2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VI :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by last unicorn
Someone on another board said the real trouble with The Troubles (stupid pun, but it fits) might have been Bono having a hard time trying to stay in sync with the video and the band playing. From the videos of Vancouver I that I saw it indeed seems that he's struggling a bit. Maybe they can try and play the alternative version without having to feature a video of Lykke Li where Bono has to sing along.

I think the actual problem with The Troubles is, as good of a song as it is, it's not that great of a song to drop inot the middle of a setlist and in my opinion it would be a terrible way to close the show. So where do you put it. I just think the ral problem is it doesn't fit in a concert setting. It could probably work great in a one off performance for tv or something though. I just don't see how you slide it inot the set and not kill the vibe of the show. It's too somber and it's not well known enough. My guess is the band realized this after they played it in Vancouver

exactly.

the song they played instead of The Troubles was Bad... which features a backing track, and is generally considered to be one of their hardest songs to sing.

i think they didn't like the way it went over with the crowd at the first show and have gotten nervous. we know full well that they are nervous nellies.

The Struggles

I'd swear up and down that on one of the Vancouver streams I heard Bono prattle on about America in a way I thought was odd for Canada, but I am really really drunk so it might've just b een for Hands./

Who the fuck whants to hear Hands go hom e

Seriously Hands?!?!

whyyyyy

i mean there's ufucking Exit and OTH and ASOH and LWTSH and P[leaeer and shit why do you hate yourslef

If you keep complaining maybe they'll add a snippet. That apparently happens, or so I've read on the interwebs

ffuck sorry man

Maybe if we're lucky there'll be some fucking snippet of some new song nobody wactually ewanted to hear except for three very loud people on this forum

YEAH LUCIFER'S HAnndSS AND BONG FOR SOMEONE THAT'S WHT WE ALL WANTSED TO HEAR RATHER THAN FUCKING MOFO OR WIRE OR TWILIGHT THAT'S TOTALLY COOL

ok so this drunkposting thing

Or maybe they should make it Pong For Someone

pong-time.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom