Paris 2 and London 2 Presale & General Sale - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one of the reasons I want to see wembley1, this will be packed out, wembley2 maybe not more so, just remembering zooroopa tour at wembley, think they did 3 nights and I got 2nd or third night and back end of wembley was totally empty and not sure if it was true or not but to get more people in it was broadcasted on radio unemployed people could get a ticket for free....not sure how true that was...it was 1993!...wembley1 is what I would love to see! :)

^ they did 4 in total at Wembley which is I think why the numbers took a hit - I believe they gave out tickets for the 4th show to the homeless or something like that.

I don't think that will apply this time - I'd compare it more to Twickenham on the last tour when you couldn't get tickets for both shows for love nor money. I think both shows will be rammed and from what I remember the 2nd shows are ofter seen as better, for example if there are sound problems they tend to get resolved for the second show. From my perspective Twickenham 1 had a louder crowd that 2 but the band were better on the second night.

The band are invariably better on night 2 and you get a mixed up setlist as well which you don't get night 1. I have done 2 nighters on the last 2 tours and have found night 2 always beats night 1 hands down.

I'm in NYC and I bought tickets to London. I think I read in some thread (maybe this one) that tickets would be sent in 4 to 6 weeks? Is that true?

I wonder why they aren't sent right away like US shows. Is it because I'm in America and not London? Or has no one received tickets yet?

My tickets for Sheffield have been posted - though I`ve got to rearrange delivery for next week as I was at work! My friends tickets for London 1 haven`t been dispatched yet according to Ticketmaster.

Anyone in the USA get their France tickets from LiveNation, Ticketnet or France Billet? They usually only take 4-5 days to deliver to California, but I've not seen anything yet. :hmm:

Got 'em today. July 11th @ Stade de France - Section H4, Rang 4. Not bad for a general sale purchase :applaud:

Anyone know how the second Wembley night is selling?

I seem to be able to still get decent seats - close to the stage behind.

Would be great to know!

Cheers

Anyone know how the second Wembley night is selling?

I seem to be able to still get decent seats - close to the stage behind.

Would be great to know!

Cheers

its about 2 thirds sold.
you should be able to get pretty good seats in most of the price bands.

There are still tickets left for take that and coldplay at wembley (for all dates), and are take that actually using the full layout?

I dont think anybody knows how many tickets are sold apart from U2 and wembley themselves.

This is U2 for god's sake :sad:

at least we can put The Rolling Stones comparisons to rest :wink:

I think in Europe all shows will sell out, though I am surprised that none of the German shows is sold out yet, I think once the media start to show bits of the shows and YouTube is filled with amateur clips, tickets will start to disapear quickly.

I think in Europe all shows will sell out, though I am surprised that none of the German shows is sold out yet, I think once the media start to show bits of the shows and YouTube is filled with amateur clips, tickets will start to disapear quickly.

I think you are spot on there.
If the UK shows are still a bit short on ticket sales come mid july, all U2 need to do is bang out a quick docu/live clip show like the one done on the Vertigo tour. Once people get a glimpse of the stadium show from say Barcelona or Milan - the tickets will soon sell out.

I wouldn't be suprised if the promotor chooses to reduce some of the ticket prices to the £65 band for Wembley though...

The 2nd Barcelona show seems to have filled up very fast recently - not sure whether that is because of promo work done in Spain - or the promoter there flexing some of the ticket prices...
Guess we will only find that out when the boxscores from the 2 shows are compared.

Ticket price band shifts are one option. After a certain point, it becomes about pure revenue maximisation. Having a seat filled is better than it being empty.

I think you are spot on there.
If the UK shows are still a bit short on ticket sales come mid july, all U2 need to do is bang out a quick docu/live clip show like the one done on the Vertigo tour. Once people get a glimpse of the stadium show from say Barcelona or Milan - the tickets will soon sell out.

I wouldn't be suprised if the promotor chooses to reduce some of the ticket prices to the £65 band for Wembley though...

The 2nd Barcelona show seems to have filled up very fast recently - not sure whether that is because of promo work done in Spain - or the promoter there flexing some of the ticket prices...
Guess we will only find that out when the boxscores from the 2 shows are compared.
Yeah I agree - the opening night in Barcelona should get a lot of newspaper exposure in the UK, especially in the mass read tabloids. They usually have a big spread somewhere for the opening night of U2 tours - hope they do the same this time and the press are kind on them for a change...

I'm sure they will be - journalists tend to be impressed when they actually go and watch the band live.

Back
Top Bottom