US Politics XIV: Vote for Pedro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.

I don’t understand why we have to oppose everything just because it’s Trump. There’s near no amount of good he can do at this point to not make him a repulsive president and human being. Pat him on the back the 2 or 3 times he gets something good done. It’s OK.
Yea I mean... Not getting a bill passed that's 40 years overdue just because the president's an asshole is pretty dumb and dangerous.

Now if he tries to put some shit about the wall in the bill, then yea fuck that guy. But short of that, pass the bill.

https://twitter.com/rossgarber/status/1134456563702345728?s=21

Trump could shoot someone on 5th ave and the senate still wouldn’t do anything.

50 members of Congress have called on to start the hearings.

Over 70% of democrat voters support it.

The Blue Wave happened because we wanted to put a check on Trump, not let him get away with anything he wants.

She’s going a great job of dividing the Dem base. A lot of people will give up on this party and government by 2020 if nothing is done.

Rules and laws have to matter, even if the end result isn’t 100% what we want

Word is this is all Stephen Miller.

He’s behind the immigration policies and the new tariffs

Date: June 3, 2019 at 4:07:17 PM GMT+1
Subject: Supplemental travel pool #2 - Westminster Abbey

POTUS re-emerged into the lantern of Westminster Abbey at 15.42 to see Poets' Corner.

He paused at the white marble slab commemorating Lord Byron, the poet politician, and asked what stone the flooring was made from.

He also inspected the stone marking the grave of Robert Adam, the Scottish architect, before moving on at 15.47.

Sent in collaboration with ace pooled Francesca Chambers

i am a master builder
it is what i do and know
but i doth not know what marble is
for my materials are faux

tremendous crowds

D8OG4SRWkAELKEv.jpg

Joe Biden has learned from his past mistakes. As far as I can tell, he has not spent this 2020 campaign repeatedly lying about having marched in the civil rights movement, like he did when he ran in 1988. :up:

hail Britania!
That is, all the Londoner's and others who showed up in the thousands to protest :down::down::down: against Drumph today! :applaud:

Of course the Crying Baby Trump Balloon was there. Lots of very funny signs as well.
My fav sign was
"Even the Introverts are coming out to Protest Trump!"

Back here in the States Harry Reid has come out for impeachment hearings.
Plus Nadler rejects DOJ demand to hold off on contempt charges against Barr

Last edited:
A Texas school board voted that a teacher who tried to report undocumented students in her school district to Donald Trump through a series of public tweets — that she thought were private messages to the president — should be fired.

The Fort Worth Independent School District unanimously voted 8-0 to terminate the employment of Georgia Clark at a special meeting Tuesday. She still has an opportunity to appeal the vote with the state, NBC Dallas-Fort worth reports.

Clark,an English teacher at Carter-Riverside High School, tweeted that the school she worked at had been “taken over” by “illegal students from Mexico,” that Trump was elected “on the promise that a wall would be built to protect our borders” and tweeted multiple statements referencing "illegals."

The tweets started gaining attention on social media last week, and Clark's account was deleted May 29. She was placed on administrative leave after the school district became aware of the tweets.

Clark has previously been investigated for similar comments, according to district records obtained by NBC Dallas-Fort Worth.

A Texas school board voted that a teacher who tried to report undocumented students in her school district to Donald Trump through a series of public tweets — that she thought were private messages to the president — should be fired.

The Fort Worth Independent School District unanimously voted 8-0 to terminate the employment of Georgia Clark at a special meeting Tuesday. She still has an opportunity to appeal the vote with the state, NBC Dallas-Fort worth reports.

Clark,an English teacher at Carter-Riverside High School, tweeted that the school she worked at had been “taken over” by “illegal students from Mexico,” that Trump was elected “on the promise that a wall would be built to protect our borders” and tweeted multiple statements referencing "illegals."

The tweets started gaining attention on social media last week, and Clark's account was deleted May 29. She was placed on administrative leave after the school district became aware of the tweets.

Clark has previously been investigated for similar comments, according to district records obtained by NBC Dallas-Fort Worth.

She will probably receive the presidential medal of freedom.

:sigh:

Not completely unlikely.

What a bitch! :|
------------------------------

And in other news Drumph has cut legal aide to unaccompanied child minors, and English classes.

How long before we run this asshat outta town (WH)! :yell:

Last edited:
I wonder if Spielberg will go back and edit Saving Private Ryan so it celebrates Donald Trump, or at least add a voiceover during the beach scene ... “FOR TRUMP!!!!”

So Pelosi said impeachment "is not off the table" in an intervirw.

One of the things I heard briefly over about 5 days ago on the radio (CBS or NPR) and then nothing till i just saw something online today was Pelosi's comment to a closed Democratic caucus was "_____ ___ ___, Id rather see him in jail". (not sure of the first part)

When i first heard it i was like :ohmy: "what?!". But then i heard nothing for days- so I thought maybe I'd fallen asleep sitting up in my living room while listening to my radio, and "heard" it. :lol:

While they are not confirming it; at least i know i didn't make it up! :D

John Dean testified that Mueller's report was like a "roadmap" to impeachment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom