of new NFL stadiums in the billion dollar category.

Last edited:
Because Montpellier has a fairly new arena of appropriate size, it's basically the only one in the southern half of France they could play. Also, they played Montpellier in 87 and 97.

ahh ok, cool!

(well they play Nice in the south as well though, oh yeah, but that's a stadium i guess)

I could understand the point with the arenas size but .... on Joshua Tree we had very few shows and realistically nothing stops U2 from presenting a different scenario in Europe to go outdoor.

There will be added shows no worries TM do this all time where Dublin will get 4/5 even maybe 6 shows easy
Problem is we'll all spend loads of money to get tix for the English shows then they'll add a couple of Scottish gigs. It's a really crap way of doing things and shafts fans.

I was really hoping for another Hydro show 1 the best Arenas ive been too but Scotland aint going its just my guess tho.

Kevin Bridges has like 18 shows there 4th / 28th Oct not saying it cant be done but the timings not good

I guess there is a good chance of midweek Scottish shows to be added inbetween weekend Belfast & Dublin shows.

Scottish fans have a had a raw deal going back to 2001 when the Elevation SECC shows were added as an aftertought.

Back
Top Bottom