The Video Game Thread PEW PEW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has been playing guitar for years now, this is the first thing other than the drums that has gotten me interested in Rock Band/Guitar Hero. It too was my biggest gripe.

Free Red Dead Redemption DLC tomorrow, guyzez.

I've nearly finished Alan Wake. It's a fantastic game, it's a pity it released the same day as Red Dead, as it deserved far more press and attention. The atmosphere and environments are phenomenal. I can't remember the last time I was so interested in what was going to happen in the story of a game.

For PS3 owners, I highly recommend the downloadable PSN store game, Joe Danger. It's only $15, and it's an absolute blast. Sort of a mix of Excite Bike and that Trials game that came out last year. Great type of game to put in and play when you have some spare time without feeling like you have to give it hours of attention, lots of fun as well. It's received some fantastic reviews, check this vid if you're interested:

YouTube - Joe Danger Review

Ah, didn't realize the DLC was tomorrow. Excellent. I'm looking forward to NSW's return from Las Vegas so I can make a joke about him hopping on a ferry.

So I bought one of the new 360-S Xboxs when they were released on Friday.

I already have to send it in for repairs.

:happy:

Their track record in releasing consistently unreliable hardware at launch is braggable.

Luckily I still have my old 360, so I will be ready to have Imps to drive me off of a cliff in a stage coach when NSW is done at the Bunny Ranch.

I finally lent AC 2 from a friend and I have to say it's awesome and too addictive

I finally lent AC 2 from a friend and I have to say it's awesome and too addictive

Loved that game.

I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles, and though I like much of it, it's one of those games where you can play for an hour, not complete the mission, and then you're back to square 1, having basically lost an hour. This irks me. It's also very, very slow - not story wise, just in loading, in the time it takes for things to get from A to B, stuff like that.

There arent enough games like that one (at least what I've seen from it so far)

I think those little indie / XBLA games are great. Braid and Flower are two of my favorites. I also read that Double Fine (Psychonauts and Brutal Legend) are working on 4 games, and I believe they're of the indie/XBLA variety.

Bioshock 2 is only $40 now. For those that played it, did you enjoy it as much as the first one? I'm thinking about picking it up

I think I got it on sale for $30, can't remember. I still haven't played it yet, other than 10 minutes of multiplayer to get some achievements. No one has enjoyed it as much as the first review wise, but everyone seems to think it's still a solid sequel and worth playing if you loved the original. I'm looking forward to it.

The only advice I can give is to realize it's going to be single player only. No one is playing the multiplayer stuff any more, it took me 15 minutes or so just to get into a match the one time I tried.

That's cos everyone keeps returning to Chainsawville.

Some friends of mine went to Comic Con and they cannot stfu about Gears 3. They played some Beast Mode and were blown away. They say the highlight was the armored Kantus.

I still have yet to play the first Bioshock and sense that I likely never will.

It might be time to purchase Alan Wake or Heavy Rain or FF XIII.

I think I got it on sale for $30, can't remember. I still haven't played it yet, other than 10 minutes of multiplayer to get some achievements. No one has enjoyed it as much as the first review wise, but everyone seems to think it's still a solid sequel and worth playing if you loved the original. I'm looking forward to it.

The only advice I can give is to realize it's going to be single player only. No one is playing the multiplayer stuff any more, it took me 15 minutes or so just to get into a match the one time I tried.

Cool, I'll probably give it a shot then. Shame about the multiplayer though

Do you guys still play RDR on XBOX? I got it recently, probably going to start it playing it any day now...

I finished the single player then stopped. The multi-player was fun at first, more or less for the novelty and because I could shoot Scumbo and Impy...but then it got kinda boring. Still, watching Impy ride his horse off a cliff at high speeds made me laugh about as hard as possible.

I think that a few of us are going to play some of the co-op missions soon, though.

You'll enjoy the single player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom