August 20 and 21, 2010 - Olympic Stadium, Helsinki, Finland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Thanks for the information, hcbiggs2002! I`ve read some articles in Finnish too and I find it quite amusing how someone from Lippupiste said that ticket sales went smoothly and that nobody has complained ;)

I`m also one of those who bought tickets on Friday but got a cancellation e-mail the next day. I sent them a complaint right away and *politely* told them about a binding contract. I didn`t know anything about Finnish consumer laws, I just used logic and common sense, hehe
Anyway, I never got a reply, but I just checked my bank account and they´ve refunded the money today (the date of their transaction is 6th October but I guess it takes a few days to complete the payment).

I managed to buy new GA tickets on Monday morning as well, or at least I think so, because they charged my credit card again and sent an order confirmation. I haven´t received a cancellation e-mail for those tickets yet, so I`m hoping to actually receive them soon :)

By the way, someone from Lippupiste`s Customer Service posted a message (in Finnish) on their message board on lippu.fi that they will start delivering the tickets next week. The tickets will be sent from Germany (I`m guessing that`s because Eventim is a German company?) by standard mail. So look out for the mailman in the next few weeks ;)

P.S. Tervehdys to my dear neighbours up North :wave:

Hi there iff133, welcome to interference! :wave: And yes, I do know that our tickets are coming all the way from Germany coz, as you guessed right, eventim is a German company. I bought tickets through eventim, at the beginning of this year, for U2s Berlin show in July and they took 3 weeks to arrive. :wink:

But thanks for the info about when eventim will be sending our tickets! :up: So they'll be sending them by regular post this time eh, coz last time they sent the Berlin tickets via DHL and they sent me an email with a code number and a link so I could follow the progress of my tickets! :hmm:

That`s the message from Lippupiste:

"U2 lippujen toimituksesta

Asiakkaille, jotka ostivat lippuja U2 konserttiin nettikaupasta, aloitetaan lippujen toimitus viikolla 42. Liput tulevat Saksasta normaalina postilähetyksenä.
Puhelimitse tilatut liput toimitetaan myös viikon 42 aikana.

Red Zone liput noudetaan noutokoodilla tapahtumapaikalta konserttipäivänä.
- Lippupiste asiakaspalvelu
"

But maybe this standard mail delivery only goes for 6 and 10 euro fees and those who paid 35 euros will get their tickets by DHL or UPS or sth? Lippupiste has only given delivery information for their Finnish customers so far. I can´t really imagine why would they ask 35 euros for standard mail delivery... But who knows...

But maybe this standard mail delivery only goes for 6 and 10 euro fees and those who paid 35 euros will get their tickets by DHL or UPS or sth? Lippupiste has only given delivery information for their Finnish customers so far. I can´t really imagine why would they ask 35 euros for standard mail delivery... But who knows...

Well my Berlin tickets delivery costs were only €5,90 and, as I said, they were delivered via DHL! And Eventim charge €35 for delivery outside Europe, but which I agree is very steep for standard delivery!! :tsk:

By the way, some people on the u2.com message board said they had to pay €35 for delivery to Latvia and Ireland (the system automatically changed €10 to €35), so it`s not only outside Europe! :ohmy: Outch! They said Eventim charges higher fees when sending tix to a country where there`s no Eventim service and they use DHL there. I guess I`m lucky that they "only" asked me €10 then! Oh well, as long as I get my tickets I`m happy :)

I managed to buy new GA tickets on Monday morning as well, or at least I think so, because they charged my credit card again and sent an order confirmation.
That's the smart way to do it. There's still tickets available right now. That's probably why too many people haven't complained. It's still easy to just go buy new tickets.

That's the smart way to do it. There's still tickets available right now. That's probably why too many people haven't complained. It's still easy to just go buy new tickets.

The tickets appear to be available but if you try to add them to the basket, you`ll get an error message on the next page, so you can`t really buy them. That`s the way it has been for days. Very strange!

Just had a look and there are Red Zone tickets left! I tried to add 2 to my shopping basket and this time it actually went through without the error page. So anyone who wants them, be quick!!! I want the GA tickets I bought Friday night so will argue with Lippupalvelu with the help of the consumer law people.

Well, I just checked both u2.com and lippu.fi and now they're both saying that the concert is finally completely sold out and the links to the buying page have been taken down from both sights.

SWL I'm surprised that you were able to still get Red zone tickets this morning!?! :ohmy: Coz the stadium was all but a few wheelchair places for €92, sold out already on Monday! All I can conclude is that a couple of people must have canceled their tickets!?! :shrug:

I just checked too and now there seem to be seats, Red Zone and wheelchair tickets available. You can`t access the shopping basket from lippu.fi`s home page, use this link: Lippu.fi
I don´t know if you can still add them, I tried but they kept telling me to wait 30 seconds all the time, so I gave up (I`ve had enough stress with my own tickets already, hehe).
SWL, good luck with your complaint and let us know how it went :)

*edit* got an error page again after adding the tickets to the basket..

Sorry, I used the same link as Iff133.
I am able to add (still) the red zone tickets to the basket without the error message.

edit. only red zone tickets can be added to the basket without the error message.

I got an e-mail today from Lippupiste that my tickets will arrive tomorrow by DHL! They gave me a tracking number so I can trace my delivery (today at 5 pm it was in Bremen). So they are using DHL after all and not standard mail as Lippupiste wrote on their message board last week... Can´t wait to get them :hyper:

Lucky you! :) I`m still stalking my order on DHL`s website (last record: left DHL`s office in Helsinki at 09.50), LOL
Looks like it`s standard mail for Finnish customers only then!
By the way.. There will be a second concert in Helsinki on August 21st, it`s confirmed!!!

Lucky you! :)
By the way.. There will be a second concert in Helsinki on August 21st, it`s confirmed!!!

Yeah, I just heard about this on u2.com! :faint: This time I'll have to rely on the public sale, I just hope it's not going to be same a disaster as last time!! :pray:

Although I did by a couple of extra tickets behind the stage for concert one, which I was initially thinking of selling but could now just swap them for another GA ticket for concert two! :hmm:

Ah this is sooooo great! :yippie: :happydance: :loveshower:

So has anyone here taken part in the Helsinki 2 pre-sales? And did you get the tickets you wanted? :hmm:

As I said in one of my previous posts, I'm going to have to rely on the public sale tomorrow, although I don't know how well I'm going to do coz of a previous engagement that I can't get out of, just at the time when the tickets are suppose to go on sale at 9:00 am, I won't be anywhere near a computer until around mid-day and I can't get to any of the box offices in Kuopio, where the tickets would be on sale, on time!! :scream:

I can only hope that there's still some sort of tickets available by the time I get back online tomorrow!?! :pray: Or that I'm able to trade the two extra seat tickets have for Helsinki 1 for two seat tickets for Helsinki 2....

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...1-2-seats-want-helsinki-2-2-seats-202681.html

:shifty:

Ah well, dispite the fact that I wasn't able to get online until around 11:00 am, I managed to obtain one ticket to Helsinki 2, or least I hope I did!? :uhoh:

Coz in the excitement I misspelled the first part of my hotmail email address, (for some reason eventim didn't like my yahoo mail address :shrug: ) which means I won't get a confirmation email. But the money has already gone from my bank account, (we have a system here in Finland where you can pay directly out of your account), so I'm hoping my silly mistake won't mean they'll cancel my order!! :pray:

I sent lippu.fi an email already, tried calling but the person at the other end said that there was no getting through....keeping my fingers crossed that everything is okay! :crazy:

Hi all,

Just thought I'd say a hello to all my fan bretheren and add that my mom and I will be travelling from the US to Finland for both shows (just got my GAs in the mail for the first show last week and managed to get GAs this week's public onsale for the second show). We're planning on doing both Finland shows, then flying over to Russia for the show (hopefully showS) there! If anyone needs help with travel to Russia, let me know. Having lived and worked there for years and speaking the language, I'm trying to help out a bunch of us that are planning on going to Moscow - help with visas, hotels, etc.

Cheers!
Colleen

Heh, hey, so I finally received my tickets for U2s second show yesterday! :happydance:

So now I have a GA ticket for Helsinki 1 and my ticket for Helsinki 2 is for a seat behind the stage in section B16, row 20, seat 745, so anyone in that section on Saturday and/or in the GA line on Friday, see you there!! :wave:

myu2helsinki2010tickets.jpg

Oh and I still have though's 2 extra seat tickets for Helsinki 1, that I mentioned in one of my previous posts, that was trying to trade but now, want to sell, for face value + service charges & postage. PM me if you're interested! :wink:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...1-2-seats-want-helsinki-2-2-seats-202681.html

what time will U2 be on stage?

is it daylight all night in Finland in August?

thanks,

U2 has been coming on stage around 9 to 9:30 pm during this tour.

And even though the day is still fairly long in August here in Finland, especially up here where I live, but at the time of U2s concerts this August, the sunset in Helsinki will be around 9 pm.

Last time in 1997 U2 didn't come on stage until 10 pm but that was because the shows were almost 2 weeks earlier i.e. the sunset was around 9:30 pm in Helsinki, than this years shows. So I think U2 will probably hit the stage around 9:30 pm. :wink:

Been looking for suitable hotels to stay in Helsinki and narrowed my search down to two possibles, one quite close to the Olympic stadium and one further away, meaning having to take a tram to the stadium, but nearer the railway station, and is €20 cheaper for a 3 night stay. :hmm:

So I've finally booked my hotel! :hyper: I decided to go with the hotel that's closer to railway station coz the other one I was looking at didn't have any more double rooms available!

Sokos Hotels: Sokos Hotel Helsinki - hotelli - hotellit

I'm treating my Mum to a shopping spree in Helsinki, which why I want a double room. Also, as I mentioned it's €20 cheaper and we're also a share holder of the Sokos company, meaning we'll benefit financially by staying at this hotel! :wink:

So anyone else here staying at or near our hotel? Maybe we could meet up and go to the stadium together. We'll be arriving on 19.08 after 18:00 and leaving the morning of 22.08. :wave:

i´m also in my second hometown :) ... back since 4 years.... finally.

i´m wondering about the supporting act... it would such a great thing if the "poets of the fall" would get a supporting act for the two concerts. I mean...in irland we have seen irish acts as well.... so it would be nice to see some finnish stuff in HELLsinki ;) ... why ? because POTF are amazing !!!

Oh and I still have though's 2 extra seat tickets for Helsinki 1, that I mentioned in one of my previous posts, that was trying to trade but now, want to sell, for face value + service charges & postage. PM me if you're interested! :wink:

As of today these tickets are no longer available!

As for any possible warm up bands, I wouldn't mind seeing Antti Tuisku!

YouTube - Antti Tuisku: Juuret - musiikkivideo

Loving his new album! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom