The one song that EVERY U2 fan loves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
annie_vox said:
^^ If you go to the "shame" thread you'll see Acrobat mentined in some replies... I don't understand why though :shrug:

Really??? I guess there is alway ssomeone. Some people hate One. Some hate Bad. I don't know:shrug:

Running to Stand Still is out as is Dirty Day but Stay is added to the list.

Stay
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Fly
New Years Day
I Will Follow
Angel of Harlem
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day

I have to give Streets and Bad honorable mention because, besides the fact that I personally love both songs ("Bad" was my absolute favorite U2 song for years), I've found those two mentioned more often than any others on this thread so far. For Streets especially there has only been ONE person who hated it which makes me want to ask vaz_02 why you hate this song? I mean do you really hate it, or are you just being obtuse? I don't ask this to be belligerent--I'm genuinely curious.

I'll keep posting summaries of our progress until this thread dies it's natural, slow, and quiet death. So the final post will be mine.

OK I can't say I hate these songs, cause I don't hate any of their songs (yeah I'm a real pushover, I can usually find something good in each of there songs ) but at the bottom of my list of U2 songs is definetnly

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For...definently not a big fan of that song at all

Also, I most often skip Angel of Harlem and I Will Follow

and if you've ever read my profile on why I like U2, you would know that the only reason is that I can't stand Beautiful Day (though it's starting to grow on me)

anyway none of these probably count since I don't HATE them persay, just dont' care for them

You can take New Years Day off of the list. It goes nowhere, the lyrics are just a little too vague to be effective, they play it exactly the same way live every time (except the 2005 performances, which were the same as usual except Bono sounded like he was going to fall asleep mid song), and it just does nothing for me.

So the list now is:

Stay
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Fly
Angel of Harlem
Beautiful Day

right?
Does anyone want to take another song off the list? Or suggest a song?

Not With or Without You. I'm not a big fan. I also don't like Angel of Harlem, New Year's Day or I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For very much.

I'd say Streets and Bad.

Last edited:
:hmm:

I know! I know! :hyper:

40 :heart:

The only reason to dislike the song is due to the fact it means the show is over. :sad:

In fact, a while back I remember a thread where people discussed that if u2 was doing their last show ever, what song should they end with, and many agreed that it should be 40.

Last edited:
Sunday bloody sunday, easily. It seems to appeal to everyone, hasn't been over played (a la one) and even the smallest of u2 fans seem to know it.

Stay
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Fly
Angel of Harlem
Beautiful Day

I'd put 40, on, anyone disagree? So here is the list as of now.

sunday bloody sunday probs descibes u2 best from a non u2 fan perspective.

The list dwindles. . .

Thanks to shart1780 we lose Angel of Harlem and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. We'll let Beautiful Day stay since it's growing on Bono 212.

We'll also add Mofo, Gone, Gloria, and Eleven O'Clock Tick Tock though I predict that they will be gone within 24 hours.

So would everyone agree that the current list stands at the following?

Stay
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Fly
Beautiful Day
Mofo
Gone
Gloria
Eleven O'Clock Tick Tock

Thanks to Annievox and phillyfan for helping monitor the results!

I'm scratching Gloria and Gone myself. And I agree we should add Unforgettable Fire (for now).

Stay
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Fly
Beautiful Day
Mofo
Eleven O'Clock Tick Tock
Unforgettable Fire

The Unforgettable Fire always makes me sad for some reason... :sad: so I don't like to listen to it much :/ I don't HATE it, I'm just not a big fan of it. so I don't know if that counts or not.

if brau gets in this thread Mofo will be out :wink:

maycocksean said:

I'm personally taking out "Until the End of the World." I never cared much for that song at all.

Gee, maycocksean, I've enjoyed every post that you have made...until now!:mad: :grumpy: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

AtomicBono said:
The Unforgettable Fire always makes me sad for some reason... :sad: so I don't like to listen to it much :/ I don't HATE it, I'm just not a big fan of it. so I don't know if that counts or not.

If it makes you sad it has to mean something to you so I don't think it would be fair to take it off the list for now. But it's up to you;)

AtomicBono said:

Stay
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Fly
Beautiful Day
Mofo
Eleven O'Clock Tick Tock

It's off. This thread is about loving not hating so, you're not a big fan, it's out.

phillyfan26 said:

It's off. This thread is about loving not hating so, you're not a big fan, it's out.

I don't know phillyfan, I'm thinking maybe we should keep it. I think it will be impossible to find a song that every one LOVES (I know I have myself to blame for that, titling the thread the way I did, but whose gonna line up to list the songs they tolerate?), but we MIGHT find one that nobody hates. That's what I should have called the thread "the ONE U2 song nobody hates." So I concede, my bad on that. But. . .based on the written criteria, I think we could leave it since there is room for debate. . .though personally, I think someone will kill it sooner or later.

However, I do think we can take mofo out based on the fact there is someone on Interference who is a known hater of the song (i.e. brau).

zoobeatle, you are brave to stick these Pop songs on the list, considering the strong emotions that album tends to stir up, but we'll put them on and see how long they last.

So I would suggest the list stands as follows:

Stay
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Fly
Beautiful Day
Eleven O'Clock Tick Tock
Do You Feel Loved
Last Night on Earth

The Unforgettable Fire (hanging in the balance right now. . .all we need is one good hater).

I still think Streets has to be on the list. And how can anyone not like Angel Of Harlem? :mad: or Spanish Eyes for that matter :eyebrow:

:huh:

Why is DYFL on the list? I mean, I love the song, but to say that it's never been bashed or disliked on this forum is silly. It's been bashed plenty.

there's no wat that Streets can't be on that list, I don't understand how you can be a U2 fan and not like that song,it's miles better than sunday bloody sunday.

Back
Top Bottom