2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way those can be primo seats unless you consider "primo" to have a view of the bands backs. Even if the stage were at the other end of the ACC (which it NEVER is), these seats would be very far away at the opposite end of the rink. Either way, it's a joke.

In looking at the seating chart, how can you tell which side looks at the band's backs? It's not possible to know from these Ticketmaster seating charts where the band will be located. I think some people are thinking that U2 is set up where the red Zone is, but that's apparently not the case. They most likely are going to be in the middle or rotating back and forth across that stage.

i dunno. i can see the complaints about $300 to sit in the balcony, but in this day and age i don't think that $300 for a lower-level seat is *that* outrageous, especially to see a massive band in a relatively intimate setting. anyone seen a Broadway show lately? noticed that your cable+internet is likely pushing $200 a month? or that i paid $350 to see Madonna because, hey, she could be dead soon and why not?

shit is outrageous when there's a monopoly, and it isn't a free market it's a fixed market, but it does seem that the presale for the fans generally did work out the way it was supposed to, and most of the diehards are going to go for GA's, which i suspect the band wants because they'll feed off the crazies and rail skanks, and the rest will sort of work itself out. i suspect the band could play for free and the prices would change little, because TM (which is a criminal organization, no argument there) would just make that much more.

i guess i should probably check my privilege, but for a band that tours once every 4-5 years, it's not *that* outrageous to pay a few hundred bucks for a concert -- i'm less concerned about the actual cost than about the extortionist TM practices. i take the point that there's often travel and hotel involved, especially in a limited tour geographically, but that's far more expensive than the price difference between a GA and a $300 seat.

this is the logical endpoint of rock and roll, essentially, when you have hundreds of thousands of people who want a chance to be in the presence of some of the most famous and successful people in their genre in history (U2, Madonna, Springsteen). there weren't as *many* music fans in 1987, or 1978, and prices were cheaper to make going to concerts more appealing, which definitely increased a band like U2's mass appeal, and ensured that those people would continue to go to concerts (and bring their children to concerts) for the next 30 years. and that they would grow up and get jobs and make money and still be fans.

i think the band wants GA's to be a "deal" for their superfans who belong to the fanclub, and they let the market sort out the rest to an extent.

it's kind of sucky, but it's kind of a different world.

Nice one. :up: I'm grateful that they have continued to keep GAs affordable. I do question the wisdom of selling upper level tickets for $300 as they did in Toronto, but in the grand scheme of things: 1) I'm not that bothered by it; and 2) I'm pretty sure that the band did not sit there and debate what they would charge for every section in every arena, pretty sure that decision was left to others to judge, and given the fact that the vast majority of them have sold, looks like they called it correctly.

How is it "in the round" when the stage is at one end? The stage is *not* in the middle of the floor.

The stage stretches from 1 end of the floor to the other. Which seasting chart are you looking at? I am going from the one that Ticketmaster US has been using that shows 1 long stage that cuts down the middle of floor with the Red Zone set off to 1 side, like it was on 360.

Plus Ticketmaster states that it is in the round:

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015

SAP Center at San Jose, San Jose, CA
Tue, May 19, 2015 07:30 PM
Details: U2
Please Note: Note: This Concert is in the Round.

I know there were earlier seating charts that showed what looked like stages at either end of this long stage, but that's not what is showing on Ticketmaster.

I noticed you are in Ontario, so I checked what Ticketmaster is showing for the Toronto concerts and it's the same long, rectangular stage cutting down the middle. There is no indication of either end having a larger stage, rather the entire long thing is the stage. U2 have said they are going to do something that hasn't been done before so I think they are being vague on how this stage will work to have some surprises.

Ticketmaster is a loathsome entity...even worse than Comcast, IMO. Both have the worst customer service and most cynical pricing scams ever.

TM knows exactly how to get every Dollar, Euro and Pound out of every ticket. You'll have paid 240 and the bloke next to you might have paid 60 for essentially the same seat.

The pricing on this tour sucks. People who are saying that it's priced no differently than 360 are ignoring the fact that there were a LOT more inexpensive 360 seats to go around. Yeah, there are cheap seats for this tour, but so few of them to almost make it meaningless except to the most lucky and diligent (like CK). 300 USD for upper tier seats that went for less than 50.00 @ 360? Give me a break. I'm not short of cash, but I despise the whole way this is unfolding. I have a friend, a public school teacher who has been a fan since War and has been on every tour since TUF, and he's passing on this one b/c he just can't afford it. And he's not really that disappointed...just perfectly content to wait for the Blu-Ray rather than deal with all this. Hopefully he'll be able to pick up some cheaper seats on later leg.

I got the tix for Boston and London I wanted, and will probably end up going to the Auckland show(s) assuming they get down there this time, but the experience left a bad taste in my mouth. And if I didn't think the alternate Innocence and Experience themed nights was all just talk, I'd probably be annoyed at that as well.

Ticketmaster is a loathsome entity...even worse than Comcast, IMO. Both have the worst customer service and most cynical pricing scams ever.

TM knows exactly how to get every Dollar, Euro and Pound out of every ticket. You'll have paid 240 and the bloke next to you might have paid 60 for essentially the same seat.

The pricing on this tour sucks. People who are saying that it's priced no differently than 360 are ignoring the fact that there were a LOT more inexpensive 360 seats to go around. Yeah, there are cheap seats for this tour, but so few of them to almost make it meaningless except to the most lucky and diligent (like CK). 300 USD for upper tier seats that went for less than 50.00 @ 360? Give me a break. I'm not short of cash, but I despise the whole way this is unfolding. I have a friend, a public school teacher who has been a fan since War and has been on every tour since TUF, and he's passing on this one b/c he just can't afford it. And he's not really that disappointed...just perfectly content to wait for the Blu-Ray rather than deal with all this. Hopefully he'll be able to pick up some cheaper seats on later leg.

I got the tix for Boston and London I wanted, and will probably end up going to the Auckland show(s) assuming they get down there this time, but the experience left a bad taste in my mouth. And if I didn't think the alternate Innocence and Experience themed nights was all just talk, I'd probably be annoyed at that as well.

The worst $300 ticket for this tour is still putting you much closer to the stage than most of the $300 tickets for 360. No $50 seated ticket for 360 is anywhere as close as any seat will be in these arenas. I'm not defending them charging $300, but they did it on 360 for seats that were so far away from the stage. They were playing places 50,000-80,000 seats for 360 and now it is more like 15-20,000 per night. The only people close to the band on 360 were those on the floor, whereas for $300 on this tour, you can be very close.

I don't see one single resolution on that thread. :|

Sent from my ass crack

Maybe that asshole drummer with the sourpuss on his face - what's his name? Lance? will make another comment bashing fans

From Zoomods on Twitter.

@U2comZooMods: PRESALE reminders (multiple tweets coming) #1 Renewing your membership WILL NOT give you another code, it will just extended your sub

@U2comZooMods: #2 if you used your code in the last presale, its USED and cannot be used (Exception: you only bought 1 tix, so you may buy 1 more)

@U2comZooMods: #3 If you bought tix in last presale: Do not use the same CC, or a diff. CC (with = billing address) or you risk having your tix cancelled

@U2comZooMods: #4 If you just bought a membership, your presale code will appear in the TOUR page of U2 > Home

@U2comZooMods: #5 Make sure to clear cookies/cache and have your updated info in your ticketing agency account

@U2comZooMods: #6 Many people had success purchasing tickets by using Tm phone app (US only) or calling ticketing agency

@U2comZooMods: #7 Some venues have CC entry for GA (paperless) , find out if this is the case for your venue, as no transfer are allowed (as of right now)

@U2comZooMods: #8 Unused codes can be used for this presale. If you do not use them THEY WILL be valid for any presales that may (or may not) come up ;-)

@U2comZooMods: #9 Unused codes from PREVIOUS tours are no longer valid

@U2comZooMods: #10 All presales start at NOON local venue time

@U2comZooMods: #11 Trying to use a previously used code will result in getting your tickets cancelled, don't do it. #nocheating

@U2comZooMods: #12 any issues with codes, immediately contact us via this account AND go to Zootopia, post there and PM all 3 mods (baja.bigwave.max)

@U2comZooMods: #13 All previous tweets pertain to U2 > Home PRESALES, the mods cannot help with public/general sales. @U2comZooMods: We have been advised that households sharing cc/bilking address need to talk to TM to sort out. Currently updating FAQ with contact #

@U2comZooMods: Important: if tix cancelled due to same Cc/billing plz contact ticket agency been told they have tix to reinstate ord. Document all!

The stage stretches from 1 end of the floor to the other. Which seasting chart are you looking at? I am going from the one that Ticketmaster US has been using that shows 1 long stage that cuts down the middle of floor with the Red Zone set off to 1 side, like it was on 360.

Plus Ticketmaster states that it is in the round:

U2 iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015

SAP Center at San Jose, San Jose, CA
Tue, May 19, 2015 07:30 PM
Details: U2
Please Note: Note: This Concert is in the Round.

I know there were earlier seating charts that showed what looked like stages at either end of this long stage, but that's not what is showing on Ticketmaster.

I noticed you are in Ontario, so I checked what Ticketmaster is showing for the Toronto concerts and it's the same long, rectangular stage cutting down the middle. There is no indication of either end having a larger stage, rather the entire long thing is the stage. U2 have said they are going to do something that hasn't been done before so I think they are being vague on how this stage will work to have some surprises.

That long gray rectangle is a placeholder for the real setup. The actual setup is more than likely a stage at one end, a long catwalk, and a round B stage at the other. There were pics circulating at multiple points throughout various threads in this forum. Someone here can repost, I'm sure.

There is also talk that the stage will look very similar to the logo on the band website. Ie -- a long stage at one end and a round "e" to make the I and the e.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

That long gray rectangle is a placeholder for the real setup. The actual setup is more than likely a stage at one end, a long catwalk, and a round B stage at the other. There were pics circulating at multiple points throughout various threads in this forum. Someone here can repost, I'm sure.

There is also talk that the stage will look very similar to the logo on the band website. Ie -- a long stage at one end and a round "e" to make the I and the e.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I saw those designs as well, but had anyone confirmed that that design is being used? Ticketmaster is stating on the San Jose pages that the concert is in the round, which would imply that U2 could be based primarily in the middle of that long stage If I'm not mistaken, that rectangle is our only official seating chart, but who knows?

If the main stage was at the end where the Red Zone sections are, then it appears that those sections would be in front of all the regular general admission ticket holders, which is completely different than last time. I don't think they would do that. They know fans camp out over night to get in the front and they feed off the energy of those excited fans, not the people who paid a lot more and can walk into their sections right before it starts.

Maybe this question has been asked and answered already...

I had a code for the first presale and my wife used it to buy 2 tix. Easy peesey.
She's never been a U2.com member.

Should I have my wife get a subscription to participate in the new presale on 12/10?
We live together- so have = billing addresses. Do we risk having tix cancelled?

I had a code for the first presale and my wife used it to buy 2 tix. Easy peesey.

Should I have my wife get a subscription to participate in the new presale on 12/10?

My wife and I are each members. She had Experience and mine was Innocence. We purchased tickets for different shows on different credit cards with the same billing address and we each used our already existing separate Ticketmaster accounts. So far, our tickets are fine and I hope it remains that way. It seems a lot of the problems with cancellations are people buying 4 tickets to the same show with 2 different codes.

If you decide to do it, I would use a different credit card. It's best to have as many things different as possible.

Yes. Use a different address for everything related to the second subscription and ticket purchase. A different credit card with a different billing address - change it temporarily till the order goes through to a friend or family member you trust. Change your TM account info to match.

I've also heard people talk of TM checking ip addresses, but personally, I can't see them going to those lengths. However, if you want to be cautious, make the second purchase on a mobile phone using the TM app on the network, not your wifi.

I've read some of the posts about cancelled orders and I'm not sure if IP address is factoring into it and I also don't know if U2.com is supplying Ticketmaster with any info. It seems from what I've read that Ticketmaster is just doing what they always do with hot concerts, which is to make sure that people didn't exceed the posted limits In this case, they view 2 separate codes from the same household being used for the same concert as breaking the rules, even though I don't think U2.com explained this. Their explanation of how we can use it doesn't take into account families with 2 members wanting to have 4 tickets for the same show.

I've read some of the posts about cancelled orders and I'm not sure if IP address is factoring into it and I also don't know if U2.com is supplying Ticketmaster with any info. It seems from what I've read that Ticketmaster is just doing what they always do with hot concerts, which is to make sure that people didn't exceed the posted limits In this case, they view 2 separate codes from the same household being used for the same concert as breaking the rules, even though I don't think U2.com explained this. Their explanation of how we can use it doesn't take into account families with 2 members wanting to have 4 tickets for the same show.

Exactly. Maybe it's overkill to change the billing address, but it only takes a minute to do, and you don't have to deal with the hassle of arguing with TM to get your tickets reinstated after they've cancelled them.

My code is iNNOCENCE. It will be possible to buy tickets tomorrow or just Thursday?

In Ticketmaster page it shows just "U2.com Subscriber Presale & VIP Packages" for tomorrow 10am local time, not specify if iNNOCENCE or eXPERIENCE.

From U2.com:

Pre-sale schedule for U2.com Subscribers this week:
Wednesday, Dec 10 - 10am (local) - Pre-sales open for eXPERIENCE Group
Thursday, Dec 11 - 12noon EST (North America) or 10am local (Europe) - pre-sales open for iNNOCENCE Group
Friday, Dec 12 - 12noon (local) - Pre-sales end
Monday, Dec 15 - Public on sale

I guess presales - eXPERIENCE group (tomorrow) - is so easy, no?

And presales - iNNOCENCE group (Thursday) - is it as hard as general sales?

Ticketmaster had a lot of website issues the day of the eXPERIENCE group, the first time. I think most people eventually got what they wanted, but it took some time. I got GAs in the iNNOCENCE group with no problem. If I had to guess, I'd say there would probably be a little less demand for them this time, because most people have used their codes.

Ticketmaster had a lot of website issues the day of the eXPERIENCE group, the first time. I think most people eventually got what they wanted, but it took some time. I got GAs in the iNNOCENCE group with no problem. If I had to guess, I'd say there would probably be a little less demand for them this time, because most people have used their codes.

What is harder...GA or lower seat (premium seat)? And regarding Red Zone, are they the most wanted?

What is harder...GA or lower seat (premium seat)? And regarding Red Zone, are they the most wanted?

GA is always more in demand, and there are fewer of them. Not sure about Red Zone, I've never tried for those, but there are very few of them. According to the San Jose seating plan, it looked like there were only 50 per side being sold for each show, but that number could be tentative.

I bet the experience group this time will have no troubles since there will be so few codes and hopefully the TM issues have been worked out. We had tons of trouble using my friend's experience code the first time (but got the GAs we wanted), then zero trouble using my innocence code to get my two GAs, and also an easy and fairly quick time getting 2 more GAs in the general sale.

I bet the experience group this time will have no troubles since there will be so few codes and hopefully the TM issues have been worked out. We had tons of trouble using my friend's experience code the first time (but got the GAs we wanted), then zero trouble using my innocence code to get my two GAs, and also an easy and fairly quick time getting 2 more GAs in the general sale.

I really hope you're theory is right Lies! Will be trying for an Innocent GA on Thursday for MSG!

Sent from my ass crack

Do you guys think Barcelona will have two additional dates? I upgraded my sub yesterday cause I didn't get GA's in general sale. So sad. :(

Id say its 99.9% certain they will get another two dates. There's two date's penciled in anyway.

After they sell out next monday i think they will announce extra dates on the tuesday and they will go through the same process as this week with the pre sales. Along with two more london dates hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom