US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2019, 08:33 AM   #856
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:39 AM
I was so tired last I forgot to mention that trump said he was now going ahead (we won't know until it actually happens) with those pre-dawn raids on undocumented immigrants this weekend.

I sure as hell hope this doesn't happen! This man's cruelty practically knows no bounds.

Old 07-04-2019, 12:33 PM   #857
Blue Crack Supplier

US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro

Its hot as fuck in DC. Thunderstorms predicted for later.

If you pray, pray for a deluge right as Tiny Rocketman tries to make it all about himself.

Am hearing stories about arguments and hostile words between regular people and the MAGA-hatted assholes who are in town for the day.

If you wear an MAGA hat, you are by definition an asshole.

Old 07-04-2019, 12:52 PM   #858
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

If you pray, pray for a deluge right as Tiny Rocketman tries to make it all about himself.
I thought about this, but then it would give him an obvious excuse for the small crowd size.

So now I hope that a bird shits on his head instead.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #859
ONE
love, blood, life

I just listened to a loud Australian on the DC metro talking about how immigrants in Australia are lazy and take money from the government. He was here for the Trump parade.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:21 PM   #860
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I just listened to a loud Australian on the DC metro talking about how immigrants in Australia are lazy and take money from the government. He was here for the Trump parade.

Not remotely surprised.

We’ve been working on the house and will stay home tonight to make sure the dog doesn’t loose her mind with the fireworks. Not going anywhere near that mess.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:00 PM   #861
Refugee

Happy 4th all !

Old 07-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #862
The Fly

Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Happy 4th all !

Sigh....don’t you know the American flag is a sign of racism, white supremacy, capitalism, and an offensive micro aggression in multiple intersectional ways?? ESPECIALLY in the U.S.A??
Old 07-04-2019, 05:57 PM   #863
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Its hot as fuck in DC. Thunderstorms predicted for later.

Am hearing stories about arguments and hostile words between regular people and the MAGA-hatted assholes who are in town for the day.

If you wear an MAGA hat, you are by definition an asshole.
Blarg. Sorry to hear about the heat. You know of course that NYC can get just as bad. Whenever I planned to visit I always kept an eye on predicted weather- trying to avoid anything above low-mid 80's. Course there was the time I was staying over night at someone's house in Georgetown, so didn't have to book a hotel (as I usually did); so I could see the Clinton's Xmas WH "Salute to American Crafters". I woke about 9am and my host said, "there's already 2 inches of snow on the ground (snowed all day, Feds sent home around 3PM) So think of that.
Today we actually lucked out! 83/real feel 84 - pretty dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I thought about this, but then it would give him an obvious excuse for the small crowd size.

So now I hope that a bird shits on his head instead.
A very valid point!

I will offer the Sci Fi version - a Mutated Giant Bald Eagle particularly disgusted with his views on climate change and thwarting the Constitution and Bill of Rights swoops him up, never to be heard from again. (Me likes!)

Quote:
wow, Bleah!
Quote:
Not remotely surprised.
heh.
Quote:
We’ve been working on the house and will stay home tonight to make sure the dog doesn’t loose her mind with the fireworks. Not going anywhere near that mess.
I knew you guys were smart! Aw, poor doggie. Give her a scratch behind the ears from me.

I will watch the Brooklyn Bridge fireworks on a big screen TV (house sitting before I head home), and find out about DC in dribs and drabs. Will not listen to his speech in real time.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:23 PM   #864
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Quote:

We have a lot of these types unfortunately.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:23 PM   #865
Blue Crack Supplier

When I was in Paris in Sept 2016 (through the graciousness of one my aunts) she, I and my cousin were having lunch outdoors. I got up to get something when I turned around to move and the person at the next table who to whom my back was turned (and visa versa he to me) was wearing a Fox News T-shirt.
Bleah!
The 3 of us had some serious conversations in our hotel - we're all more progressive. It was really annoying to see this while we were out having a really good time (my first trip to Europe!) and being reminded of the election back home.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:16 PM   #866
Blue Crack Supplier

at first glance on my local tv news trump made patriotic speech with out out going off script/political. no one mentioned any confrontations.

I guess we'll see.
and what he says about the crowd tomorrow etc. Plus about any of the Republican's who bought tickets etc.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:20 PM   #867
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
Sigh....don’t you know the American flag is a sign of racism, white supremacy, capitalism, and an offensive micro aggression in multiple intersectional ways?? ESPECIALLY in the U.S.A??

Sigh... don’t you know straw men built this country? Nuance, facts, and actual engagement is a sign of ignorance? Gzuz smites those that value truth, thank you for your devotion to the grift, we need more disciples like you.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:25 PM   #868
ONE
love, blood, life

The power of gzus compels you. Though I’m happy to announce my iPhone tries to change gzus to gays. Gays will always win
Old 07-04-2019, 10:36 PM   #869
Blue Crack Supplier

heh
Old 07-05-2019, 08:30 PM   #870
Blue Crack Supplier

I just read that during Trump's speech he got something of the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812 mixed up ( i admit, i might not have caught it had i heard it). However while he didn't end up making a political speech, he did say simething about the soldiers back then that they swarmed airports.

They swarmed airports! WTF!!??!

(How stupid does he think.....)

Unless it was to help distract from that tank(s?) sitting on the mall. I didn't watch any of it, just quick stuff on the 11pm news.
I looked at some of the photos today. And even with the tank(?s) just sitting there ; particularly the photo where it was in front with the Lincoln Memorial in tbe background - it was disturbing!